Men in women's bathrooms

Not just recommending, sadly. Some of these children are having their puberty delayed. Puberty, the very process that results in a great many kids abandoning earlier notions that they might ID with the opposite gender. Interesting, isn't it?

Not to mention that drugging a child with powerful hormones results in a delay in brain and bone development; and that child under such a powerful mind-altering influence cannot of his own mind "decide which gender he wants to be" when that decision is already 3/4 of the way made for him by the prescribing MD & consenting parents (all of which belong in prison for child abuse).

I don't think I agree with imprisoning them. I think some of them think they are doing the right thing. It is inadvertent abuse, IMO.
Like someone else posted on another thread, there are other disorders very similar to transgenderism, such as people who want to cut off one of their limbs or people who want to be blind. Would we cut off their limbs and blind them to satisfy these delusions? No, we would not. We would think that is a horrible and macabre treatment for someone who is obviously delusional.
If somebody had a fear of hair do you think it would be absurd to cut off their hair? If somebody was scared of enclosed spaces would you lock them in an elevator? For some, facing their fear and learning how to cope is effective, for others with extreme cases of dysphoria and phobias, the best course is to contain the fear through providing a safer more comfortable environment for them.

And what of the females who may have fear of men sharing their bathrooms for VARIOUS reasons? They don't count? Only this very small portion of people matter to you? Their comfort and feelings of security outweigh others?

You aren't answering the questions honestly or logically.
As I stated before, do you think these females who have fear of sharing bathrooms with men would feel comfortable seeing a Trans Man in their bathroom? You've seen the pictures of what they look like or perhaps have met one... Do you really think they belong in there?

Have you read any of my posts? I did say that was not my concern. What did I say MY concern was?

Not just recommending, sadly. Some of these children are having their puberty delayed. Puberty, the very process that results in a great many kids abandoning earlier notions that they might ID with the opposite gender. Interesting, isn't it?

Not to mention that drugging a child with powerful hormones results in a delay in brain and bone development; and that child under such a powerful mind-altering influence cannot of his own mind "decide which gender he wants to be" when that decision is already 3/4 of the way made for him by the prescribing MD & consenting parents (all of which belong in prison for child abuse).

I don't think I agree with imprisoning them. I think some of them think they are doing the right thing. It is inadvertent abuse, IMO.
Like someone else posted on another thread, there are other disorders very similar to transgenderism, such as people who want to cut off one of their limbs or people who want to be blind. Would we cut off their limbs and blind them to satisfy these delusions? No, we would not. We would think that is a horrible and macabre treatment for someone who is obviously delusional.
If somebody had a fear of hair do you think it would be absurd to cut off their hair? If somebody was scared of enclosed spaces would you lock them in an elevator? For some, facing their fear and learning how to cope is effective, for others with extreme cases of dysphoria and phobias, the best course is to contain the fear through providing a safer more comfortable environment for them.

And what of the females who may have fear of men sharing their bathrooms for VARIOUS reasons? They don't count? Only this very small portion of people matter to you? Their comfort and feelings of security outweigh others?

You aren't answering the questions honestly or logically.
As I stated before, do you think these females who have fear of sharing bathrooms with men would feel comfortable seeing a Trans Man in their bathroom? You've seen the pictures of what they look like or perhaps have met one... Do you really think they belong in there?

Since you seem to consider yourself the board expert on transgenders and how they feel, I would like for you to tell me what it means to "feel" like a man or a woman. Thanks.

1. How does allowing a transgendered person to pee in peace, impact on other peoples' rights?

2. Once and for all, transgendered people are not whipping out their dicks in front of women and girls. They're not disrobing in public. They're just going in and using the bathroom, just like the rest of us.

1. What is "transgender"? I'm familiar with only men and women. For instance, I've never seen a "transgender" sign outside a bathroom. Only "men" or "women". Oh, and be very specific when you define what you mean by "transgender".

