Mexico mayor assassinated one day after taking office

So, at what point did the Dems join in? Because they are there now. They were there in 88 when Gephardt tried to make an issue of it, and failed, despite the support of the UAW.

This isn't me refusing to blame just the GOP.

This is me pointing out the reality that while Free Trade got it's start in the GOP, it is now a bi-partisan consensus.

YOu know, if it were not for the bullshit you libs pile on the GOP, Trumps message of walking back that "Free Trade" would be pulling tons of those old Rust Belt dems to him.

We could see that consensus go up flames even if Trump did not win.

I probably agree, the Dems have given up on this issue when they shouldn't have.

But please note the GOP Establishment will throw the election to Hillary before they ever let Trump roll back free trade.

But, as I have said, you libs can't allow that any Republican can have any valid perspective. Everything we do has to be Evul for Evulnesses sake.

MEanwhile the black punks that used to kick your white ass because it was white? THem you understand.

BUT at least you know you are on the side of Good. Since you are certainly against Evul.

Oh, I don't think your leaders are doing it for "evilness' sake". I think it's a very calculated plan again going back to Nixon's Southern Strategy. On one side, whittling away at the nice white middle class through free trade, union-busting, At-will employment, "right to work", and on the other hand, playing on white middle class fears about minorities, gays, abortion, religion, and sexual equality.

So that's why even though Republicans appointed 8 of the 12 SCOTUS justices since 1973, Roe v. Wade has never been overturned. They don't want to ban abortion. That would get a lot of women off their asses to vote them out of office. They just want to keep the Christian stupids voting against their own economic interests because abortion makes them so darned angry.

Libs can't point to one example of Nixon pandering to SOuthern Racist that doe not boil down to "code word" bullshit.

The SOuthern Strategy is a myth.
You must be IGNORANT about Lee Atwater then. He admitted it was real. He was Reagan's Carl Rove back in the 70's before god gave him a brain tumor.

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigga, nigga, nigga." By 1968 you can't say "nigga"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigga nigga.

Like I said, nothing but "Code word" bullshit.

NOte how he in no way says this "plan" operated anywhere but inside of his head.

No discussions with Nixon. No, he told Nixon, "We'll get those Racists Rednecks voting GOP for a Hundred Years".

From that right wing rag, the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10Section2b.t-4.html?_r=0

Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)

The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t.

To be sure, Shafer says, many whites in the South aggressively opposed liberal Democrats on race issues. “But when folks went to the polling booths,” he says, “they didn’t shoot off their own toes. They voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences.” Shafer says these results should give liberals hope. “If Southern politics is about class and not race,” he says, “then they can get it back.”

So, at what point did the Dems join in? Because they are there now. They were there in 88 when Gephardt tried to make an issue of it, and failed, despite the support of the UAW.

This is me pointing out the reality that while Free Trade got it's start in the GOP, it is now a bi-partisan consensus.

YOu know, if it were not for the bullshit you libs pile on the GOP, Trumps message of walking back that "Free Trade" would be pulling tons of those old Rust Belt dems to him.

I probably agree, the Dems have given up on this issue when they shouldn't have.

But please note the GOP Establishment will throw the election to Hillary before they ever let Trump roll back free trade.

But, as I have said, you libs can't allow that any Republican can have any valid perspective. Everything we do has to be Evul for Evulnesses sake.

MEanwhile the black punks that used to kick your white ass because it was white? THem you understand.

BUT at least you know you are on the side of Good. Since you are certainly against Evul.

Oh, I don't think your leaders are doing it for "evilness' sake". I think it's a very calculated plan again going back to Nixon's Southern Strategy. On one side, whittling away at the nice white middle class through free trade, union-busting, At-will employment, "right to work", and on the other hand, playing on white middle class fears about minorities, gays, abortion, religion, and sexual equality.

So that's why even though Republicans appointed 8 of the 12 SCOTUS justices since 1973, Roe v. Wade has never been overturned. They don't want to ban abortion. That would get a lot of women off their asses to vote them out of office. They just want to keep the Christian stupids voting against their own economic interests because abortion makes them so darned angry.

Libs can't point to one example of Nixon pandering to SOuthern Racist that doe not boil down to "code word" bullshit.

You must be IGNORANT about Lee Atwater then. He admitted it was real. He was Reagan's Carl Rove back in the 70's before god gave him a brain tumor.

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigga, nigga, nigga." By 1968 you can't say "nigga"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigga nigga.

NOte how he in no way says this "plan" operated anywhere but inside of his head.

No discussions with Nixon. No, he told Nixon, "We'll get those Racists Rednecks voting GOP for a Hundred Years".

Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)

The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t.

To be sure, Shafer says, many whites in the South aggressively opposed liberal Democrats on race issues. “But when folks went to the polling booths,” he says, “they didn’t shoot off their own toes. They voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences.” Shafer says these results should give liberals hope. “If Southern politics is about class and not race,” he says, “then they can get it back.”
Ok fine. Choose to keep your head buried on the subject.

Choose to ignore that all too many middle class and poor Americans vote against their class because of wedge issues like god, gays, guns and racism.

I simply know its a fact so when you deny it there is nothing more I can say but that we should just agree to disagree.

If FDR was a traitor to his class for passing the New Deal, that means the rich understand class warfare exists. You however don't seem to realize it. You think you are one of them? You are not. To the rich, we are all n*#$rs. Even Herman Cain and Ben Carson think you are a n*#$r

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

So how could this have happened?

