🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Merged Obama's Background

oh...governors of border states.... yeah...that is a real resume builder.

John Baldacci, governor of Maine.... ergo: foreign policy stud!

LOL

Have you bothered to read Osama's book, Dreams of My Father, by the way?

yea like fending off canucks is a claim to fame

oh...governors of border states.... yeah...that is a real resume builder.

John Baldacci, governor of Maine.... ergo: foreign policy stud!

LOL

Have you bothered to read Osama's book, Dreams of My Father, by the way?

It comes in handy when I run low on toilet paper

This little upstart should have listened to the warning from Chris Matthews

Hillary Opponents Beware: Oppo Research Underway
Posted by Mark Finkelstein on January 22, 2007 - 17:46.
Having hit Chris Matthews hard here in recent weeks, let's give him credit for flashing some real reporter's instincts in going after Hillary aide Howard Wolfson on this afternoon's Hardball on the issue of whether the campaign is conducting opposition research on its Dem rivals.

And while Wolfson wouldn't flatly admit it, by the end of the interview there was little doubt that Hillary's campaign is actively digging for dirt on its Dem opponents.

Matthews: "Let me ask you about opposition research. Is that part of your campaign: checking out other candidates's possible flaws in their resumes? Are you guys going to engage in that kind of politics to win the nomination?"

When Wolfson gave an evasive answer to the effect he and Hillary believe she can win by focusing on her record, Matthews persisted:

"Is anyone in the campaign tasked with opposition research? Right now, right now as we speak, has anyone been given the job of digging up information about the other Democratic candidates? Do you have people on your team who are looking at the other candidates for their records, for their past practices, possible weaknesses in their resume? Are you doing that kind of work in your campaign or not? - it's a simple question."

Wolfson again dodged the question, saying they're "not going to get Swift-Boated," they would respond aggressively to any attacks by other candidates, and that they would have the means to do that.

Matthews: "So you have begun the effort to of digging up information."

Wolfson: "I didn't say that."

Matthews: "I'm asking you: have you or have you not?"

Wolfson ultimately chose to stone-wall: "I'm not going to get into the campaign tactics."

Matthews was relentless: "You won't answer the question as to whether you have an opposition research capability at this point. You won't answer the question."

Wolfson: "I'm telling you the kind of campaign we're going to run."

One parting shot from Chris: "OK, but you haven't answered that question."

By the way, that's a very wry smile on Chris' face: at the end of the interview he collapsed in laughter at Wolfson's intransigence.

Early Christmas Gift Idea for Chris: The Blue Book of Grammar. At the end of the segment, Chris invited viewers to "join Keith Olbermann and me" for a preview of the State of the Union. Chris then "corrected" himself, saying he knows it should be "Keith Olbermann and I." You had it right the first time, Chris.
http://newsbusters.org/node/10308

With this family background it's not surprising he would try to hide it.

However the article gets interresting at the bottom where they interviewed former classmates and they disagree with the racism claims that Obama made in his book.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=431908&in_page_id=1770

Yet an investigation by The Mail on Sunday has revealed that, for all Mr Obama's reputation for straight talking and the compelling narrative of his recollections, they are largely myth.

We have discovered that his father was not just a deeply flawed individual but an abusive bigamist and an egomaniac, whose life was ruined not by racism or corruption but his own weaknesses.

His mother, Ann, decided that he should get an American education and sent him back from Indonesia to Hawaii, where he was admitted to a £7,000-a-year prep school, Punahau Academy, and lived with his maternal grandparents.

And while there, says Mr Obama, he was tortured by fellow pupils - who let out monkey hoots - and turned into a disenchanted teenage rebel, experimenting with cocaine and marijua

One of his former classmates, Alan Lum, said: "Hawaii is such a melting pot that it didn't occur to me when we were growing up that he might have problems about being one of the few African-Americans at the school. Us kids didn't see colour. He was easy-going and well-liked."

Lon Wysard, who also attended the academy, said the budding politician was in fact idolised for his keen sportsmanship.

"He was the star basketball player and always had a ball in his hand wherever he was," Wysard recalled.

