Mexico mayor assassinated one day after taking office

Disarm the populace. It's a big part of the NWO Global Elite plan. America's probably the last nation standing in their way. But our current asshole President should be helping them out a bit in the coming weeks. He's got his 'Gun Control' EO's all set to go. He's a traitor. Period, end of stoy.
You guys are like a broken record of stupidity and repeat lies.

How so? Disarming the populace is a huge part of the NWO Global Elite agenda. America is probably their final obstacle. And with a traitor U.S. President currently in there, they're gonna move closer to achieving their goal.

Disarm the populace. It's a big part of the NWO Global Elite plan. America's probably the last nation standing in their way. But our current asshole President should be helping them out a bit in the coming weeks. He's got his 'Gun Control' EO's all set to go. He's a traitor. Period, end of stoy.

How so? Disarming the populace is a huge part of the NWO Global Elite agenda. America is probably their final obstacle. And with a traitor U.S. President currently in there, they're gonna move closer to achieving their goal.
They'll never disarm us. NEVER! Stop being stupid. You are being stupid. I've heard you be this stupid since the 80's and it's getting fucking old. You people.

Gays weren't an issue in Nixon's elections. Nixon was strong on Civil Rights for blacks, pushing AA and enforcing Busing.

Atheists? :rolleyes:

NOte how you keep calling who you oppose "stupid". Does that mean you're smart since you don't agree with them?

And the link I posted to the New York Times shows how Poor whites in the south kept voting for dems thought the 70s and 80s.

It was the middle and upper classes that shifted rightwards. Those who were more likely to be educated. Or to have moved their from the North.
Nixon made abortion legal. My how the party has changed.

Focus.

THe lib Myth of the Southern Strategy claims that in one very important regard that the Party HAS NOT CHANGED.

If you are going to back up your claim that I am wrong, you need to demonstrate a long standing policy of pandering to Racists White Southerns.

Its one of the many ways the GOP holds on and keeps red states red.

Look into it yourself pal.

Republican Racism

And after you read it all you will still argue so why should I waste my time? If it isn't obvious to you then its because you don't want to know or believe. That's fine. But you should know I detect a bit of racism from you as well.

Remember your comment about how "people" kept telling you what racist POS your family was even though it wasn't true? Who said that? Was it black people? Sorry they haven't been able to prove to you that you are racist to them. Maybe it is just a feeling they get from you. A vibe. Maybe the results of their society tells them you are racist.

For example, would this ever happen in a rich white neighborhood? Let me know when it ever does. Until then, we can only assume you white rich republicans are racist.

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder Apologizes For Flint's Water Crisis

OPINION: Who’s responsible for poisoning Flint’s water supply?

You link me to the Huffington Post?

This is the first sentence I read.

"Republican futility is fueled by vapid intellectual disdain exhibited towards vision, wisdom, and long-term thinking, and a rejection of the foundational tenets of scientific inquiry. "

Seriously? You expect me to take that seriously?

I specified earlier that the "people" who told me that Working CLass whites, like my family were "racist" were the libs in the Media, from newspapers, magazines and books.

I never gave any thought to their race, I was discussing their ideas, which did not match with my observations of reality.

THe topic, at this point is your support of your claim about the Southern Strategy.

You will need to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the SOuthern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon.

OR, something of a similar scale in impact and duration.

I can't imagine what that would be. Neither has any other of the few libs that have tried to seriously support their position on this Myth.
Do I really have to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the Southern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon?

I suspect you think more of the southern strategy than it actually is. The GOP already has those whites. Their every policy is anti black/poor. Sometimes its not as obvious. Do I need to explain that too?

No no. There is too much for me to explain. I'm not letting you drag me into explaining it all and debating it all with you. I know what I know, you know what you know. 200 pages later aint gonna change your mind or mine.

The GOP did NOT have those whites in 68 when Nixon supposedly started the "Southern Strategy".

So what did he "do" to get them?

Every policy is anti-black? LOL! be serious!

Have you never considered this seriously before? Never once questioned what you were told?

You're not going to change my mind, if all you can say is "I know".

You might change your mind if you try to defend your belief system and completely fail.

I could tell you what some other libs have said, and how I demolished their attempts.

Would you like to start there?

Might save you some work.

They'll never disarm us. NEVER! Stop being stupid. You are being stupid. I've heard you be this stupid since the 80's and it's getting fucking old. You people.

Yes we know, it'll never happen. Yet they continue trying to disarm the populace. Where have you been? The NWO Global Elites have systematically disarmed populaces all over the world. America's their final obstacle. And this current asshole traitor President is gonna help them out bigtime in the coming weeks. To hell with all of em.

