Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
my solution is simpler. Don't come in and act like a dick, and you won't piss people off to a point where they neg you into oblivion.

Board reality doesn't work that way.

New right wingers who act like dicks get showered with pos rep unless they posting overt racist garbage.

New left wingers who act like dicks eat neg after neg.

Get rid of the function.

patently untrue.

Bullsqueeze, man.

Yea, but... you have to admit... there are a few posters on here who deliberately neg the crap out of newbies. I've said it before... it happened to me... with GayBikerBoy... he used to neg me and gloat that his rep was so high that it was pointless for me to return it. He was right, of course. I didn't return it.... until mine was double his... then, oh hell yea... I returned it.

Generally, I dislike the whole 'neg the newbie' mentality.... and I'm as likely to neg a right wing idiot as a left wing idiot. I'm quite bipartisan with my negs. :lol:

And you're as likely to neg for no reason at all, too!

That's because you're a little bit daft, dear.

:D
Who ISN'T a bit daft, here or anywhere?

It's the type of daft and whether it jibes with YOUR type of daft that matters. :)

If I agreed with you, would that make me daft or you?

:eusa_shhh:

i hate when poster imply things and dont just right out say what they are talking about.....

who is trying to rule the board? what group? etc and so forth....i see people like warrior102 or whatever being negative to people on welcome threads....you cant control people who like to be 'asswipes' now can you? and they are on both sides

No offense to Pixie or anyone, but I think new blood might be good for this place.

Blaming past mods is also a little out there, a lot has happened since Gunny left, and both sides are to blame. When Pixie was chosen people had to know people would be pissed, and I am not saying she did anything wrong. We all know a lot has been said, and accusations have been made. If the high ups didn't think mods and other posters would have a problem with it, then they have no clue what goes on here.

To an extent, yes, I agree however as rep counts have naturally inflated over time the function has more and more become a tool/weapon/whatever that can be used to pile on people, especially new posters.

When I first started posting here 100 was "big rep". That just isn't the case anymore. I think it's run it's course here.
Ah, yes...the exponential nature of rep increases or decreases.

You have a point, too.

Maybe a compromise might work...decrease rep by an index multiplier. Maybe 10.

Of course, there might be unforseen consequenses, but it looks like a good fit initially.
LOL. Just call me Greenspan or Bernanke. Feels like a fed adjustment.

lol ... that's not a bad idea at all.

my solution is simpler. Don't come in and act like a dick, and you won't piss people off to a point where they neg you into oblivion.

New right wingers who act like dicks get showered with pos rep unless they posting overt racist garbage.

Get rid of the function.

patently untrue.

I agree. I see some lefties go up very quickly and some rights that aren't spouting racist comment in the red.

Either if a newbie comes in and trolls why shouldn't they be neg'ed. Should you work up a little rep before you act like an ass?

Get rid of the function.

patently untrue.

Bullsqueeze, man.

I'm not sure article, there are some pretty heavy hitting liberal members of the board who neg rep new conservative members too.....i don't think its just "the conservatives" doing it. (for everyone else notice I didn't say the conservatives were not doing it, just that they weren't alone and its an issue that crosses party lines ;))

Speaking of rep, when I first started posting here I posed as a Muslim poster, I got negged the fuck out. It would seem Muslims have it harder than the Liberals.:D

:lol:

Apparently rep is important to artie..

If it can't be distributed fairly then eliminate it, right artie?

Alinsky would be proud...:lol:

You are purposely missing the point, House. This is about a place being a hornets nest towards new members of a certain political bent. Like it or not, so long as the rep function exists it is part of the board perception.

I couldn't care less about rep in and of itself. Mine could be zeroed five minutes ago and it wouldn't matter a lick to me.

Sorry, artie... Dicks of all political leanings get trashed by the opposite side, and some by their own side... To claim it is one-sided just shows how unobjective you really are...

Tell me how much respect should be given a noob who comes in creating thread after thread about how the right wants to kill your puppies, throw children in the streets, and wants 30 bajillion people to lose their healthcare? Probably the same respect you give birther noobs, right?

patently untrue.

Bullsqueeze, man.

I'm not sure article, there are some pretty heavy hitting liberal members of the board who neg rep new conservative members too.....i don't think its just "the conservatives" doing it. (for everyone else notice I didn't say the conservatives were not doing it, just that they weren't alone and its an issue that crosses party lines ;))

Its all conservatives.

And you are a racist. :eusa_shifty:

Objectively pay attention to the rep count of noobs and their political bent, Traj. It isn't hard to see.

This is about a welcome mat being laid out for one side and a "you're not welcome" one for the other.

