Mexico mayor assassinated one day after taking office

Focus.

THe lib Myth of the Southern Strategy claims that in one very important regard that the Party HAS NOT CHANGED.

If you are going to back up your claim that I am wrong, you need to demonstrate a long standing policy of pandering to Racists White Southerns.

You've been doing it since 1964, when Barry "Deep Down you KNow he's Nuts" Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and won five Southern States.

Then Nixon pandered to the racists in the Southern Strategy trying to pick up the Wallace votes.

Finally, Reagan talked about Welfare Queens and Young Bucks and Bush-41 showed us scary pictures of "Willie Horton" who never called himself Willie.

Goldwater was a life long supporter of Civil Rights who had concerns with that one Act.

And again you state, quite strongly that Nixon "pandered to racist in the Southern Strategy" but you don't say how.

Reagan? He mentioned Welfare Queen once. And Willie Horton was a scary fucker. Who Dukakis let out to rape and stab people.

The truth about Reagan and the actual Welfare Queen…….

The Real Story of Linda Taylor, America’s Original Welfare Queen

Her name was Linda Taylor, and it was the Chicago Tribune, not the GOP politician, who dubbed her the “welfare queen.” It was the Tribune, too, that lavished attention on Taylor’s jewelry, furs, and Cadillac—all of which were real.

As of 1976, Taylor had yet to be convicted of anything. She was facing charges that she’d bilked the government out of $8,000 using four aliases. When the welfare queen stood trial the next year, reporters packed the courtroom. Rather than try to win sympathy, Taylor seemed to enjoy playing the scofflaw. As witnesses described her brazen pilfering from public coffers, she remained impassive, an unrepentant defendant bedecked in expensive clothes and oversize hats.

Linda Taylor, the haughty thief who drove her Cadillac to the public aid office, was the embodiment of a pernicious stereotype. With her story, Reagan marked millions of America’s poorest people as potential scoundrels and fostered the belief that welfare fraud was a nationwide epidemic that needed to be stamped out. This image of grand and rampant welfare fraud allowed Reagan to sell voters on his cuts to public assistance spending. The “welfare queen” became a convenient villain, a woman everyone could hate. She was a lazy black con artist, unashamed of cadging the money that honest folks worked so hard to earn.

The internet is just ruining your ability to lie…

who was the Welfare Queen

When I set out in search of Linda Taylor, I hoped to find the real story of the woman who played such an outsize role in American politics—who she was, where she came from, and what her life was like before and after she became the national symbol of unearned prosperity.

What I found was a woman who destroyed lives, someone far more depraved than even Ronald Reagan could have imagined.

In the 1970s alone, Taylor was investigated for homicide, kidnapping, and baby trafficking. The detective who tried desperately to put her away believes she’s responsible for one of Chicago’s most legendary crimes, one that remains unsolved to this day. Welfare fraud was likely the least of the welfare queen’s offenses.

For those who knew her decades ago, Linda Taylor was a terrifying figure. On multiple occasions, I had potential sources tell me they didn’t think I was really a journalist. Maybe I was a cop. Maybe I was trying to kill them. As Lamar Jones tells me about his brief marriage to the welfare queen, he keeps asking how I’ve found him, and why I want to know all of these personal details. If I’m in cahoots with Linda, as he suspects I might be, he assures me that I won’t be able to find him again. He’s just going to disappear.

And another link showing the Southern Strategy was a democrat lie....

Red state article on Southern strategy myth…..detailed….good look

Red State? Seriously?

Look, man, if you want to unwind the last 50 years of your racism, maybe you can start by not trying to snatch food out of the mouths of poor black children and not kneejerk support every thug cop who shoots an unarmed black child.

But don't try to pull the "Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes" trick. Because that never works.

The democrats murdered blacks, instituted poll taxes and literacy tests and fought every single piece of Civil Rights legislation….the democrat party is the home of all racism in the United States…every major core group of the democrat party is openly and proudly racist as are it's current leaders.
It is ironic that the one political party with the largest and longest history of racism, is the party calling everyone else racists.

If the Confederate flag must go, why not the D party too?

Sorry if you don't like the source

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0821c.html

FACT SHEET:

Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Bush Campaign Used Code Words to Question McCain’s Temper.
“A smear campaign of the ugliest sort is now coursing through the contest for the presidency in 2000. Using the code word "temper," a group of Senate Republicans, and at least some outriders of the George W. Bush campaign, are spreading the word that John McCain is unstable. The subtext, also suggested in this whispering campaign, is that he returned from 5 1/2 years as a POW in North Vietnam with a loose screw. And it is bruited about that he shouldn't be entrusted with nuclear weapons.”