Sorry if you don't like the source

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0821c.html

FACT SHEET:

Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Bush Campaign Used Code Words to Question McCain’s Temper.
“A smear campaign of the ugliest sort is now coursing through the contest for the presidency in 2000. Using the code word "temper," a group of Senate Republicans, and at least some outriders of the George W. Bush campaign, are spreading the word that John McCain is unstable. The subtext, also suggested in this whispering campaign, is that he returned from 5 1/2 years as a POW in North Vietnam with a loose screw. And it is bruited about that he shouldn't be entrusted with nuclear weapons.”

Bush Supporters Questioned McCain’s Sanity.
“Some of George W. Bush's supporters have questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's fitness for the White House, suggesting that his five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam drove him insane at the time.”

Bush Supporters Spread Racist Rumors About McCain’s Daughter.
Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter.”

Rove Suggests Former POW McCain Committed Treason and Fathered Child With Black Prostitute.
In 2000, McCain operatives in SC accused Rove of spreading rumors against McCain, such as “suggestions that McCain had committed treason while a prisoner of war, and had fathered a child by a black prostitute,” according to the New Yorker.

After Rove Denied Role In McCain Whisper Campaign, Reporters Concluded He Was Behind It.
A December 1999 Dallas Morning News linked Rove to a series of campaign dirty tricks, including his College Republican efforts, allegedly starting a whisper campaign about Ann Richard being too gay-friendly, spreading stories about Jim Hightower’s involvement in a kickback scheme and leaking the educational history of Lena Guerrero. The article also outlined current dirty tricks and whisper campaigns against McCain in South Carolina, including that “McCain may be unstable as a result of being tortured while a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.” (DMN, 12/2/99) After the article was published, Rove blasted Slater in the Manchester, NH airport, “nose to nose” according to one witness, with Rove claiming Slater had “harmed his reputation,” Slater later noted. But according to one witness, “What was interesting then is that everyone on the campaign charter concluded that Rove was responsible for rumors about McCain.”

Rove Was In Close Touch With McConnell, McCain-Feingold’s Chief Opponent.
Senior White House adviser Karl Rove was in close contact with Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) during McConnell’s effort to fight the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill in the U.S. Senate. According to Newsweek, though Rove and Bush have publicly kept their distance from McConnell on the issue, “sources tell Newsweek that Rove is, in fact, in close touch with McConnell as GOP experts study the bill for hidden land mines.”

Bush Campaign Accused of Using Push Polls Against McCain.
College of Charleston student Suzette Latsko said she received a telephone call from a woman who identified herself as an employee of Voter/Consumer Research, and that the caller misrepresented McCain’s positions and asked if Latsko knew McCain had been reprimanded for interfering with federal regulators in the savings and loan scandal. Voter/Consumer Research is listed as a polling contractor on Bush’s Federal Election Commission filings; the Bush campaign has paid Voter/Consumer Research $93,000 through December 31, 1999. Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer denied the call was a push poll, but said it was important that the Republican Party remember McCain’s role in the S&L crisis.

Bush Campaign Acknowledged Making Phone Calls.
Tucker Eskew, Bush’s South Carolina spokesman, acknowledged the Bush campaign made such calls, but claimed they were not “push polls.” Eskew added, “Show me a baseless comment in those questions.”

Bush Used Fringe Veterans Group to Attack McCain as “Manchurian Candidate.”
“In the case of Ted Sampley, the same guy who did Bush's dirty work in going after Sen. John McCain in the 2000 Republican primaries is doing the job against Kerry this year. Sampley dared compare McCain, who spent five years as a Vietnam POW, with ‘the Manchurian Candidate.’”

Sampley Called McCain a “Coward” and a Traitor.
“Sampley… accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

A mix of unproven accusations mixed with filler. Push Polls? REally? THat is crappy.

That is not the Southern Strategy.

What policies of Bush's was aimed at pandering to White Racists, specifically in the South?

Nixon made abortion legal. My how the party has changed.

Focus.

THe lib Myth of the Southern Strategy claims that in one very important regard that the Party HAS NOT CHANGED.

If you are going to back up your claim that I am wrong, you need to demonstrate a long standing policy of pandering to Racists White Southerns.

Republican Racism

And after you read it all you will still argue so why should I waste my time? If it isn't obvious to you then its because you don't want to know or believe. That's fine. But you should know I detect a bit of racism from you as well.