My solution is simple, eliminate the rep function.

Art...are you serious? really?

you mean like the 'biddy committee' gunny once spoke about? you were a mod then weren't you?...what was the haps then? without giving anyting away, the feeling was there was ladies club and they were repping each other ....and what happened there?

were you up for killing rep then?

and the not welcome? I ask again what is that and how do you know this?

what constitutes it?

what becasue people of alike of ideas rep each other there is some warp of the system you think needs fixing by killing the mechanism altogether? so what if we counted repo for every rep given by a amber form the left we would allow one form the right...would that help?

I will tell you a secret amigo- even if we killed rep here ( and guess what? I articulated that idea before you did....yup, ask Pixie) it would not in the end matter...because its the friggin internet, if this bitch goes way, along comes another.

and in the end? heres what its really all about imho- I was a Mod at a site in the late bush years and he was getting hammered to death, rightly or wrongly stupid real or some he deserved some, he didn't....the "balance' seemed overwhelmingly in the lefts favor, becasue BUSH was in the WH so there was no one else to attack..see how that works?

....now, the worm has turned..of course its seems like more righties have crawled out of the woodwork, the election year jitters are here and there is a real chance the present occupant may not make it....so?

its cyclical, as the Mod there, I heard EXACTLY the same from the right ....."the left was invading"," they never shut up", "its all stupid shit", "they have taken over" "the site aint what it used to be"" the mods are biased becasue of the imbalance" etc. was the biggy...sound familiar? etc etc etc etc etc etc .

I'm serious as a heart attack, Traj. Like I was just saying when I was a mod here rep counts weren't as high and the ability to "neg rep posters into oblivion" just didn't really exist.

Do I think it would entire end the matter or immediately balance the board? Of course not but I think it would go a long ways in making this board more hospitable to new posters.

Here is a draconian idea considering we can't expect the maturity level of the forum to exceed a young child, remove the negative rep capabilty.

patently untrue.

Bullsqueeze, man.

I agree that there are lefties that neg rightie noobs. Hell I'm guilty of it at times too.

However, I direct you to the copnrobbers of the board. That guy has eaten all sorts of negs for being legit dick since he's joined yet his rep/post count is quite healthy because there is a contingency of right wingers here who eat up that stuff and pos rep it like it's going out of style.

Objectively pay attention to the rep count of noobs and their political bent, Traj. It isn't hard to see.

This is about a welcome mat being laid out for one side and a "you're not welcome" one for the other.

My solution is simple, eliminate the rep function.
On the other hand, if they take rep so seriously, this place isn't for them because we currently have rep.

It's just out of principle. The responsibility of their leaving because of rep falls just as much on them for taking it so seriously, maybe more.

Either way - keeping rep or not - I'm ok with it.

And, a lot of those who got "negged into oblivion" got negged mostly for the whines about negs - my observation. Two examples from both left and right sides right off the top of my head - Copsnrobbers and Lahkota. Both very whiny about rep.

The thin-skinned will not last here. If negs are gone, the flames will take them out. Just saying.

copsnrobbers (100% right wing dick) and Lakhota. Excellent examples.

copsnrobbers: posts 883, rep count 58

Lakhota: posts 6590, rep count 135

Do the math.

so, in your mind, if you have less rep than someone else, even though you have more posts, that is somehow unfair or biased?

I have not seen enough of copsnrobber's posts to know much about them.

I HAVE seen enough of Shitting Bulls posts to know all I need to know about him.

Bullsqueeze, man.

Its all conservatives.

And you are a racist. :eusa_shifty:

:lol: You KNEW that would get you pos rep from me, didn't you? :tongue:

You are purposely missing the point, House. This is about a place being a hornets nest towards new members of a certain political bent. Like it or not, so long as the rep function exists it is part of the board perception.

I couldn't care less about rep in and of itself. Mine could be zeroed five minutes ago and it wouldn't matter a lick to me.

I noticed your rep function is still actived. :smoke:

Sorry, artie... Dicks of all political leanings get trashed by the opposite side, and some by their own side... To claim it is one-sided just shows how unobjective you really are...

Tell me how much respect should be given a noob who comes in creating thread after thread about how the right wants to kill your puppies, throw children in the streets, and wants 30 bajillion people to lose their healthcare? Probably the same respect you give birther noobs, right?

If that's true, and it isn't one-sided as you claim, please explain the copsnrobbers/lakhota rep disparity.

Dicks from both sides do get trashed, but lets be honest here, this board leans right. The right might not be favored over the left, but the majority of posters on here are right leaning. It isn't one sided, but with the board having more right wing active members it would be safe to say left wing members probably get negged more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back