Bush Supporters Questioned McCain’s Sanity.
“Some of George W. Bush's supporters have questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's fitness for the White House, suggesting that his five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam drove him insane at the time.”

Bush Supporters Spread Racist Rumors About McCain’s Daughter.
Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter.”

Rove Suggests Former POW McCain Committed Treason and Fathered Child With Black Prostitute.
In 2000, McCain operatives in SC accused Rove of spreading rumors against McCain, such as “suggestions that McCain had committed treason while a prisoner of war, and had fathered a child by a black prostitute,” according to the New Yorker.

After Rove Denied Role In McCain Whisper Campaign, Reporters Concluded He Was Behind It.
A December 1999 Dallas Morning News linked Rove to a series of campaign dirty tricks, including his College Republican efforts, allegedly starting a whisper campaign about Ann Richard being too gay-friendly, spreading stories about Jim Hightower’s involvement in a kickback scheme and leaking the educational history of Lena Guerrero. The article also outlined current dirty tricks and whisper campaigns against McCain in South Carolina, including that “McCain may be unstable as a result of being tortured while a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.” (DMN, 12/2/99) After the article was published, Rove blasted Slater in the Manchester, NH airport, “nose to nose” according to one witness, with Rove claiming Slater had “harmed his reputation,” Slater later noted. But according to one witness, “What was interesting then is that everyone on the campaign charter concluded that Rove was responsible for rumors about McCain.”

Rove Was In Close Touch With McConnell, McCain-Feingold’s Chief Opponent.
Senior White House adviser Karl Rove was in close contact with Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) during McConnell’s effort to fight the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill in the U.S. Senate. According to Newsweek, though Rove and Bush have publicly kept their distance from McConnell on the issue, “sources tell Newsweek that Rove is, in fact, in close touch with McConnell as GOP experts study the bill for hidden land mines.”

Bush Campaign Accused of Using Push Polls Against McCain.
College of Charleston student Suzette Latsko said she received a telephone call from a woman who identified herself as an employee of Voter/Consumer Research, and that the caller misrepresented McCain’s positions and asked if Latsko knew McCain had been reprimanded for interfering with federal regulators in the savings and loan scandal. Voter/Consumer Research is listed as a polling contractor on Bush’s Federal Election Commission filings; the Bush campaign has paid Voter/Consumer Research $93,000 through December 31, 1999. Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer denied the call was a push poll, but said it was important that the Republican Party remember McCain’s role in the S&L crisis.

Bush Campaign Acknowledged Making Phone Calls.
Tucker Eskew, Bush’s South Carolina spokesman, acknowledged the Bush campaign made such calls, but claimed they were not “push polls.” Eskew added, “Show me a baseless comment in those questions.”

Bush Used Fringe Veterans Group to Attack McCain as “Manchurian Candidate.”
“In the case of Ted Sampley, the same guy who did Bush's dirty work in going after Sen. John McCain in the 2000 Republican primaries is doing the job against Kerry this year. Sampley dared compare McCain, who spent five years as a Vietnam POW, with ‘the Manchurian Candidate.’”

Sampley Called McCain a “Coward” and a Traitor.
“Sampley… accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

A mix of unproven accusations mixed with filler. Push Polls? REally? THat is crappy.

That is not the Southern Strategy.

What policies of Bush's was aimed at pandering to White Racists, specifically in the South?
In 2005,Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

Are you calling the head of the RNC a liar?

I asked you what policies of Bush were aimed at pandering to White Racists, specifically in the South.

You cite me an RNC chairman who states that the GOP "exploited racial polarization to win elections and ignored the black vote".

He didn't say how we supposedly did that either. Did you notice that?

And we have repeatedly tried to win some of the black vote. We just fail miserably. That is not ignoring it.

Actually, I remember Bush used gays to win over Christian black votes. Today those blacks are ashamed they were duped.

The RNC admitted they employed the southern strategy. You want more proof? Seems no amount of proof will do it for you. You've made up your mind. Now go play with someone else.