Remember your comment about how "people" kept telling you what racist POS your family was even though it wasn't true? Who said that? Was it black people? Sorry they haven't been able to prove to you that you are racist to them. Maybe it is just a feeling they get from you. A vibe. Maybe the results of their society tells them you are racist.

For example, would this ever happen in a rich white neighborhood? Let me know when it ever does. Until then, we can only assume you white rich republicans are racist.

"Republican futility is fueled by vapid intellectual disdain exhibited towards vision, wisdom, and long-term thinking, and a rejection of the foundational tenets of scientific inquiry. "

I specified earlier that the "people" who told me that Working CLass whites, like my family were "racist" were the libs in the Media, from newspapers, magazines and books.

I never gave any thought to their race, I was discussing their ideas, which did not match with my observations of reality.

THe topic, at this point is your support of your claim about the Southern Strategy.

You will need to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the SOuthern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon.

I can't imagine what that would be. Neither has any other of the few libs that have tried to seriously support their position on this Myth.
Do I really have to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the Southern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon?

I suspect you think more of the southern strategy than it actually is. The GOP already has those whites. Their every policy is anti black/poor. Sometimes its not as obvious. Do I need to explain that too?

No no. There is too much for me to explain. I'm not letting you drag me into explaining it all and debating it all with you. I know what I know, you know what you know. 200 pages later aint gonna change your mind or mine.

The GOP did NOT have those whites in 68 when Nixon supposedly started the "Southern Strategy".

Have you never considered this seriously before? Never once questioned what you were told?

You might change your mind if you try to defend your belief system and completely fail.

I could tell you what some other libs have said, and how I demolished their attempts.

No because you aren't convincing at all.

FACT SHEET:

Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

“A smear campaign of the ugliest sort is now coursing through the contest for the presidency in 2000. Using the code word "temper," a group of Senate Republicans, and at least some outriders of the George W. Bush campaign, are spreading the word that John McCain is unstable. The subtext, also suggested in this whispering campaign, is that he returned from 5 1/2 years as a POW in North Vietnam with a loose screw. And it is bruited about that he shouldn't be entrusted with nuclear weapons.”

“Some of George W. Bush's supporters have questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's fitness for the White House, suggesting that his five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam drove him insane at the time.”

Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter.”

Rove Suggests Former POW McCain Committed Treason and Fathered Child With Black Prostitute.
In 2000, McCain operatives in SC accused Rove of spreading rumors against McCain, such as “suggestions that McCain had committed treason while a prisoner of war, and had fathered a child by a black prostitute,” according to the New Yorker.

After Rove Denied Role In McCain Whisper Campaign, Reporters Concluded He Was Behind It.
A December 1999 Dallas Morning News linked Rove to a series of campaign dirty tricks, including his College Republican efforts, allegedly starting a whisper campaign about Ann Richard being too gay-friendly, spreading stories about Jim Hightower’s involvement in a kickback scheme and leaking the educational history of Lena Guerrero. The article also outlined current dirty tricks and whisper campaigns against McCain in South Carolina, including that “McCain may be unstable as a result of being tortured while a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.” (DMN, 12/2/99) After the article was published, Rove blasted Slater in the Manchester, NH airport, “nose to nose” according to one witness, with Rove claiming Slater had “harmed his reputation,” Slater later noted. But according to one witness, “What was interesting then is that everyone on the campaign charter concluded that Rove was responsible for rumors about McCain.”

Senior White House adviser Karl Rove was in close contact with Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) during McConnell’s effort to fight the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill in the U.S. Senate. According to Newsweek, though Rove and Bush have publicly kept their distance from McConnell on the issue, “sources tell Newsweek that Rove is, in fact, in close touch with McConnell as GOP experts study the bill for hidden land mines.”

College of Charleston student Suzette Latsko said she received a telephone call from a woman who identified herself as an employee of Voter/Consumer Research, and that the caller misrepresented McCain’s positions and asked if Latsko knew McCain had been reprimanded for interfering with federal regulators in the savings and loan scandal. Voter/Consumer Research is listed as a polling contractor on Bush’s Federal Election Commission filings; the Bush campaign has paid Voter/Consumer Research $93,000 through December 31, 1999. Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer denied the call was a push poll, but said it was important that the Republican Party remember McCain’s role in the S&L crisis.

Tucker Eskew, Bush’s South Carolina spokesman, acknowledged the Bush campaign made such calls, but claimed they were not “push polls.” Eskew added, “Show me a baseless comment in those questions.”

