Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullsqueeze, man.

I'm not sure article, there are some pretty heavy hitting liberal members of the board who neg rep new conservative members too.....i don't think its just "the conservatives" doing it. (for everyone else notice I didn't say the conservatives were not doing it, just that they weren't alone and its an issue that crosses party lines ;))

Its all conservatives.

And you are a racist. :eusa_shifty:

If I didn't think you were joking, I would consider negging you for that. I've negged three people in all the time I have been here. One time each and two of them were my friends at the time: Care4all and TM. The other was Syphon after several long threads in which he basically began acting like an ass. He started out fine but after a couple of days of it, it began to seem like maybe his wife was posting for him because he got damned obnoxious.

Immie

This is now a place where any new liberal gets negged into oblivion and any new right wing nut is welcomed with open arms.

Way to go, guy.

:thup:

You have examples? Because as far as I've seen recently... the ones who get 'negged into oblivion' are those who post racist shit all over the board. I would have thought that rep is bipartisan.

Just look around. You think it by accident that some posters have been here for 6 months or a year, who are uber conservative have over 1000 rep points and only about 1000 posts? pppfffttt....;o)

It's indicative of a fair system where anti-American, progressive pieces of crap are treated as the extremist loons they are.

When the loons are on top it's indicative of someone abusing the system. Which is why Arty is whining and wants to abuse the system, and admits to doing it himself. It's the only way the extremists can gain ground. By cheating, lying, and circle jerking.

When they aren't allowed to do that, they sink, and when they sink, they whine about how *unfair* it all is.

Snif.

That is absolutely not true. We lose good people we care about, and it doesn't matter what day it is.

Take your meds. Everyone else is working out their lugubrious experience in creative ways.

Don't waste your time with it, becs. Synthia has no value other than to whine.

What "value" do you bring?

Hmmmmm......zutalors...joined this month...42 posts. Methinks this is probably TM's new account that she created this morning after being banned.

GET HER!!!!!

I am just kidding!!!!!

Let me see if I get this right. Some folks are saying that new liberal posters get neg repped by conservatives and vice versa in general?

I can't think of what "Changes" you are referring to other then the fact that we've asked (we've always asked) for our moderation team to be courteous to the membership and act like a moderator. Flaming users left and right isn't something we want the people who lead the site doing. You should lead by example.

Some moderators a long time ago did not agree with that policy and they stepped down.

And that was what used to be one of the good things about this board. And that is how it grew and grew..mods could mix in with the rest of us without fear or favour, and they knew when to draw the line. They could be part of the fun and then wave a stick

And Gunny et al haven't been gone that long at all...
Exactly.

The mods were able to compartmentalize their two roles - one as a poster and one as a mod. And rarely, if ever, did ANY of them abuse their authority as a mod for personal advantage/gain/desire.

What about that is so difficult for the powers that be to grasp?

:confused:

No, Art is saying that it isn't fair that extremist loons can't get big rep counts, and has proposed revamping the system to make it so nobody can rep, to even the field.

Don't waste your time with it, becs. Synthia has no value other than to whine.

What "value" do you bring?

Hmmmmm......zutalors...joined this month...42 posts. Methinks this is probably TM's new account that she created this morning after being banned.

GET HER!!!!!

I am just kidding!!!!!

angry-mob-at-frankenstein-castle.jpg

TM's rep has been in slow decline for a while now.

Well I wonder why that could be. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she's a blithering idiot who makes the same ludicrous posts with nothing but propaganda over and over now would it?

He is trying to make the point TM's rep was declining while someone on the right who would be her equal rep would go up.

TM has no equal (for being an annoyance) regardless of political leanings.

Immie

Of course rep matters, especially for those just starting out. I for one, if I see somebody consistently in the red I ignore their posts becuase I see them as trolls and not worth my time. Until recently that is. Then I note people with about 100 posts making decent arguments but are in the red. That never used to happen, Art is on the money about being a right-wing rep fest...

:eusa_boohoo:

As for a changing board, nobody minds that, but when the rules are being arbitrarily changed without consultation of the membership or Mods start using their own judgement about what they think should be on or off limits even if they aren't in the rules, well people are bound to get upset, no?

"The membership"? What is this? A fucking club that we pay dues to? I don't know who owns USMB but we post here because we choose to and we are permitted to assuming we obey the TOS. Whoever owns USMB doesn't require our permission to change the rules.

Never said they did retard. But as with any type of place where there is membership, you keep them out of the loop and they leave in droves.

Unlike you Newby I was here in the bad old days where people did leave in droves. After the retard who used to own this board left, he started a new one. PMed everybody about it, too. Today, if you go to that site, there are two members currently posting on it (and I mean right now as I type) and about 15 people have visited it all day (i'd post a link, but it is against the board rules). Compare that to this site today.

Of course the owners could have the neocon, whackjob, loon fuckwit attitude likes yours, or be inclusive around changes. Does that mean there has to be a consensus about changes or even a consultation process? Of course not. But it would be nice to know what is going on..

If not watch the board die. Seen it happen here once already. DanK is right this board will always be around..it's whether it as 20 or 200 active members that is the point...

Your attitude ensures the latter....:blues:

Well I wonder why that could be. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she's a blithering idiot who makes the same ludicrous posts with nothing but propaganda over and over now would it?

He is trying to make the point TM's rep was declining while someone on the right who would be her equal rep would go up.

TM has no equal (for being an annoyance) regardless of political leanings.

Immie

Another TM obsessed poster. LOL I get obsessed over the TM obsessed. Go figure!

You guys need a TM Anonymous Club.

Last edited:
I can't think of what "Changes" you are referring to other then the fact that we've asked (we've always asked) for our moderation team to be courteous to the membership and act like a moderator. Flaming users left and right isn't something we want the people who lead the site doing. You should lead by example.

Some moderators a long time ago did not agree with that policy and they stepped down.

And that was what used to be one of the good things about this board. And that is how it grew and grew..mods could mix in with the rest of us without fear or favour, and they knew when to draw the line. They could be part of the fun and then wave a stick

I miss Gunny! The board hasn't been the same since he left.

The mods were able to compartmentalize their two roles - one as a poster and one as a mod. And rarely, if ever, did ANY of them abuse their authority as a mod for personal advantage/gain/desire.

What about that is so difficult for the powers that be to grasp?

:confused:

Yep, and when mods did abuse their authority they were gone. Didn't help that Gunny had some sort of meltdown and went too OTT on some occasions...

Last edited:
You have examples? Because as far as I've seen recently... the ones who get 'negged into oblivion' are those who post racist shit all over the board. I would have thought that rep is bipartisan.

Just look around. You think it by accident that some posters have been here for 6 months or a year, who are uber conservative have over 1000 rep points and only about 1000 posts? pppfffttt....;o)

It's indicative of a fair system where anti-American, progressive pieces of crap are treated as the extremist loons they are.

When the loons are on top it's indicative of someone abusing the system. Which is why Arty is whining and wants to abuse the system, and admits to doing it himself. It's the only way the extremists can gain ground. By cheating, lying, and circle jerking.

When they aren't allowed to do that, they sink, and when they sink, they whine about how *unfair* it all is.

Snif.

You should seek professional help.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I do remember some pretty bad meltdowns and then later in the day the thread mysteriously gone away. I like Gunny but the bad times are memorable. He could be quite charming at times tho. An exercise in extremes.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I do remember some pretty bad meltdowns and then later in the day the thread mysteriously gone away. I like Gunny but the bad times are memorable. He could be quite charming at times tho. An exercise in extremes.

Gunny must be an acquired taste.

Sensible folks never acquire that taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back