Sorry if you don't like the source

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0821c.html

FACT SHEET:

Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Bush Campaign Used Code Words to Question McCain’s Temper.
“A smear campaign of the ugliest sort is now coursing through the contest for the presidency in 2000. Using the code word "temper," a group of Senate Republicans, and at least some outriders of the George W. Bush campaign, are spreading the word that John McCain is unstable. The subtext, also suggested in this whispering campaign, is that he returned from 5 1/2 years as a POW in North Vietnam with a loose screw. And it is bruited about that he shouldn't be entrusted with nuclear weapons.”

Bush Supporters Questioned McCain’s Sanity.
“Some of George W. Bush's supporters have questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's fitness for the White House, suggesting that his five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam drove him insane at the time.”

Bush Supporters Spread Racist Rumors About McCain’s Daughter.
Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter.”

Rove Suggests Former POW McCain Committed Treason and Fathered Child With Black Prostitute.
In 2000, McCain operatives in SC accused Rove of spreading rumors against McCain, such as “suggestions that McCain had committed treason while a prisoner of war, and had fathered a child by a black prostitute,” according to the New Yorker.

After Rove Denied Role In McCain Whisper Campaign, Reporters Concluded He Was Behind It.
A December 1999 Dallas Morning News linked Rove to a series of campaign dirty tricks, including his College Republican efforts, allegedly starting a whisper campaign about Ann Richard being too gay-friendly, spreading stories about Jim Hightower’s involvement in a kickback scheme and leaking the educational history of Lena Guerrero. The article also outlined current dirty tricks and whisper campaigns against McCain in South Carolina, including that “McCain may be unstable as a result of being tortured while a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.” (DMN, 12/2/99) After the article was published, Rove blasted Slater in the Manchester, NH airport, “nose to nose” according to one witness, with Rove claiming Slater had “harmed his reputation,” Slater later noted. But according to one witness, “What was interesting then is that everyone on the campaign charter concluded that Rove was responsible for rumors about McCain.”

Rove Was In Close Touch With McConnell, McCain-Feingold’s Chief Opponent.
Senior White House adviser Karl Rove was in close contact with Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) during McConnell’s effort to fight the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill in the U.S. Senate. According to Newsweek, though Rove and Bush have publicly kept their distance from McConnell on the issue, “sources tell Newsweek that Rove is, in fact, in close touch with McConnell as GOP experts study the bill for hidden land mines.”

Bush Campaign Accused of Using Push Polls Against McCain.
College of Charleston student Suzette Latsko said she received a telephone call from a woman who identified herself as an employee of Voter/Consumer Research, and that the caller misrepresented McCain’s positions and asked if Latsko knew McCain had been reprimanded for interfering with federal regulators in the savings and loan scandal. Voter/Consumer Research is listed as a polling contractor on Bush’s Federal Election Commission filings; the Bush campaign has paid Voter/Consumer Research $93,000 through December 31, 1999. Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer denied the call was a push poll, but said it was important that the Republican Party remember McCain’s role in the S&L crisis.

Bush Campaign Acknowledged Making Phone Calls.
Tucker Eskew, Bush’s South Carolina spokesman, acknowledged the Bush campaign made such calls, but claimed they were not “push polls.” Eskew added, “Show me a baseless comment in those questions.”

Bush Used Fringe Veterans Group to Attack McCain as “Manchurian Candidate.”
“In the case of Ted Sampley, the same guy who did Bush's dirty work in going after Sen. John McCain in the 2000 Republican primaries is doing the job against Kerry this year. Sampley dared compare McCain, who spent five years as a Vietnam POW, with ‘the Manchurian Candidate.’”

Sampley Called McCain a “Coward” and a Traitor.
“Sampley… accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

A mix of unproven accusations mixed with filler. Push Polls? REally? THat is crappy.

That is not the Southern Strategy.

What policies of Bush's was aimed at pandering to White Racists, specifically in the South?
In 2005,Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

Are you calling the head of the RNC a liar?

I asked you what policies of Bush were aimed at pandering to White Racists, specifically in the South.

You cite me an RNC chairman who states that the GOP "exploited racial polarization to win elections and ignored the black vote".

He didn't say how we supposedly did that either. Did you notice that?

And we have repeatedly tried to win some of the black vote. We just fail miserably. That is not ignoring it.

Actually, I remember Bush used gays to win over Christian black votes. Today those blacks are ashamed they were duped.

The RNC admitted they employed the southern strategy. You want more proof? Seems no amount of proof will do it for you. You've made up your mind. Now go play with someone else.

Look what just happened there.

I pointed out that Ken Mehlman was wrong, in that the Republicans have tried to win over black votes.