2. What happens when men playing pretend ("transgender") DO whip out their dicks in showers, dormitories and locker rooms in front of women? (this isn't just about rooms marked "women" with just toilets you know)

Also (bonus question) how do we identify "transgenders"? Do they have a badge or ID signed off by an MD? Or are they just self-diagnosed? And if self-diagnosed, how again do we tell them apart from imposters who just want to get in to creep on women and girls?
1. What is "transgender"? I'm familiar with only men and women. For instance, I've never seen a "transgender" sign outside a bathroom. Only "men" or "women". Oh, and be very specific when you define what you mean by "transgender".
A transgender is somebody whose gender identity is that which is opposite of the sex on their birth certificate

2. What happens when men playing pretend ("transgender") DO whip out their dicks in showers, dormitories and locker rooms in front of women? (this isn't just about rooms marked "women" with just toilets you know)
They get arrested

Also (bonus question) how do we identify "transgenders"? Do they have a badge or ID signed off by an MD? Or are they just self-diagnosed? And if self-diagnosed, how again do we tell them apart from imposters who just want to get in to creep on women and girls?
Common sense. Transgenders look and live the lifestyle as the gender that they identify with. Creeps are creeps, it was either you or pops that made the case that Hate Crime legislature was all that was needed to protect transgenders. Well there are laws about harassment and abuse as well which are there to prevent and provide consequences for bathroom abusers.

There is and will be more real harm being caused to transgenders if they are forced to use the opposite bathroom as their identity. To see a "T-girl" or "T-boy" go into the opposite bathroom makes everybody feel uncomfortable and causes harassment. This can be reduced if Transgenders use the bathroom that they identify with, which many are already doing without significant incidents.

There is already abuse happening in bathrooms. Creepy men can sneak in and break the law, they can dress up right now and sneak in. I do not believe that these incidents will increase if Transgenders are allowed to use the restroom of their identity.

Why don't you explain to us what it "feels" like to "feel" like a man or a woman? I'd be interested in hearing that.
I have no clue. I was born a male and have always felt like a male. Thinking about what Transgenders feel totally weirds me out, so I don't understand... nor do I expect you to understand. I do however listen to their stories and a sympathize for the tremendous struggles they go through, and I support creating a safer more accepting environment for everybody... Women and children included.

1. How does allowing a transgendered person to pee in peace, impact on other peoples' rights?

2. Once and for all, transgendered people are not whipping out their dicks in front of women and girls. They're not disrobing in public. They're just going in and using the bathroom, just like the rest of us.

A transgender is somebody whose gender identity is that which is opposite of the sex on their birth certificate

They get arrested

Common sense. Transgenders look and live the lifestyle as the gender that they identify with. Creeps are creeps, it was either you or pops that made the case that Hate Crime legislature was all that was needed to protect transgenders. Well there are laws about harassment and abuse as well which are there to prevent and provide consequences for bathroom abusers.

There is and will be more real harm being caused to transgenders if they are forced to use the opposite bathroom as their identity. To see a "T-girl" or "T-boy" go into the opposite bathroom makes everybody feel uncomfortable and causes harassment. This can be reduced if Transgenders use the bathroom that they identify with, which many are already doing without significant incidents.

There is already abuse happening in bathrooms. Creepy men can sneak in and break the law, they can dress up right now and sneak in. I do not believe that these incidents will increase if Transgenders are allowed to use the restroom of their identity.

Why don't you explain to us what it "feels" like to "feel" like a man or a woman? I'd be interested in hearing that.
I have no clue. I was born a male and have always felt like a male. Thinking about what Transgenders feel totally weirds me out, so I don't understand... nor do I expect you to understand. I do however listen to their stories and a sympathize for the tremendous struggles they go through, and I support creating a safer more accepting environment for everybody... Women and children included.

Look, I don't think you're a bad guy or anything. I'm just trying to point out the insanity of it all. It is utter insanity, PC gone awry.

And what is it exactly that makes you "feel" like a male?

What punishment would you recommend for an MD who amputated a patient's healthy arm or leg because that patient "always felt like an amputee" from their earliest memory? I'd send them to prison. But I guess that's just me?
If the patients arm is causing them mental or physical harm and after extensive analysis it is determined that removing the arm is in the best interest of the patients health then it should be acceptable.
Physical harm - of course. Duh. Nobody is arguing that. So stop with the straw man. Mental? Uh...no. If there is no physical need, then no physical action should be taken. We have psychologist and psychiatrists for mental health issue (and notice none of them are licensed to perform surgery - there is a reason for that).
Nice try man...

“Over 200 municipalities and 18 states have nondiscrimination laws protecting transgender people’s access to facilities consistent with the gender they live every day,” according to the coalition. "None of those jurisdictions have seen a rise in sexual violence or other public safety issues due to nondiscrimination laws. Assaulting another person in a restroom or changing room remains against the law in every single state.”

Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Groups Debunk 'Bathroom Predator Myth'

Personally, when I'm sitting here thinking about things and doing things, I'm not focused on my gender in most instances. I think of myself as a person/a human being. Isn't THAT the important thing that should be focused on? The fact that these people are so focused on their genitalia and their gender is messed up to begin with.

What punishment would you recommend for an MD who amputated a patient's healthy arm or leg because that patient "always felt like an amputee" from their earliest memory? I'd send them to prison. But I guess that's just me?
If the patients arm is causing them mental or physical harm and after extensive analysis it is determined that removing the arm is in the best interest of the patients health then it should be acceptable.
Physical harm - of course. Duh. Nobody is arguing that. So stop with the straw man. Mental? Uh...no. If there is no physical need, then no physical action should be taken. We have psychologist and psychiatrists for mental health issue (and notice none of them are licensed to perform surgery - there is a reason for that).
Nice try man...

“Over 200 municipalities and 18 states have nondiscrimination laws protecting transgender people’s access to facilities consistent with the gender they live every day,” according to the coalition. "None of those jurisdictions have seen a rise in sexual violence or other public safety issues due to nondiscrimination laws. Assaulting another person in a restroom or changing room remains against the law in every single state.”

Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Groups Debunk 'Bathroom Predator Myth'

Exactly, it is already against the law to assault a person, regardless of which restroom they happen to be using, so why the special treatment for transgenders?

IF they are suicidal, they should be placed in a locked down facility, just like we do with anyone else who has suicidal or homicidal ideation. That is what they do with people who suffer from depression and other mental disorders. When they express feelings of suicide or homicide, they are placed in locked down psychiatric facilities for their own protection and the safety of society.
Ok, but they can't live there forever... How do you treat somebody that is freaking out because they feel like they are in the wrong body and they have resorted to self harm?

They get arrested

All people suffering from mental illness go through a difficult time coping with it.

IF they are suicidal, they should be placed in a locked down facility, just like we do with anyone else who has suicidal or homicidal ideation. That is what they do with people who suffer from depression and other mental disorders. When they express feelings of suicide or homicide, they are placed in locked down psychiatric facilities for their own protection and the safety of society.
Ok, but they can't live there forever... How do you treat somebody that is freaking out because they feel like they are in the wrong body and they have resorted to self harm?

Put them in a locked facility to protect them from themselves, just as we do with anyone else who is suffering from mental illness.

The "wrong body?" Yet liberals will say gender doesn't matter at all. That we are equal in almost every way. So why do you think these people are SO preoccupied with what organ is between their legs?

The simple fact that these people are obsessed with their genitals and "feeling" like a male or a female tells the story. That's all you have to think about to know this is a mental disease.

They get arrested

Yes, they get arrested, just as someone who assaults a transsexual in the men's room would be arrested. Your posts here are pointless, really. Your points and your "fears" about transsexuals being violated or assaulted are not more valid than mine about men being in the ladies' room.
I agree, both arguments are valid as this is a very complicated issue with out a clear path. I tend to support and stand up for the disadvantaged. I may attack arguments that seem hateful, inconsiderate, or uncompassionate, but I respect peoples desire to feel safe and feel like their children are safe. I just don't like when people use those arguments to politicize an issue when the core of their argument comes from a very apparent bias towards the group in question. You seem a little more on the objective side than most and i appreciate you posting links and doing some research.

I am much more interested in talking about the psyche of those who are suffering this ailment than I am about the bathroom issues, honestly. I want to know how anyone could think this is NOT a mental disorder. There is absolutely nothing physically wrong with these people. Some of us are advocating amputating completely healthy body parts in order to "pacify" a mental illness that obviously is related to some other factor that has not been discovered. That is WRONG, IMO.

I mean . . . is it because they like dresses and pretty clothing and things that women wear? They feel they would look better in these items if they looked more like women? Really, I cannot understand WHY they would "feel" like they are women.

Delusion is not the correct term. It's called Gender Identity Disorder... You should look it up, read some stories, learn what children go through, learn about what treatments are in place, what struggles these people go through, how many suicides and self harm they experience.... Get some objectivity so there is a basis behind your arguements. Right now your statements read like you know little to nothing about the flip side of the coin

Giving it a fancy name, and dressing it up with anecdotes, doesn't change the underlying reality. When someone who is undeniably, as a matter of immutable biological fact, male, believes himself to be female, then that is a delusion.

Forum List

Back