Merged Kavanaugh/Ford OpinionComment threads for Oct 1

Website that archived Blasey Ford's high school yearbook disappears from Google-owned Blogspot

Now that the high school days of Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford are the most important issue facing Americans (according to the media, anyway), it is certainly odd that evidence of student norms at Blasey Ford's own alma mater is being "disappeared" from the web. First, the yearbook of Holton-Arms High School, the all-girls private academy she attended, was scrubbed from the web on September 17, 2018.

But that effort to withhold from the public pictures like this:

https://www.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2018-10/209434_5_.jpg

...was foiled by a website – one I had never before heard of – called "The Cult of the 1st Amendment," which archived the whole thing, making it available for study.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Sen. Graham: NBC Has 'Been a Co-conspirator in the Destruction of Kavanaugh....

CNSNews ^

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC), on Monday, ripped NBC for its coverage of the sexual misconduct claims against Brett Kavanaugh. In Interview with Hannity... “NBC, here’s the biggest offense to me, they’ve been a co-conspirator in the destruction of Kavanaugh, from my point of view,” Graham replied. Graham accused the network of running the piece solely because Kavanaugh was nominated to the Court by a Republican. “Do you think NBC would have done that if this had been a Democratic male nominee?” Graham said. “All I can say is that their journalistic integrity has been destroyed over this case.”

I think that Dr. Ford is grossly exaggerating any trauma caused by this incident. Seriously, what Malala Yousafzai has suffered thru makes Dr. Ford's 'trauma' look like a joke. She disgusts me. I really don't know if it happened or not, but even if it did she really disgusts me.

On the otherhand Kavanaugh's reaction has been both incredibly stupid AND probably a blatant lie. Can he be that sure that this incident from 36 years ago, during which he was extremely drunk didn't happen? Just because he doesn't have blackouts does not mean that he remembers everything.

If he was smart he would have said that he did not remember this incident, but that IF it did happen he was sorry and apologized to Dr. Ford. If he did that it could have just been written off as a juvenile incident.

His temper tantrum, his accusations of a broad Democratic conspiracy and his blanket denial that this incident absolutely did not happen show that he is not suitable to be on the Supreme court. It no longer matters if it did or did not happen anymore.

If it's found that Dr. Ford is blatantly lying. I hope she goes to prison. But that does change the fact that Kavanuagh is definitely not suited to be a Supreme court judge, or to be any judge at all.
so you know he was blatantly drunk? how?

Do you think that he attacked Dr. Ford when he was sober?

What makes you think he attacked her at all? His story is solid, hers are full of holes.

Last night on Laura she had sweathog’s boyfriend on. He was with her on and off for seven years. In that time, she never once mentioned being raped or witnessing any. He said she’s basically FOS.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Try following the thread before you reply.

It really doesn't matter if Dr. Ford was lying or not.

Kavanaugh has proven that he is unsuitable to be a Judge and that's all that matters.

Kavanaugh has proven that he is unsuitable to be a Judge and that's all that matters.

By that, you must agree there is no reason to investigate and make it take any longer than necessary.

By that, you must agree there is no reason to investigate and make it take any longer than necessary.

If the Republicans had any integrity, any further investigation would be moot. They would vote down Kavanaugh's appointment based on what is already known.

Unfortunately, the Republicans have no integrity at all, so I expect that all but a few will vote to confirm Kavanaugh no matter what any investigation may find.

Most probably, the few Republicans that do have some integrity will be enough to defeat his nomination.

The real fallout from the investigation will be to further prove to the American people that the vast majority of Senate Republicans are a bunch of spineless weenies that have no integrity whatsoever. They will pay for it at the polls this November!

Americans hate spineless weenies!

If the Republicans had any integrity, any further investigation would be moot. They would vote down Kavanaugh's appointment based on what is already known.

Unfortunately, the Republicans have no integrity at all, so I expect that all but a few will vote to confirm Kavanaugh no matter what any investigation may find.