“In the case of Ted Sampley, the same guy who did Bush's dirty work in going after Sen. John McCain in the 2000 Republican primaries is doing the job against Kerry this year. Sampley dared compare McCain, who spent five years as a Vietnam POW, with ‘the Manchurian Candidate.’”

“Sampley… accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

A mix of unproven accusations mixed with filler. Push Polls? REally? THat is crappy.

What policies of Bush's was aimed at pandering to White Racists, specifically in the South?
And I bet this stuff never happened to McCain either. Riiiiight.

Focus.

Republican Racism

It's not about me. It's about your complete inability to make your case.

I mean when I asked you to support your belief in the Southern Strategy you posted that Nixon legalized abortion, then some code word stuff right after I told you not to do that, and then some accusations of GWBush doing push polls.

I mean, come on.

Now, you're at work. YOu might be telling yourself that when you have some uninterrupted time tonight you can do better.

Go with that. Focus on work while you are at work, and then when you come home just review Nixon or the Southern Strategy.

IF it's real, it shouldn't be hard to find how he got tens of millions of voters to flip parties.

It's got to be BIG...

Hey, this might help. Imagine what you would have to do to flip it BACK for the dems today.

It should give you an idea of what to look for historically.

Best of luck!

Republican Racism

I mean when I asked you to support your belief in the Southern Strategy you posted that Nixon legalized abortion, then some code word stuff right after I told you not to do that, and then some accusations of GWBush doing push polls.

I mean, come on.

Now, you're at work. YOu might be telling yourself that when you have some uninterrupted time tonight you can do better.

Go with that. Focus on work while you are at work, and then when you come home just review Nixon or the Southern Strategy.

IF it's real, it shouldn't be hard to find how he got tens of millions of voters to flip parties.

It's got to be BIG...

Hey, this might help. Imagine what you would have to do to flip it BACK for the dems today.

Best of luck!

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a strategy by some Republican Party candidates of gaining political support in the Southern United States by appealing to racism against African Americans.

You think this strategy is a myth?

Maybe it's just coincidence that after the civil rights movement whites went from voting Democratic to Republican. Maybe blacks had nothing to do with it. Why did the south leave the Democratic party then?

During this period, Republican politicians such as Presidential candidate Richard Nixon worked to attract southern white conservative voters (most of whom had traditionally supported the Democratic Party) to the Republican Party,[4] and Senator Barry Goldwater won the five formerly Confederate states of the Deep South (Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina) in the 1964 presidential election. In the 1968 presidential campaign, Nixon won Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee, all former Confederate states, contributing to the electoral realignmentthat saw many white, southern voters shift allegiance from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party during this period.

Tell me why your racist kin switched parties.

Maybe instead of making me guess you can tell me why they switched parties???

Republican Racism

I mean, come on.

It's got to be BIG...

Best of luck!

Here is what authors on your side say:

This view has been questioned by historians such as Matthew Lassiter, Kevin M. Kruse, and Joseph Crespino, who have presented an alternative, "bottom up" narrative, which Lassiter has called the "suburban strategy." This narrative recognizes the centrality of racial backlash to the political realignment of the South, but suggests that this backlash took the form of a defense of de facto segregation in the suburbs, rather of overt resistance to racial integration, and that the story of this backlash is a national, rather than a strictly southern one.

In other words whites got defensive to segregation. They weren't overtly racist about it. And that it wasn't just the south.

Can you show me any conservative authors or links that back up what you are suggesting? Which I don't even know what you are suggesting. What are you suggesting? That civil rights had nothing to do with whites leaving the Democratic party?

Republican Racism

I mean, come on.

It's got to be BIG...

Best of luck!
I guess you know better than the head of the RNC.

The perception that the Republican Party had served as the "vehicle of white supremacy in the South," particularly during the Goldwater campaign and the presidential elections of 1968 and 1972, has made it difficult for the Republican Party to win the support of black voters in the south in later years. In 2005,Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

FACT SHEET:

In 2005,Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

Are you calling the head of the RNC a liar?

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

Uh Mexico has a right to own guns in their constitution, just like we do. their guns laws aren't really all that strict. The fact the US Gun industry dumps a quarter million guns into Mexico is a large part of the problem.

Wrong....it is written and not practiced.....the cartels and the government have guns...exactly what the anti gunners want...and the thousands of dead Mexican, unarmed citizens show the outcome of their beliefs.......

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

Uh Mexico has a right to own guns in their constitution, just like we do. their guns laws aren't really all that strict. The fact the US Gun industry dumps a quarter million guns into Mexico is a large part of the problem.

