Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

Clearly, Whitman couldn't win here, no matter what she did.

She finds out that the housekeeper is an illegal and had been lying to her for years, then fires her: Cold, cruel, unfeeling, uncompassionate monster Meg.

She finds out that the housekeeper is an illegal and had been lying to her for years, then helps her get a green card and possibly citizenship: Lying, scheming, exploitative, illegal harboring Meg, who only did "the right thing" because she wanted to cover her tracks.

...and the band played on....
She could have had the courage of her convictions.

We need to build an ‘economic fence’ with a strong e-verification system that holds employers accountable for following the law. – Meg Whitman
Policy Pages - Other Priorities - Meg Whitman for Governor of California

This is pretty funny, and worth the entire read. Here's on snippet that caught my eye.

Character in the CA Gov Race: eMeg, Nicky and the Smoking Letter

Documents, what documents? Whitman points to the driver's license and Social Security card that Diaz presented when she first went to work for her and her husband back in 2000 as evidence that they had assurances Nicki was legal, even though they were being taken in by her.

To prove the point, they released a copy of an I-9 immigration service form that Diaz had signed swearing that she was legally in the country and authorized to work. The same form contains a line for the employer to sign, swearing that she has checked out the employee's documents and believes everything is on the up and up.

However, neither Meg nor Dr. Harsh signed Diaz's I-9 attesting to this.

When Whitman was questioned about her failure to sign on Thursday, she said: "I don't know whether we signed it or not."

Memo to Meg: you're the one who put out the document, girlfriend, go have yourself a read.

...​

What exactly could she have done to determine her legal status? She hired the women through a service.

Follow the directions shown in the SSA letter. She didn't.
1) They handed the letter off to the housekeeper, for her to input the proper information.

2) She not only failed to do so, she saved the letter for one reason or another (Gee...You don't think that....NAAAAAW!).

3) They weren't required by SSA to answer the letter.

What exactly could she have done to determine her legal status? She hired the women through a service.

1) They handed the letter off to the housekeeper, for her to input the proper information.

2) She not only failed to do so, she saved the letter for one reason or another (Gee...You don't think that....NAAAAAW!).

The letter stated that Whitman and her husband were responsible to verify the SSN. If they were given a bogus Social Security card, then it was SSA's responsibility. So why didn't Whitman sign the I9 Immigration form stating that she had checked the documentation?

Why didn't the employee verify her information?

Why are you holding her completely blameless in this whole affair?

I didn't use the word "verify", that's your word. I used checked. So why wouldn't Meg sign the I9 form, as required?

The letter stated that Whitman and her husband were responsible to verify the SSN. If they were given a bogus Social Security card, then it was SSA's responsibility. So why didn't Whitman sign the I9 Immigration form stating that she had checked the documentation?

This is not not not how it works, folks. Employers do not correspond directly with SSA over an employee's status. They might with INS and they certainly would with IRS (and BTW, a false SS card is a felony in and of itself, but use of one to secure anything of value is identity theft. What are people who conspire to commit identity theft called? FELONS.)

Once again, for the 32nd time in this post, Whitman would have filed on her maid no later than 30 days after the close of the first calendar quarter she employed her, and each quarter thereafter would also have been reported...to the IRS and to the California taxing authority. That's at least SEVENTY TWO letters rejecting her proferred payments of tax (if she made any) as well as SEVENTY TWO uncashed tax payment checks.

Unless, as I suspect, Whitman paid the maid under the table.

Face it, Whitman is GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. Tax fraud, tax evasion, workers compensation evasion, US immigration law -- the whole shooting match.

How's about my fellow Law And Order zealots join me in saying what needs said:

ARREST WHITMAN.

Last edited:
Face it, Whitman is GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. Tax fraud, tax evasion, workers compensation evasion, US immigration law -- the whole shooting match.
Were that the case, then Sea Hag Allred would be beating that drum...But she isn't.

It's readily apparent that Whitman complied with all the withholding and other applicable tax laws here...Had she not, you can bet your ass that CFTB would've hounded her down looooong before the SSA and IRS....You don't even want to run afoul of those hoodlums.

Allred Once Worked on Brown's Campaign But Says Maid Case Isn't Partisan"

Allred donated $1,000 to Jerry Brown in 1982.

Allred donated $150 to Jerry Brown in 2006.

The Associated Press Reported That "Allred is a Democratic superdelegate who has given money to Whitman's challenger, Democratic nominee Jerry Brown."

In 2007, Allred said on CNN that she knows Jerry Brown "personally."