Most probably, the few Republicans that do have some integrity will be enough to defeat his nomination.

The real fallout from the investigation will be to further prove to the American people that the vast majority of Senate Republicans are a bunch of spineless weenies that have no integrity whatsoever. They will pay for it at the polls this November!

I didn't ask you what you thought about Republicans, you stated that judge Kavanaugh has proven he is unfit for the position, which would mean you believe an investigation is unnecessary.

The credibility of her allegation against Judge Kavanaugh cannot be accurately assessed without access to her therapy and psychiatric history in general,
Your subjective opinion carries no legal weight and violates a multitude of citizen rights.

Since Ms. Ford turned over part of her medical history to "prove" that she had suffered from trauma resulting from a sexual assault it would seem to me that once you divulge a part of your medical history to the media you've pretty much given away your "right" to privacy with that medical history, Camp!

If you REALLY want to get to the bottom of the problem of two people swearing they are telling the truth yet their stories don't match up at all...it would seem to me that one plausible explanation for that is one of the people believes their story even if their memory is faulty or has been "enhanced" by a therapist. Am I the only one who felt like Ford looked and sounded like she was drugged to the max?

I think that Dr. Ford is grossly exaggerating any trauma caused by this incident. Seriously, what Malala Yousafzai has suffered thru makes Dr. Ford's 'trauma' look like a joke. She disgusts me. I really don't know if it happened or not, but even if it did she really disgusts me.

On the otherhand Kavanaugh's reaction has been both incredibly stupid AND probably a blatant lie. Can he be that sure that this incident from 36 years ago, during which he was extremely drunk didn't happen? Just because he doesn't have blackouts does not mean that he remembers everything.

If he was smart he would have said that he did not remember this incident, but that IF it did happen he was sorry and apologized to Dr. Ford. If he did that it could have just been written off as a juvenile incident.

His temper tantrum, his accusations of a broad Democratic conspiracy and his blanket denial that this incident absolutely did not happen show that he is not suitable to be on the Supreme court. It no longer matters if it did or did not happen anymore.

If it's found that Dr. Ford is blatantly lying. I hope she goes to prison. But that does change the fact that Kavanuagh is definitely not suited to be a Supreme court judge, or to be any judge at all.

Excellent post. His bringing up the Clintons was wildly bizarre. He impeached himself then and there.
Whether it will matter to the GOP in the Senate? I seriously doubt it. The FBI investigation is not needed in the least; the tantrum he threw answered the question about his impartiality; if he ever had any to start with; its out he window.
I actually loved the Clinton reference and I say fk them just so you're clear my feelings about them. He was outstanding in his speech. Just like Clarence was.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with Ruth Ginsburg's rant than his. His was personal, something a leftist would never understand.

Judges are not supposed to be personal. They are supposed to be impartial.

He may have appealed to you on an emotional level, but judges aren't supposed to emotional - they're supposed to be logical and impartial.

I don't feel sorry for Judge Kavanaugh one bit - even if Dr. Ford is blatantly lying. Tens of thousands of people are falsely accused in our court system every year. Those people are required to behave with dignity or they are charged with contempt of court. Seeing a judge pitch a tantrum like Kavanaugh did is inexcusable!

He wasn’t a judge when he made his statement, he was the accused.

Where do you people get off at saying what kind of personality a judge is supposed to have? When did God die and leave you in charge? What a judge is supposed to do is determine what is law and what is not; what is constitutional and what is not. They are not there to provide you with entertainment.

Who else has his kind of record, his kind of experience?

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:doesn't matter if she's lying:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:hly fk can't make this up, under oath, doesn't matter if she lied. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:only in a leftist world does the sky not turn blue.

Excellent post. His bringing up the Clintons was wildly bizarre. He impeached himself then and there.
Whether it will matter to the GOP in the Senate? I seriously doubt it. The FBI investigation is not needed in the least; the tantrum he threw answered the question about his impartiality; if he ever had any to start with; its out he window.
I actually loved the Clinton reference and I say fk them just so you're clear my feelings about them. He was outstanding in his speech. Just like Clarence was.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with Ruth Ginsburg's rant than his. His was personal, something a leftist would never understand.