You immediately agreed and mentioned a specific policy that Bush used to attempt to do so.

If I challenged you to prove it, it would take you minutes to link to the Bush Platforms and policies against Gay Marriage, and to quotes of him or his people speaking to black voters on that subject. And no mention of Code Words or Dog Whistles here, real policy against Gay Marriage.

But, I have asked you to do the same for the Southern Strategy and you have been unable to say what racist policies were used by Nixon and every republican since to appeal to these alleged racists.

Oh, and note that we have already agreed that Mehlman was wrong on half of what he was apologizing for, ie ignoring the black vote.

Mexico governor takes over local police...

Mexico mayor shooting: Morelos governor takes over local police
Mon, 04 Jan 2016 - The governor of Mexico's Morelos state, Graco Ramirez, has taken command of police services in 15 towns and cities following the murder of a newly-elected mayor on Saturday. "The government will not be intimidated by organised crime," he said.
The mayor, Gisele Mota, was shot dead at her home less than 24 hours after taking office in the town of Temixco.She promised to try to clean up the city, where problems associated with drugs and organised crime are rife. Her murder "is a message and a clear threat for the mayors who recently took office to not accept the police coordination scheme that we have supported and that is being built at a national level," said Mr Graco. Ms Mota, a left-of-centre former federal congresswoman, was shot dead on Saturday morning. Police shot two of the attackers and arrested two others. Several Mexican mayors were killed last year by alleged drug traffickers.

_87466783_87466782.jpg

Mexican soldiers guarded the area where the mayor was killed​

'Single command'

Ms Mota was one of many politicians backing the governor's proposals to remove powers from local police. Temixco, 85km (52 miles) south of the capital Mexico City, is one of the cities included in the "single command" scheme. Police will also come under the control of the state authorities in the capital, Cuernavaca, and 13 other municipalities. But many of Morelos's politicians oppose the scheme.

_87466785_030768047-1.jpg

Hundreds of people attended the mayor's funeral on Sunday in Temixco​

About half of the state's mayors have refused to sign up and will remain in full control of their local police forces. Drug trafficking and extortion gangs have turned Morelos into one of Mexico's most violent states. Rival cartels control drug trafficking and extortion rings in different towns, and frequently fight with each other. Local police forces are often infiltrated by the gangs.

Mexico mayor shooting: Morelos governor takes over local police - BBC News

Goldwater was a life long supporter of Civil Rights who had concerns with that one Act.

And again you state, quite strongly that Nixon "pandered to racist in the Southern Strategy" but you don't say how.

Reagan? He mentioned Welfare Queen once. And Willie Horton was a scary fucker. Who Dukakis let out to rape and stab people.

Goldwater opposed the most important Civil Rights Act in history. He got a whopping 6% of the black vote.

Birth of the Southern Strategy - Businessweek

When Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, he’s said to have predicted, “There goes the South for a generation.” He feared black suffrage would prompt white Southerners to abandon the Democratic Party. Under Richard Nixon, the GOP’s “Southern Strategy” aimed to ensure it by systematically making veiled (and often not-so-veiled) racist appeals to white voters. “From now on,” Nixon aide Kevin Phillips told him, “the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote, and they don’t need any more than that.”

Her name was Linda Taylor, and it was the Chicago Tribune, not the GOP politician, who dubbed her the “welfare queen.” It was the Tribune, too, that lavished attention on Taylor’s jewelry, furs, and Cadillac—all of which were real.

Why do you waste our time with this crap? It doesn't matter that there was ONE real person who scammed the system and got caught.

It was that Reagan used that term until it became a popular image. To where you say "Welfare Queen", and what immediately pops into your head is a black woman with four children by three different fathers driving a Cadillac.

When it's more likely to be a white single mom working a WalMart using food stamps.

Reagan used racism to drive a wedge between working folks while screwing them all. and the cocksucker did it with a smile.

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

So how could this have happened?

Could it be that murderers who go around shooting innocent people for their political beliefs, might (gasp) refuse to obey gun-restriction laws?

Maybe Mexico needs to consider some other course, rather than making laws restricting guns from people who obey laws.

And maybe the U.S. should take the hint, too.

--------------------------------------------

AFP
3 hours ago
Jan. 2, 2016

Cuernavaca (Mexico) (AFP) - Several gunmen burst into the home of a newly elected Mexican mayor and shot her dead on Saturday, just hours into her tenure, police said.