Wrong....it is written and not practiced.....the cartels and the government have guns...exactly what the anti gunners want...and the thousands of dead Mexican, unarmed citizens show the outcome of their beliefs.......
The US Gun industry loves it because they get to sell more guns this way. Do you think the US gun manufacturers are at all to blame for all the guns they ship to Mexico? Do you think they want this to stop?

I mean, come on.

It's got to be BIG...

Best of luck!
I guess you know better than the head of the RNC.

The perception that the Republican Party had served as the "vehicle of white supremacy in the South," particularly during the Goldwater campaign and the presidential elections of 1968 and 1972, has made it difficult for the Republican Party to win the support of black voters in the south in later years. In 2005,Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

Ken Melhman is a rino nitwit who thinks he can score points with the left by putting his butt in the air......

The democrat party is the home of all racism....all of the core groups that make up the democrat party are openly and proudly racist. The leadership of the democrat party is racist, king of all of them is obama who sat in a racist church for 20 years with an openly, and proudly racist pastor, jeremiah wright who obama called his friend and mentor who married him and his wife and baptized his kids.....

bill clinton awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to his good friend and political mentor j. william fulbright another known racist.....and even dedicated a statue to him......

the democrats have pulled the greatest political magic trick in history...making people believe that they are the party of minorities.......when they have done nothing but enslave and destroy minorities in this country.

The US Gun industry loves it because they get to sell more guns this way. Do you think the US gun manufacturers are at all to blame for all the guns they ship to Mexico? Do you think they want this to stop?

Nope......most of the guns come from Europe and China........and then there was Fast And Furious where obama sent thousands of guns to Mexican drug cartels to start up his gun control crap here.........

A lot of this ties back to Eric Holder ILLEGALLY selling guns to the drug Cartels.

250,000 guns cross the border every year. Fast and Furious involved less than 2000 guns, only 200 of which they lost track of. So your argument fails on a logical level.

Nope......you have that confused....250,000 guns are stolen each year...according to brain 357......most of the guns in Mexico come from China and Europe.

I think this has less to do with gun policy and more to do with the fact that Mexico is a rampantly corrupt country ruled by violent thugs.

violent thugs and their government allies.....who have the guns.....against the law abiding Mexicans...who are unarmed.....

Sounds like Mexicans have that 2nd Amendment remedy thing down pat.

They don't have a 2nd Amendment.......it is on paper only....only the government and their cartel allies actually have guns....

Where Mexico get's its guns...

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

Type 3: Guns Not Available for Civilian Purchase in Mexico or the U.S.
The third category of weapons encountered in Mexico is military-grade ordnance not generally available for sale in the United States or Mexico. This category includes hand grenades, 40 mm grenades, rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), automatic assault rifles and main battle rifles and light machine guns.

This third type of weapon is fairly difficult and very expensive to obtain in the United States, especially in the large numbers in which the cartels are employing them. They are also dangerous to obtain in the United States due to heavy law enforcement scrutiny. Therefore, most of the military ordnance used by the Mexican cartels comes from other sources, such as the international arms market — increasingly from China via the same networks that furnish precursor chemicals for narcotics manufacturing — or from corrupt elements in the Mexican military or even deserters who take their weapons with them. Besides, items such as South Korean fragmentation grenades and RPG-7s, often used by the cartels, simply are not in the U.S. arsenal. This means that very few of the weapons in this category come from the United States.

In recent years the cartels, especially their enforcer groups such as Los Zetas, Gente Nueva and La Linea, have been increasingly using military weaponry instead of sporting arms. A close examination of the arms seized from the enforcer groups and their training camps clearly demonstrates this trend toward military ordnance, including many weapons not readily available in the United States. Some of these seizures have included M60 machine guns and hundreds of 40 mm grenades obtained from the military arsenals of countries like Guatemala.

But Guatemala is not the only source of such weapons. Latin America is awash in weapons that were shipped there over the past several decades to supply the various insurgencies and counterinsurgencies in the region. When these military-grade weapons are combined with the rampant corruption in the region, they quickly find their way into the black arms market. The Mexican cartels have supply-chain contacts that help move narcotics to Mexico from South America, and they are able to use this same network to obtain guns from the black market in South and Central America and then smuggle them into Mexico. While there are many weapons in this category that were manufactured in the United States, the overwhelming majority of the U.S.-manufactured weapons of this third type encountered in Mexico — like LAW rockets and M60 machine guns — come into Mexico from third countries and not directly from the United S
tates.

Forum List

Back