Mr Obama was later admitted to read politics and international relations at New York's prestigious Columbia University where, his book claims, "no matter how many times the administration tried to paint them over, the walls remained scratched with blunt correspondence (about) *******."

But one of his classmates, Joe Zwicker, 45, now a lawyer in Boston, said yesterday: "That surprises me. Columbia was a pretty tolerant place. There were African American students in my classes and I never saw any evidence of racism at all."

Family members and acquaintances believe that the real cloud over Mr Obama's life has been the discovery that his father was far from the romantic figure that his mother tried to portray.

It comes in handy when I run low on toilet paper

This little upstart should have listened to the warning from Chris Matthews

Hillary Opponents Beware: Oppo Research Underway
Posted by Mark Finkelstein on January 22, 2007 - 17:46.
Having hit Chris Matthews hard here in recent weeks, let's give him credit for flashing some real reporter's instincts in going after Hillary aide Howard Wolfson on this afternoon's Hardball on the issue of whether the campaign is conducting opposition research on its Dem rivals.

And while Wolfson wouldn't flatly admit it, by the end of the interview there was little doubt that Hillary's campaign is actively digging for dirt on its Dem opponents.

Matthews: "Let me ask you about opposition research. Is that part of your campaign: checking out other candidates's possible flaws in their resumes? Are you guys going to engage in that kind of politics to win the nomination?"

When Wolfson gave an evasive answer to the effect he and Hillary believe she can win by focusing on her record, Matthews persisted:

"Is anyone in the campaign tasked with opposition research? Right now, right now as we speak, has anyone been given the job of digging up information about the other Democratic candidates? Do you have people on your team who are looking at the other candidates for their records, for their past practices, possible weaknesses in their resume? Are you doing that kind of work in your campaign or not? - it's a simple question."

Wolfson again dodged the question, saying they're "not going to get Swift-Boated," they would respond aggressively to any attacks by other candidates, and that they would have the means to do that.

Matthews: "So you have begun the effort to of digging up information."

Wolfson: "I didn't say that."

Matthews: "I'm asking you: have you or have you not?"

Wolfson ultimately chose to stone-wall: "I'm not going to get into the campaign tactics."

Matthews was relentless: "You won't answer the question as to whether you have an opposition research capability at this point. You won't answer the question."

Wolfson: "I'm telling you the kind of campaign we're going to run."

One parting shot from Chris: "OK, but you haven't answered that question."

By the way, that's a very wry smile on Chris' face: at the end of the interview he collapsed in laughter at Wolfson's intransigence.

Early Christmas Gift Idea for Chris: The Blue Book of Grammar. At the end of the segment, Chris invited viewers to "join Keith Olbermann and me" for a preview of the State of the Union. Chris then "corrected" himself, saying he knows it should be "Keith Olbermann and I." You had it right the first time, Chris.
http://newsbusters.org/node/10308

so I gather that you have NOT read Obama's book, yet claim to be an expert on him...and it would also appear that original content from you is limited to "cute" one liners and the rest is cut and paste? Have I got that right?

so I gather that you have NOT read Obama's book, yet claim to be an expert on him...and it would also appear that original content from you is limited to "cute" one liners and the rest is cut and paste? Have I got that right?

write a book get elected president....you flamin again or telling the truth this time?

Not an expert. I know he is a liberal, who wants higher taxes, to cut and run from Iraq, disband what the government is doing to track terrorists, more government regulation, and is for government run healthcare

That is more then enough for me to be opposed to him

Any questions?

His book was unsubstaintiated fluff, just like the author.

Check out that other thread. Here, they're claiming that one can't have an opinion on Obama if they've never read a book. Too bad that don't take their own advice. You know, this:

Indeed, we must see through the mudslinging and rhetoric to come , not to mention that which has already started. Unless Clinton and Obama, or any other candidate whether Democrat or Republican, can articulate a clear, coherent, pragmatic and practical vision for America, and its place in the world, they will wind up as little more than foot-notes in history. As will America if the current administration continues on its present course.

was probably his best response in this thread of all, and his response is STILL pretentionious and pseudo-intellectual. Replacing "articulate" with "apply" and that MIGHT make some sense.