Gisela Mota, 33, a left-of-center former member of Congress, was gunned down barely 24 hours after taking her oath of office in the city of Temixco, which is about 90 kilometers (55 miles) from the capital Mexico City.

Temixco is plagued by organized crime and rampant drug trafficking -- problems the slain mayor had vowed to help clean up.

The government of central Morelos state said that two of the suspected gunmen had been killed and one was in custody.

State Governor Graco Ramirez pledged there would be "no impunity."

Morelos has been one of the Mexican states most affected by drug violence plaguing the country, including kidnappings and murders.

More than 100,000 people have been killed or gone missing in a nearly a decade of drug violence nationwide.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, who took office in December 2012, has pledged to reduce the murders, kidnappings and extortion haunting Mexicans.

and laws against murder don't keep there from being murders.

and laws against drug sales don't keep drugs from being sold.

yet you wouldn't say we shouldn't have laws.

stop whining...... especially when you're happy to impose regulations on people in their most private decisions.

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

Could it be that murderers who go around shooting innocent people for their political beliefs, might (gasp) refuse to obey gun-restriction laws?

Maybe Mexico needs to consider some other course, rather than making laws restricting guns from people who obey laws.

AFP
3 hours ago
Jan. 2, 2016

Cuernavaca (Mexico) (AFP) - Several gunmen burst into the home of a newly elected Mexican mayor and shot her dead on Saturday, just hours into her tenure, police said.

Gisela Mota, 33, a left-of-center former member of Congress, was gunned down barely 24 hours after taking her oath of office in the city of Temixco, which is about 90 kilometers (55 miles) from the capital Mexico City.

Temixco is plagued by organized crime and rampant drug trafficking -- problems the slain mayor had vowed to help clean up.

The government of central Morelos state said that two of the suspected gunmen had been killed and one was in custody.

Morelos has been one of the Mexican states most affected by drug violence plaguing the country, including kidnappings and murders.

More than 100,000 people have been killed or gone missing in a nearly a decade of drug violence nationwide.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, who took office in December 2012, has pledged to reduce the murders, kidnappings and extortion haunting Mexicans.

stop whining...... especially when you're happy to impose regulations on people in their most private decisions.

You know…you guys keep trotting out that dumb meme….

No…you are the nuts that are saying this stupid thing….

We say we have laws already….

If you use a gun to commit a crime, you get arrested…it is against the law…

If you are a felon and are simply caught with a gun, you get arrested…it is against the law

You guys want people to be denied a gun before they commit a crime…you are the ones with the dumb idea about how laws work, not us….

You are not prevented from committing murder, you are arrested when you commit the murder…..

You are not arrested before you sell illegal drugs, you are arrested after you sell illegal drugs…..

That is how laws work, and we want the actual laws against using guns to commit crimes enforced…obama has cut gun crime prosecutions by 33%…….

Goldwater opposed the most important Civil Rights Act in history. He got a whopping 6% of the black vote.

When Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, he’s said to have predicted, “There goes the South for a generation.” He feared black suffrage would prompt white Southerners to abandon the Democratic Party. Under Richard Nixon, the GOP’s “Southern Strategy” aimed to ensure it by systematically making veiled (and often not-so-veiled) racist appeals to white voters. “From now on,” Nixon aide Kevin Phillips told him, “the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote, and they don’t need any more than that.”

And of course you are wrong…

Nixon’s Southern Strategy: The Democrat-Lie Keeping Their Control Over the Black Community | Black Quill and Ink

Believe it or not, the entire myth was created by an unknown editor at the New York Times who didn’t do his job and read a story he was given to edit.

On May 17, 1970, the New York Times published an article written by James Boyd. The headline, written by our unknown editor, was “Nixon’s Southern Strategy: It’s All in the Charts.”

The article was about a very controversial political analyst named Kevin Phillips. Phillips believed that everyone voted according to their ethnic background, not according to their individual beliefs. And all a candidate had to do is frame their message according to whatever moves a particular ethnic group.

Phillips offered his services to the Nixon campaign. But if our unknown editor had bothered to read the story completely, he would’ve seen that Phillip’s and his theory was completely rejected!

Boyd wrote in his article, “Though Phillips’s ideas for an aggressive anti-liberal campaign strategy that would hasten defection of the working-class democrats to the republicans did not prevail in the 1968 campaign, he won the respect John Mitchell.” (Mitchell was a well-known Washington insider at the time).