He may have appealed to you on an emotional level, but judges aren't supposed to emotional - they're supposed to be logical and impartial.

I don't feel sorry for Judge Kavanaugh one bit - even if Dr. Ford is blatantly lying. Tens of thousands of people are falsely accused in our court system every year. Those people are required to behave with dignity or they are charged with contempt of court. Seeing a judge pitch a tantrum like Kavanaugh did is inexcusable!

Where do you people get off at saying what kind of personality a judge is supposed to have? When did God die and leave you in charge? What a judge is supposed to do is determine what is law and what is not; what is constitutional and what is not. They are not there to provide you with entertainment.

Merrick Garland.

Which is exactly what they would be if they surrendered to democrat tactics.

Based on what is already known? What is already known about Kavanaugh?

We know plenty about Ford. For starters, she's an out and out liar. Secondly, she can't give one ounce of evidence that anything happened to her--especially by Kavanaugh or Judge. Every person she named that was supposed to be there said she's FOS.

Merrick Garland.
Derek Jeter

Just hope the Dems are prepared for what they have released the next time they try to get a nominee on the SC. Turning the SC into a political body is counter-Constitutional and will have long term consequences to our nation. Just look at all of the anger being thrown back and forth here over a choice, that in the best of times, should be uneventful and fairly boring.
Also hope, that Republicans give future nominees as much leeway and fairness as they are asking for in assessing Judge Kavanaugh and his suitability to be on the SC. Don’t think that will happen and we descend even further.
I could be wrong, but had he bit his tongue and remained fairly calm during the last hearing, I believe he’d already have been confirmed. No matter how good it feels to unleash emotions, I would hope he could have had a little bit of self-control. Another statement as to how far we’ve gone done this road of uncompromising vitriol; a nominee to the SC needs to consider political fall-out in order to be considered.
Maybe a third party called the Adults Part?

Just hope the Dems are prepared for what they have released the next time they try to get a nominee on the SC. Turning the SC into a political body is counter-Constitutional and will have long term consequences to our nation. Just look at all of the anger being thrown back and forth here over a choice, that in the best of times, should be uneventful and fairly boring.
Also hope, that Republicans give future nominees as much leeway and fairness as they are asking for in assessing Judge Kavanaugh and his suitability to be on the SC. Don’t think that will happen and we descend even further.
I could be wrong, but had he bit his tongue and remained fairly calm during the last hearing, I believe he’d already have been confirmed. No matter how good it feels to unleash emotions, I would hope he could have had a little bit of self-control. Another statement as to how far we’ve gone done this road of uncompromising vitriol; a nominee to the SC needs to consider political fall-out in order to be considered.
it doesn't work that way always. see every dem is connected at their private parts. everytime someone says something they all bark like the fking dogs they are. There is no flake, or mccain in the dem party. it is what is different. stay connected to privates. someone might squeeze some day. ouch!!!;)

it doesn't work that way always. see every dem is connected at their private parts. everytime someone says something they all bark like the fking dogs they are. There is no flake, or mccain in the dem party. it is what is different. stay connected to privates. someone might squeeze some day. ouch!!!;)
Fair point, as to Dems pushing leftward, but in all fairness this modern manifestation of radicalization began with the Gingrich Revolution and has steadily spiraled downward toward the abyss ever since. Do you remember how Reagan led? He never threatened or bullied or told anyone they were stupid. He said he “disagreed”. He didn’t even question the motivations of the Soviet Union, instead he said if you believe what you claim to believe “Tear down this wall”. I believe we can have deep disagreements and still work together toward a common future. Socialism is impractical and white nationalism is anti-democratic, yet both should be able to express their views without being threatened, insulted or attacked. The point here I think we as a nation are missing, is that our political process is devolving and there is plenty of blame for all of us.

Forum List

Back