Men in women's bathrooms

Out of curiosity... Do you think undressing in a locker room next to a gay guy is an invasion of your privacy?

If I choose to enter a locker room with the sign on the door "Men", I have been given adequate notice that my right to privacy is limited by that sign.

That is why the sign exists in the first place.
Understandable. Do you understand the counter arguement that by your proposal it causes a threat to transgenders? By putting people who look and act like ladies in the men's room and vice versa causes universal feelings of discomfort and invasion of privacy as well?

But you don't care about the women and little girls comfort at all, do you?
Of course I care about women and children... Either way a transexual is going to make uneducated and bigoted men, women, and children uncomfortable. Whether it be a girl that looks like a dude in the ladies room or if its a guy that looks like a girl in the ladies room or vice versa in the mens room. Don't you agree?

Why do you say "bigoted?" You think if a woman feels uncomfortable sharing her bathroom with a man means she is a bigot? I don't think you really know what that word means. Lol. The more you throw it out there, the less "impact" it really has. You know?
I said uneducated or bigoted... They either do not know or understand what or who these people are or they do understand and choose to discriminate or be intolerant to the group that they disagree with... That is the definition of a bigot.

I have stated many times that this is a very difficult issue and I understand arguments on both sides, so my above statement isn't absolute but does apply to many opposers that I've heard from. There are a few that understand the struggles of transgenders and are not intolerant, however, these individuals are few and far between.

1. How does allowing a transgendered person to pee in peace, impact on other peoples' rights?

2. Once and for all, transgendered people are not whipping out their dicks in front of women and girls. They're not disrobing in public. They're just going in and using the bathroom, just like the rest of us.

1. What is "transgender"? I'm familiar with only men and women. For instance, I've never seen a "transgender" sign outside a bathroom. Only "men" or "women". Oh, and be very specific when you define what you mean by "transgender".

2. What happens when men playing pretend ("transgender") DO whip out their dicks in showers, dormitories and locker rooms in front of women? (this isn't just about rooms marked "women" with just toilets you know)

Also (bonus question) how do we identify "transgenders"? Do they have a badge or ID signed off by an MD? Or are they just self-diagnosed? And if self-diagnosed, how again do we tell them apart from imposters who just want to get in to creep on women and girls?

Not just recommending, sadly. Some of these children are having their puberty delayed. Puberty, the very process that results in a great many kids abandoning earlier notions that they might ID with the opposite gender. Interesting, isn't it?

Not to mention that drugging a child with powerful hormones results in a delay in brain and bone development; and that child under such a powerful mind-altering influence cannot of his own mind "decide which gender he wants to be" when that decision is already 3/4 of the way made for him by the prescribing MD & consenting parents (all of which belong in prison for child abuse).

I don't think I agree with imprisoning them. I think some of them think they are doing the right thing. It is inadvertent abuse, IMO.
Like someone else posted on another thread, there are other disorders very similar to transgenderism, such as people who want to cut off one of their limbs or people who want to be blind. Would we cut off their limbs and blind them to satisfy these delusions? No, we would not. We would think that is a horrible and macabre treatment for someone who is obviously delusional.

What punishment would you recommend for an MD who amputated a patient's healthy arm or leg because that patient "always felt like an amputee" from their earliest memory? I'd send them to prison. But I guess that's just me?
If the patients arm is causing them mental or physical harm and after extensive analysis it is determined that removing the arm is in the best interest of the patients health then it should be acceptable.

How does allowing a transgendered person to pee in peace, impact on other peoples' rights?

Nobody has ever prevented them from "peeing in peace". So long as they use the correct restroom. There is a reason it says Women on the door - because men are not supposed to be in there. Period.

Now stop with your nonsensical straw man. Nobody is talking about "peeing peace". We're talking about using the correct facility for one's gender. And a person does not get to decide their gender. That is decided for them by chromosomes.

Not just recommending, sadly. Some of these children are having their puberty delayed. Puberty, the very process that results in a great many kids abandoning earlier notions that they might ID with the opposite gender. Interesting, isn't it?

Not to mention that drugging a child with powerful hormones results in a delay in brain and bone development; and that child under such a powerful mind-altering influence cannot of his own mind "decide which gender he wants to be" when that decision is already 3/4 of the way made for him by the prescribing MD & consenting parents (all of which belong in prison for child abuse).

I don't think I agree with imprisoning them. I think some of them think they are doing the right thing. It is inadvertent abuse, IMO.
Like someone else posted on another thread, there are other disorders very similar to transgenderism, such as people who want to cut off one of their limbs or people who want to be blind. Would we cut off their limbs and blind them to satisfy these delusions? No, we would not. We would think that is a horrible and macabre treatment for someone who is obviously delusional.
If somebody had a fear of hair do you think it would be absurd to cut off their hair? If somebody was scared of enclosed spaces would you lock them in an elevator? For some, facing their fear and learning how to cope is effective, for others with extreme cases of dysphoria and phobias, the best course is to contain the fear through providing a safer more comfortable environment for them.