I know he is a lightweight. Like most of the libs who have declared, he will fold up like a cheap suit when the pressure comes

Of course, the libs will play the race card as soon as he is asked one hard question

Like Hillary, the libs will attack anyone who dares to call them on their past, what they believe, or what they will do to America if elected

Look how the left is defending John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry for his anti America comment yesterday

And they still whine for the "Fairness Doctrine" like a two-year-old for a cookie. That one in particular sure ran like hell from the mention of the word "Rathergate". Show me his school records being forged by the blogger, if they existed, the MSM would be all over it.

They've got to get a "reality check", the good old days are gone forever. They still have the collusion with the MSM, but they're not going to be able to control all the information anymore, and the left's full of other bullies and control freaks.

It will be interesting to see if the liberal media stays with Obama if he falls. Remember how Howie Dean McGovern was the liberal media darling until his election loss and scream?

Of course the next thing libs will bellow is how if you do not support Obama you are a racist. After all, the ONLY reason not to vote for a black lib is, well, racism.

write a book get elected president....you flamin again or telling the truth this time?

I have read the book. It was a great read. I highly recommend it. His background is pretty well laid out from earliest memories on through to the time he entered law school. I think it would behoove republicans who are prone to criticizing Obama to make the effort to become informed on the subject matter.

I have read the book. It was a great read. I highly recommend it. His background is pretty well laid out from earliest memories on through to the time he entered law school. I think it would behoove republicans who are prone to criticizing Obama to make the effort to become informed on the subject matter.

So do you take all autobiographies from those planning on political career from college at face value?

So do you take all autobiographies from those planning on political career from college at face value?

why must you be so confrontational all the damned time? Where did I EVER say I took anything at face value, teach?

have YOU read the book? yes or no?

why must you be so confrontational all the damned time? Where did I EVER say I took anything at face value, teach?

have YOU read the book? yes or no?

Only excerpts. Living in Chicago area, I've read quite a bit by him and about him. I wouldn't be so 'confrontational' if you would be more discriminating in praise for the book. Even the reviewers that gave it kudos, acknowledged his skimming over areas and self-serving reporting.

Only excerpts. Living in Chicago area, I've read quite a bit by him and about him. I wouldn't be so 'confrontational' if you would be more discriminating in praise for the book. Even the reviewers that gave it kudos, acknowledged his skimming over areas and self-serving reporting.

I loved the book. It resonated with me...much like his DNC '04 speech resonated with me. I am a native of Illinois...my father went to see Obama at a VFW Hall in East Moline and said that he was the most impressive man he had heard speak in decades, and my father is a former Illinois legislator back in the time when Adlai Stevenson was governor.... I think he is the real deal. I feel like he may very well be our first black president...if not in '08 then somewhere down the line.

And I have no intention of finding fault with a book I truly enjoyed just to pass muster with a republican.

I loved the book. It resonated with me...much like his DNC '04 speech resonated with me. I am a native of Illinois...my father went to see Obama at a VFW Hall in East Moline and said that he was the most impressive man he had heard speak in decades, and my father is a former Illinois legislator back in the time when Adlai Stevenson was governor.... I think he is the real deal. I feel like he may very well be our first black president...if not in '08 then somewhere down the line.

And I have no intention of finding fault with a book I truly enjoyed just to pass muster with a republican.
I'll not rehash, there is a difference between 'fault finding' and acknowledging bias. You didn't, which is your right-as partisan. Then again, don't call me 'confrontational' when I do the same. :eusa_think:

I'll not rehash, there is a difference between 'fault finding' and acknowledging bias. You didn't, which is your right-as partisan. Then again, don't call me 'confrontational' when I do the same. :eusa_think:
he is a democrat and it is a book about his own life. Do I really need to acknowledge that there is an inherent bias not only toward his own life, but to his party?

And again...I said I liked the book...I never said anything about taking the entire thing at "face value".

Forum List

Back