Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

Wow.....Just wow. :eusa_wall:

Well, Oddball? There was no valid SSN. So what other possibility is there?
The possibility is that the taxes were paid on behalf of the faked/stolen SS account....Looks to me that the letter was intended to make sure that the employee's SS account got properly credited.

A fake SSN would have been kicked back by the IRS. A stolen one would have gone through BUT when Whitman discovered the maid was illegal and did not report her, she conspired to commit identity theft.

Whitman is screwed, screwed, screwed.

Independent contractor.
You don't deduct SS from an independent contractor. Plus, you still need a SSN to report the earnings via 1099 on an independent contractor.

In order to dispel doubts, Whitman is going to have to release the tax records.

If they exist, she cannot legally do that, Ravi. The taxpayer is the maid, and a taxpayer has a VERY high privacy right in her own tax reports, including 941's or 1099's.
The employer could be made to turn over THEIR tax records. Which would include the information of how and if they were paying the maid.

She shouldn't be arrested, even if she knowingly hired an illegal. Sadly, though...that is the law and a law she supports.

It's also very amusing that Whitman is blaming her problems on others.

O really? How many felonies do American Billionaires get to commit with impunity, Ravi? You can bet your ass you and I would get no free pass on the first half dozen. Is Whitman above the law?

She shouldn't be arrested, even if she knowingly hired an illegal. Sadly, though...that is the law and a law she supports.

O really? How many felonies do American Billionaires get to commit with impunity, Ravi? You can bet your ass you and I would get no free pass on the first half dozen. Is Whitman above the law?
No, I just think it is a stupid law. I do not think employers should be compelled to enforce immigration policy. But Whitman does.

:eusa_whistle:

You don't deduct SS from an independent contractor. Plus, you still need a SSN to report the earnings via 1099 on an independent contractor.

In order to dispel doubts, Whitman is going to have to release the tax records.

If they exist, she cannot legally do that, Ravi. The taxpayer is the maid, and a taxpayer has a VERY high privacy right in her own tax reports, including 941's or 1099's.
The employer could be made to turn over THEIR tax records. Which would include the information of how and if they were paying the maid.

The IRS and other law enforcement agencies can get them (and of course, if they exist, copies should already BE on file at IRS etc.) But Whitman cannot release them to the press.....to do so is yet another series of crimes (each document is a separate crime).

None of which addresses Whitman's exposure for violation of US immigration law or her conspiracy to commit identity theft.

No, I just think it is a stupid law. I do not think employers should be compelled to enforce immigration policy. But Whitman does.

:eusa_whistle:

I will admit, this flame out is spectacular. I am going to enjoy this.

Well, Oddball? There was no valid SSN. So what other possibility is there?
The possibility is that the taxes were paid on behalf of the faked/stolen SS account....Looks to me that the letter was intended to make sure that the employee's SS account got properly credited.

A fake SSN would have been kicked back by the IRS. A stolen one would have gone through BUT when Whitman discovered the maid was illegal and did not report her, she conspired to commit identity theft.

You're really grasping at every available straw here, aren't you?

Whitman didn't discover that the housekeeper was an illegal until recently, when that disclosure became grounds for termination...The letter from SSA (I just posted the link) clearly stated that it wasn't to be construed as questioning immigration status.

Whitman's position on immigration is as clear as mud....Purposefully so.

Claiming that she unequivocally supports this or that position merely shows that you know nothing about her or the CA governor's race.

Best to STFU and look the fool, than speak up and remove all doubt.

Levin often makes points that are best ignored.

However, you are right. I will wait for it to come out in written form, and compare that with the audio.

Whitman didn't discover that the housekeeper was an illegal until recently, when that disclosure became grounds for termination...The letter from SSA (I just posted the link) clearly stated that it wasn't to be construed as questioning immigration status.

Strange how that is ignored along with the fact she waited 1.5 years to do anything about her firing for being illegal.

CaféAuLait;2796919 said:
Riveting Radio: Levin Versus Allred

Mark Levin

He makes some great points, Allred has screwed her client.

Too fucking annoying to listen to, Cafe'AuLait, but in what way do you think Gloria has screwed her client? I'll agree, admitting the maid is here illegally is strange inasmuch as she is admitting the woman committed and is committing a crime. But if the client authorized Gloria to make such statements, it's not unethical to do so.

Presumably she'll be pursuing citizenship for this maid. What is your POV regarding that?

I can tell you mine: NO FUCKING WAY.

CaféAuLait;2796942 said:
Listening to Mark Levin? Oh vey.

It is an interview. Why not listen to Allred's reasoning? Levin makes some legal points that can't be ignored during the interview with Allred.
Sea Hag was on with John & Ken on KFI yesterday...She talked in total circles and screeched "This is about Meg Whitman lying!" every time she got asked any question which deviated from her script.

It was laughably pathetic....Classic Allred.

Claiming that she unequivocally supports this or that position merely shows that you know nothing about her or the CA governor's race.

:rolleyes:

We need to build an ‘economic fence’ with a strong e-verification system that holds employers accountable for following the law. – Meg Whitman

CaféAuLait;2796951 said:

Strange how that is ignored along with the fact she waited 1.5 years to do anything about her firing for being illegal.

As I have explained, Oddball, that is just not possible.

Did you read the instructions given to Whitman?
Did she follow up on those instructions, or did she just ignore them? Did you notice that she never signed the I9 Immigration form when the woman was hired, in spite of the instructions to do so. Too much bullshit to believe that she didn't know the woman was probably undocumented. The fact that Whitman changes her story on a daily basis adds to the fact that she's a bull shitter. Add to that her rhetoric on immigration, and it becomes a complete farce. Hoisted on her own petard, so to speak.

CaféAuLait;2796919 said:
Riveting Radio: Levin Versus Allred

Mark Levin

He makes some great points, Allred has screwed her client.

Too fucking annoying to listen to, Cafe'AuLait, but in what way do you think Gloria has screwed her client? I'll agree, admitting the maid is here illegally is strange inasmuch as she is admitting the woman committed and is committing a crime. But if the client authorized Gloria to make such statements, it's not unethical to do so.

Presumably she'll be pursuing citizenship for this maid. What is your POV regarding that?

I can tell you mine: NO FUCKING WAY.

I wonder if GA is using the maid's story as a way to help the authorities make a case on Whitman. The tactics seem often similar to what they did to Martha S. I hope this is not the case. If the Dem controlled legal authorities in CA are behind this, I would think it wrong.

:rolleyes:

We need to build an ‘economic fence’ with a strong e-verification system that holds employers accountable for following the law. – Meg Whitman

That should be the opening line on her indictment.

Forum List

Back