And what of the females who may have fear of men sharing their bathrooms for VARIOUS reasons? They don't count? Only this very small portion of people matter to you? Their comfort and feelings of security outweigh others?

You aren't answering the questions honestly or logically.

What punishment would you recommend for an MD who amputated a patient's healthy arm or leg because that patient "always felt like an amputee" from their earliest memory? I'd send them to prison. But I guess that's just me?
If the patients arm is causing them mental or physical harm and after extensive analysis it is determined that removing the arm is in the best interest of the patients health then it should be acceptable.
Physical harm - of course. Duh. Nobody is arguing that. So stop with the straw man. Mental? Uh...no. If there is no physical need, then no physical action should be taken. We have psychologist and psychiatrists for mental health issue (and notice none of them are licensed to perform surgery - there is a reason for that).

I'm a true blue Democrat through and through. It's called self awareness...look into it, hack. :lol:

It's not called "self-awareness" it's called being full of hate. That is why you are a "true blue Democrat". You hate that other people are free. You hate that other people have choice. You hate that you can't control others. And most of all, you hate heterosexuals. You are full of hate.

The hate is coming from conservatives. Conservatives are big on majority rights but not minority rights.

How does allowing a transgendered person to pee in peace, impact on other peoples' rights?

Once and for all, transgendered people are not whipping out their dicks in front of women and girls. They're not disrobing in public. They're just going in and using the bathroom, just like the rest of us.

This is another conservative fear mongering attack on minority rights.

What "rights" are those?

If somebody had a fear of hair do you think it would be absurd to cut off their hair? If somebody was scared of enclosed spaces would you lock them in an elevator? For some, facing their fear and learning how to cope is effective, for others with extreme cases of dysphoria and phobias, the best course is to contain the fear through providing a safer more comfortable environment for them.

And what of the females who may have fear of men sharing their bathrooms for VARIOUS reasons? They don't count? Only this very small portion of people matter to you? Their comfort and feelings of security outweigh others?

Liberals have been waging a very wicked war on women for over a century now. Are you really surprised that the concern's of women don't matter in the minds of liberals?

If I choose to enter a locker room with the sign on the door "Men", I have been given adequate notice that my right to privacy is limited by that sign.

That is why the sign exists in the first place.
Understandable. Do you understand the counter arguement that by your proposal it causes a threat to transgenders? By putting people who look and act like ladies in the men's room and vice versa causes universal feelings of discomfort and invasion of privacy as well?

But you don't care about the women and little girls comfort at all, do you?
Of course I care about women and children... Either way a transexual is going to make uneducated and bigoted men, women, and children uncomfortable. Whether it be a girl that looks like a dude in the ladies room or if its a guy that looks like a girl in the ladies room or vice versa in the mens room. Don't you agree?

Why do you say "bigoted?" You think if a woman feels uncomfortable sharing her bathroom with a man means she is a bigot? I don't think you really know what that word means. Lol. The more you throw it out there, the less "impact" it really has. You know?
I said uneducated or bigoted... They either do not know or understand what or who these people are or they do understand and choose to discriminate or be intolerant to the group that they disagree with... That is the definition of a bigot.

I have stated many times that this is a very difficult issue and I understand arguments on both sides, so my above statement isn't absolute but does apply to many opposers that I've heard from. There are a few that understand the struggles of transgenders and are not intolerant, however, these individuals are few and far between.

No, none of those things makes a person a "bigot." Just because you don't want men in the ladies' room doesn't mean you are intolerant of those people in any other normal circumstance.

What isn't a "minority" in the minds of libtards these days. Literally, everything and anything is a "minority". Tennis shoes are a "minority" which have "rights".

OK, and where is your psychology degree from?

BTW, you may want to do some basic research on what a message board is since you post on one regularly ...

I'm not the one ascribing mental illness to people.

Actually you do that all the time, so where did you get your Psychology degree? It's your standard.

Oops, you don't have any degree ...

No, I ascribe mental illness to Trump voters. They aren't people.

Oh, and no, I don't have a degree. I joined the military instead of going to college. Don't regret it for a second.

Where were you headed? Harvard? Stanford? MIT?

The military. It's where I knew I wanted to go from about 8th grade.

You said you went there "instead" of college, you made it sound like you had the option. I stand corrected, you didn't

IF they are suicidal, they should be placed in a locked down facility, just like we do with anyone else who has suicidal or homicidal ideation. That is what they do with people who suffer from depression and other mental disorders. When they express feelings of suicide or homicide, they are placed in locked down psychiatric facilities for their own protection and the safety of society.