Allred once worked on Brown campaign, but says maid case isn't partisan | California Watch

CaféAuLait;2796696 said:

The Associated Press Reported That "Allred is a Democratic superdelegate who has given money to Whitman's challenger, Democratic nominee Jerry Brown."

Allred once worked on Brown campaign, but says maid case isn't partisan | California Watch

So fucking what? Does that make Whitman less guilty?

Were that the case, then Sea Hag Allred would be beating that drum...But she isn't.

It's readily apparent that Whitman complied with all the withholding and other applicable tax laws here...Had she not, you can bet your ass that CFTB would've hounded her down looooong before the SSA and IRS....You don't even want to run afoul of those hoodlums.

What color is the sky in your world, Oddball? Do you truely feature some IRS dude or California tax collector dropping in at Whitman's house to see who her employees might be?

CaféAuLait;2796704 said:
On top of that the SEIU released a television ad about Whitman the very same day this was announced. As if this is not a political stunt.

California branch of the Service Employees International Union today released a TV ad targeting Whitman's alleged hypocrisy on the issue of hiring undocumented workers

Whitman vs. Allred: Highlights from Today's Trial by Press Conference - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Smells to high heaven.

Smells like good campaigning to me. Whitman has an Achilles heel, and her opponent's supporters are exploiting it.

Doesn't make it any less TRUE.

Jesus H. Christ I better never see any of you GOP hacks whining about the deficit or illegal immigration. Hypocritical much?

CaféAuLait;2796696 said:

So fucking what? Does that make Whitman less guilty?

Guilty of what? Please explain what she is guilty of when the letter her husband recieved 7.5 years ago said this had NOTHING to do with her status of a legal resident?

Whitman vs. Allred: Highlights from Today's Trial by Press Conference - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Moreover this letter MAKES no statement about your employees legal status.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0930_gloria_3.pdf

The maid LIED to gain employment, she lied to the FEDS, the employment agency and to the Whitmans. Of course she won't lie about anything else. :eusa_hand:

CaféAuLait;2796704 said:
On top of that the SEIU released a television ad about Whitman the very same day this was announced. As if this is not a political stunt.

California branch of the Service Employees International Union today released a TV ad targeting Whitman's alleged hypocrisy on the issue of hiring undocumented workers

Smells to high heaven.

Smells like good campaigning to me. Whitman has an Achilles heel, and her opponent's supporters are exploiting it.

Jesus H. Christ I better never see any of you GOP hacks whining about the deficit or illegal immigration. Hypocritical much?

Oh please. it sounds like a SETUP, the woman was fired a 1.5 years ago and all of a sudden she thinks she has some case and on the same day the case is announced the SEIU just happens to have an ad about it to release and it is on air the very same day?

So tell me why she did not say a word until a few weeks before mids if this happened a year and a half ago.

What color is the sky in your world, Oddball? Do you truely feature some IRS dude or California tax collector dropping in at Whitman's house to see who her employees might be?
You don't know jack about the California Franchise Tax Board, do you?...They rigorously compare their records with federal W-4 and 1099 filings...Those hooligans make the IRS look like Cub Scouts.

If Whitman had an employee whom she wasn't withholding taxes on, you can bet you ass that they'd be hassling her morning, noon and night.

CaféAuLait;2796744 said:
CaféAuLait;2796704 said:

Smells to high heaven.

Oh please. it sounds like a SETUP, the woman was fired a 1.5 years ago and all of a sudden she thinks she has some case and on the same day the case is announced the SEIU just happens to have an ad about it to release and it is on air the very same day?

She was fired right after Whitman decided to run for office.

So tell me why she did not say a word until a few weeks before mids if this happened a year and a half ago.

Why does Whitman change her story on a daily basis? That tends to be an indicator that the woman is lying.

You don't know jack about the California Franchise Tax Board, do you?...They rigorously compare their records with federal W-4 and 1099 filings...Those hooligans make the IRS look like Cub Scouts.

If Whitman had an employee whom she wasn't withholding taxes on, you can bet you ass that they'd be hassling her morning, noon and night.
Not if she was paying the maid under the table...in that case they wouldn't even know.

CaféAuLait;2796744 said:

She was fired right after Whitman decided to run for office.

Why does Whitman change her story on a daily basis? That tends to be an indicator that the woman is lying.

Trust me, the statute of limitations ain't run on any of Whitman's crimes.

As for a set up, let's examine that theory, shall we? Twelve years ago, Allred found an illegal alien, set her up as Whitman's maid and has been lying in wait to pounce.......that the theory you going with?

Guess what? Whitman is STILL guilty. You cannot be entraped by a private person...and your theory is patently re-dick-a-less. Watching the GOP kool aid get passed around on this thread is annoying me, guys.

Forum List

Back