Merrick Garland to appeal court ruling for Special Master.

Gestapoland really doesn’t want a neutral person to look at these docs. I wonder why
All that special master fiasco won't mean shit in the end. Pay attention to the faltering case by Trump. His lawyers already revealed that they were not going to say if the documents were de-classified by Trump tomorrow. And on top of that, Eric Hershmann will be the one putting Trump in jail, because he is the witness who told Trump to return the documents when Trump left office and he didn't do it. The case against Trump is as big as it has ever been.

Judge Cannon was making it up as she went along. It's not our legal system I have a problem with. It's judges going off feels rather than law.

Either way, the appeal is smart. The DoJ doesn't say they want to avoid a special master. The special master can go over all the non-classified documents. The DoJ doesn't give a shit about that. They want to investigate the handling of classified information. There is no logical way Trump can claim executive privilege or ownership of the classified documents so there's no rational reason the special master would have to review them anyway.

Wrong.
Since presidents have total arbitrary power over all classified docs, then they can grant themselves all the copies they want to keep after they no longer are in office.
The only thing ex-presidents can not do is violate FOIA by destroying originals.

Read the laws.
Presidents do not have to "declassify" docs, since they are above the laws on classified docs, can ignore the law on classified docs, and can do anything at all they want with classified docs.

{...

Security Clearances and Presidential Authority​

By Steven Aftergood • November 18, 2016

“Security clearances are not mandated for the President, Vice President, Members of Congress, Supreme Court Justices, or other constitutional officers,” a recent Congressional Research Service report explains. “The criteria for election or appointment to these positions are specified in the U.S. Constitution, and except by constitutional amendment, no additional criteria (e.g., holding a security clearance) may be required.”
In fact, the security clearance system itself is an expression of presidential authority. Its scope and operation are defined in an executive order (EO 12968), and its terms can be modified by the President at will.
And if the President wished to grant access to classified information to a family member, for example, there would be no legal barrier to doing so. See “Trump Will Have Wide Latitude to Let Family Into Government’s Secret Circles” by Mark Landler, New York Times, November 16.
...}
Trump said he de-classified them. Trump took them home illegally. That's a federal crime. And now his lawyers won't say either way tomorrow. Then we have a witness in Eric Hershmann telling Trump that holding onto these documents is a crime. Trump ignored that advise.

Wrong.
Since presidents have total arbitrary power over all classified docs, then they can grant themselves all the copies they want to keep after they no longer are in office.
The only thing ex-presidents can not do is violate FOIA by destroying originals.
On planet Jupiter perhaps. You are out of touch with reality. You need help.

Gestapoland really doesn’t want a neutral person to look at these docs. I wonder why
Team Trump has no business or authority to view these documents. An indictment is inevitable. I'm wondering who the cultists are going to shoot first, because Trump will be indicted?

Wrong.
Nixon was proven to have committed crimes first.
No such crimes have been proven about Trump.
Possession of classified docs is perfectly legal.
The only crime would if Trump were trying to remove docs that were required by the FOIA to be kept by NARA.
So far, there is zero evidence of a crime by anyone but the FBI.

And YES, former presidents still do have the right to claim "executive privilege", in that if aids can be compelled to tell all after the term in office is over, then they would be reluctant to speak freely while the term of the president was still valid.
Possession of classified documents at Trumps home is a federal crime. Seek help.

How about viewing classified documents that team Trump has no business viewing? Those aren't their documents. They belong to the government. Trump is a private thug and criminal. Everyone should be doubting your ability to obtain relevant information.
Prove it, liar.

Team Trump has no business or authority to view these documents. An indictment is inevitable. I'm wondering who the cultists are going to shoot first, because Trump will be indicted?
Prove it, liar.

Read the laws.
Presidents do not have to "declassify" docs, since they are above the laws on classified docs, can ignore the law on classified docs, and can do anything at all they want with classified docs.

{...

By Steven Aftergood • November 18, 2016

“Security clearances are not mandated for the President, Vice President, Members of Congress, Supreme Court Justices, or other constitutional officers,” a recent Congressional Research Service report explains. “The criteria for election or appointment to these positions are specified in the U.S. Constitution, and except by constitutional amendment, no additional criteria (e.g., holding a security clearance) may be required.”
In fact, the security clearance system itself is an expression of presidential authority. Its scope and operation are defined in an executive order (EO 12968), and its terms can be modified by the President at will.
And if the President wished to grant access to classified information to a family member, for example, there would be no legal barrier to doing so. See “Trump Will Have Wide Latitude to Let Family Into Government’s Secret Circles” by Mark Landler, New York Times, November 16.
...}

He's not president you idiot. Are you menatally well? Seriously?

Triple irony.
Eric Hirschman told your guy he was breaking the law if he took top secret documents home with him. Trump KNEW he was breaking the law. Now CLOWN, remember these two words:

TICK TOCK.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
Prove it, liar.
I already have. Posted the law dozens of times. The wash and repeat tactic won't work any more. And, I don't care what you believe. As a matter of fact, your denials are working in the plaintiffs favor.

Breaking news, Trumps lawyers refuse to answer whether Trump de-classified documents. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: That SOB is going to be indicted.

Eric Hershmann told Trump to return those documents before he left office, and he didn't do it.
Prove it, liar.

I already have. Posted the law dozens of times. The wash and repeat tactic won't work any more. And, I don't care what you believe. As a matter of fact, your denials are working in the plaintiffs favor.
No, you haven’t.

Back to the drawing board for you, Simp.

Forum List

Back