Just an FYI for those who have NO experience in the psychiatric field.

5 Levels of Care – Locked and Unlocked Psych Facilities

1. Acute Inpatient Psych – This is the highest level of care. When a patient is put on a 5150 for danger to others, danger to self, or gravely disabled, they are taken to a hospital for evaluation and treatment. Depending on their mental state, they may be there for more than 72 hours to ensure stabilization. Once they are stabilized, they are discharged to a lower level of care.
  2. Sub-Acute – A sub-acute level of care is a locked facility. It is one step below an acute setting. These individuals are on a conservatorship where someone else is calling the shots, which can be the Public Guardian (PG) or a family member. Their length of stay depends on their behavior. They must be med compliant, participate in group, and not require solitary confinement, or be a problem on the unit.
  3. An Institute for the Mentally Ill (IMD) – An IMD is also a locked facility for patients that are higher functioning than a sub-acute level, but still require a locked setting. Again, the PG or family member acts as the conservator, and the patients length of stay is determined by their mental stability and improvement.
  4. Enriched Board and Care – This is an open setting. Similar to a board and care, an enriched board and care is not locked. Patients have more liberties, and are not necessarily conserved. An enriched board and care is for higher functioning individuals that don’t require an IMD, but still need more intense treatment than a regular board and care.
  5. Regular Board and Care – This is an open setting. The patient is higher functioning than a patient at an enriched board and care, has more freedom and less intense treatment.

1. How does allowing a transgendered person to pee in peace, impact on other peoples' rights?

2. Once and for all, transgendered people are not whipping out their dicks in front of women and girls. They're not disrobing in public. They're just going in and using the bathroom, just like the rest of us.

1. What is "transgender"? I'm familiar with only men and women. For instance, I've never seen a "transgender" sign outside a bathroom. Only "men" or "women". Oh, and be very specific when you define what you mean by "transgender".

2. What happens when men playing pretend ("transgender") DO whip out their dicks in showers, dormitories and locker rooms in front of women? (this isn't just about rooms marked "women" with just toilets you know)

Also (bonus question) how do we identify "transgenders"? Do they have a badge or ID signed off by an MD? Or are they just self-diagnosed? And if self-diagnosed, how again do we tell them apart from imposters who just want to get in to creep on women and girls?
A transgender is somebody whose gender identity is that which is opposite of the sex on their birth certificate

They get arrested

Common sense. Transgenders look and live the lifestyle as the gender that they identify with. Creeps are creeps, it was either you or pops that made the case that Hate Crime legislature was all that was needed to protect transgenders. Well there are laws about harassment and abuse as well which are there to prevent and provide consequences for bathroom abusers.

There is and will be more real harm being caused to transgenders if they are forced to use the opposite bathroom as their identity. To see a "T-girl" or "T-boy" go into the opposite bathroom makes everybody feel uncomfortable and causes harassment. This can be reduced if Transgenders use the bathroom that they identify with, which many are already doing without significant incidents.

There is already abuse happening in bathrooms. Creepy men can sneak in and break the law, they can dress up right now and sneak in. I do not believe that these incidents will increase if Transgenders are allowed to use the restroom of their identity.

A transgender is somebody whose gender identity is that which is opposite of the sex on their birth certificate

They get arrested

Common sense. Transgenders look and live the lifestyle as the gender that they identify with. Creeps are creeps, it was either you or pops that made the case that Hate Crime legislature was all that was needed to protect transgenders. Well there are laws about harassment and abuse as well which are there to prevent and provide consequences for bathroom abusers.

There is and will be more real harm being caused to transgenders if they are forced to use the opposite bathroom as their identity. To see a "T-girl" or "T-boy" go into the opposite bathroom makes everybody feel uncomfortable and causes harassment. This can be reduced if Transgenders use the bathroom that they identify with, which many are already doing without significant incidents.

There is already abuse happening in bathrooms. Creepy men can sneak in and break the law, they can dress up right now and sneak in. I do not believe that these incidents will increase if Transgenders are allowed to use the restroom of their identity.

Yes, they get arrested, just as someone who assaults a transsexual in the men's room would be arrested. Your posts here are pointless, really. Your points and your "fears" about transsexuals being violated or assaulted are not more valid than mine about men being in the ladies' room.

They get arrested

No, I'm sorry but just because you "feel" like a woman doesn't make it so.

They get arrested

Why don't you explain to us what it "feels" like to "feel" like a man or a woman? I'd be interested in hearing that.

As I stated before, do you think these females who have fear of sharing bathrooms with men would feel comfortable seeing a Trans Man in their bathroom? You've seen the pictures of what they look like or perhaps have met one... Do you really think they belong in there?

Forum List

Back