A lazy, negligent editor partially read the story. And wrote a headline for it that attributed Nixon’s campaign success–to a plan he rejected.

In fact, Phillips isn’t even mentioned in Nixon’s memoirs.

Is all of this the result of a negligent copy editor at the New York Times? Or did they purposely work with the Democrat Party to create this myth? That has crossed my mind and it’s certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

YOur reply is not an example of Nixon pandering to SOuthern Racists, that does not boil down to "code word" bullshit.

You've got nothing.

Nixon's own people said he did EXACTLY that. but keep pretending that Southern Racists haven't found a home in the GOP.

Really? How did they say he did it? How did he flip a third of the country?

Got to be something big.

So, should be easy to identify.

SO far, no lib has been able to.

YOu could be the first.

Yes. Goldwater was a lifelong Civil Rights supporter who had concerns with that one Act.

Just like I said.

The fact that he lost the black vote because of that, does not change at all the fact that he was a life long supporter of Civil Rights who had concerns with that one Act.

Nixon "made racist appeals to white voters"?

And how did he do that?

Link doesn't say.

It isn't that odd?

Why do you waste our time with this crap? It doesn't matter that there was ONE real person who scammed the system and got caught.

It was that Reagan used that term until it became a popular image. To where you say "Welfare Queen", and what immediately pops into your head is a black woman with four children by three different fathers driving a Cadillac.

When it's more likely to be a white single mom working a WalMart using food stamps.

Reagan used racism to drive a wedge between working folks while screwing them all. and the cocksucker did it with a smile.

Reagan used the term until it became a popular image?

I only recall him mentioning it once.

Could you support your claim he used it "until it became a popular image"?

Got to be something big.

YOu could be the first.

Guy, I've posted exactly how they did it.

Look, I know you want to pretend the Southern Strategy, Welfare Queens, Young Bucks, Willie Horton and Birtherism didn't happen. I know you want to pretend that blacks vote 96% Democratic because the Democrats promise them free stuff (even though most African American voters have jobs).

Maybe you guys need to own up to what you did wrong.

Oh, wait. No, wait, a Republican DID apologize for the Southern Strategy.

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

So if you are going to claim that the GOP didn't have a "Southern Strategy", you might want to take it up with Ken Mehlman, who admitted there was and apologized for it.

Reagan only said, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this Wall" once. Yet you guys not only have made it a "popular image", but you claim it was responsible for the fall of the USSR (ignoring the real reasons the USSR Fell, which had nothing to do with Reagan.)

AFP
3 hours ago
Jan. 2, 2016

You know…you guys keep trotting out that dumb meme….

No…you are the nuts that are saying this stupid thing….

We say we have laws already….

If you use a gun to commit a crime, you get arrested…it is against the law…

If you are a felon and are simply caught with a gun, you get arrested…it is against the law

You guys want people to be denied a gun before they commit a crime…you are the ones with the dumb idea about how laws work, not us….

You are not prevented from committing murder, you are arrested when you commit the murder…..

You are not arrested before you sell illegal drugs, you are arrested after you sell illegal drugs…..

That is how laws work, and we want the actual laws against using guns to commit crimes enforced…obama has cut gun crime prosecutions by 33%…….
A little too late for the person who got murderers.

Got to be something big.

YOu could be the first.

Guy, I've posted exactly how they did it.

...t.

No, you didn't.

You libs constantly post what you CLAIM they did ie "making racist appeals" but you almost never say WHAT "racist appeals".

And you know why?

Because the best you got boils down to "code words and dog whistles", which is bullshit.

You don't flip a third of the country, for generations, with rhetoric.

Reagan only said, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this Wall" once. Yet you guys not only have made it a "popular image", but you claim it was responsible for the fall of the USSR (ignoring the real reasons the USSR Fell, which had nothing to do with Reagan.)

What an incredible lie.

Reagan had a 8 year campaign against the Soviet Union ranging from Diplomatic (tear down that wall, for ONE example) to covert (weapons to Afghanistan, support for Solidarity), to Economic (working with Saudi Arabia, Star Wars), and Military (massive expansion of US abilities).

All of that together, put an unbearable strain on a shaky Empire and was responsible for the Fall of the Soviet Union.

If you thought that some con was saying it was JUST "Tear down that Wall" that caused it, you were completely failing your reading comprehension test.

And thank you for implicitly admitting that Reagan did not "use Welfare Queen until it became a popular image".

Forum List

Back