Could it be that murderers who go around shooting innocent people for their political beliefs, might (gasp) refuse to obey gun-restriction laws?

Maybe Mexico needs to consider some other course, rather than making laws restricting guns from people who obey laws.

And maybe the U.S. should take the hint, too.

--------------------------------------------

AFP
3 hours ago
Jan. 2, 2016

Cuernavaca (Mexico) (AFP) - Several gunmen burst into the home of a newly elected Mexican mayor and shot her dead on Saturday, just hours into her tenure, police said.

Gisela Mota, 33, a left-of-center former member of Congress, was gunned down barely 24 hours after taking her oath of office in the city of Temixco, which is about 90 kilometers (55 miles) from the capital Mexico City.

Temixco is plagued by organized crime and rampant drug trafficking -- problems the slain mayor had vowed to help clean up.

The government of central Morelos state said that two of the suspected gunmen had been killed and one was in custody.

State Governor Graco Ramirez pledged there would be "no impunity."

Morelos has been one of the Mexican states most affected by drug violence plaguing the country, including kidnappings and murders.

More than 100,000 people have been killed or gone missing in a nearly a decade of drug violence nationwide.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, who took office in December 2012, has pledged to reduce the murders, kidnappings and extortion haunting Mexicans.

curiously

one has to wonder

was a

obama fast n furious gun involved in the assassination

there are still tons of them floating around Mexico and the United States
I thought you were pro gun. You don't seem to mind all the guns floating around America because of straw purchases.

Choose to ignore that all too many middle class and poor Americans vote against their class because of wedge issues like god, gays, guns and racism.

I simply know its a fact so when you deny it there is nothing more I can say but that we should just agree to disagree.

If FDR was a traitor to his class for passing the New Deal, that means the rich understand class warfare exists. You however don't seem to realize it. You think you are one of them? You are not. To the rich, we are all n*#$rs. Even Herman Cain and Ben Carson think you are a n*#$r

I seriously answered your post.

YOu response in no way addressed anything I said.

You state you "simply know it as a fact".

That is irrational blind faith.

Which ties in perfectly with my view on why liberals vote liberal, and why they can never admit that a Republican perspective is valid

Oh, and you played the Race Card. The perfect admission that you can't defend your position on it's merits.

You're the one with the "buried head".

Which ties in perfectly with my view on why liberals vote liberal, and why they can never admit that a Republican perspective is valid

Oh, and you played the Race Card. The perfect admission that you can't defend your position on it's merits.

I'm at work. Don't have time to carefully explain in detail why you are wrong. Just trust me, you are. LOL.

I'm at work. Don't have time to carefully explain in detail why you are wrong. Just trust me, you are. LOL.

I'll be here tomorrow. Take you time to night and defend your belief in the SOuthern Strategy.

Keep in mind that if you try to say that the Southern Strategy consisted on nothing but code words and dog whistles, that I will consider that an admission that you have nothing.

Let me educate you how Republicans operate.

Whispering campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A whispering campaign or whisper campaign is a method of persuasion in which damaging rumors or innuendo are spread about the target, while the source of the rumors seeks to avoid being detected while spreading them (for example, a political campaign might distribute anonymous flyers attacking the other candidate). It is generally considered unethical in open societies, particularly in matters of public policy.

During the 2000 Republican presidential primary, Senator John McCain was the target of a whisper campaign implying that he had fathered a black child out of wedlock. (McCain's adopted daughter is a dark-skinned child from Bangladesh). Voters in South Carolina were reportedly asked, "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain if you knew that he fathered an illegitimate black child?". McCain would later lose the South Carolina primary, and the nomination, to George W. Bush. In addition, on the week of the nomination vote, dozens of radio stations were called on the same day asking talk show hosts what they thought of McCain's fathering of a black child out of wedlock. McCain later said of the incidents:

"There were some pretty vile and hurtful things said during the South Carolina primary. It's a really nasty side of politics. We tried to ignore it and I think we shielded [our daughter] from it. It's just unfortunate that that sort of thing still exists. As you know she's Bengali, and very dark skinned. A lot of phone calls were made by people who said we should be very ashamed about her, about the color of her skin. Thousands and thousands of calls from people to voters saying, 'You know, the McCains have a black baby.' I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like those."

So please tell me more about how you white Republicans aren't fucking racists.

I'll be here tomorrow. Take you time to night and defend your belief in the SOuthern Strategy.

Keep in mind that if you try to say that the Southern Strategy consisted on nothing but code words and dog whistles, that I will consider that an admission that you have nothing.
All I'm saying is that poor white southerners vote GOP because gays, blacks and atheists vote Democratic. That's how they win over stupid poor and middle class voters. Even you believe Democratic voters are just "people" looking for handouts.

Let me educate you how Republicans operate.

Whispering campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A whispering campaign or whisper campaign is a method of persuasion in which damaging rumors or innuendo are spread about the target, while the source of the rumors seeks to avoid being detected while spreading them (for example, a political campaign might distribute anonymous flyers attacking the other candidate). It is generally considered unethical in open societies, particularly in matters of public policy.

During the 2000 Republican presidential primary, Senator John McCain was the target of a whisper campaign implying that he had fathered a black child out of wedlock. (McCain's adopted daughter is a dark-skinned child from Bangladesh). Voters in South Carolina were reportedly asked, "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain if you knew that he fathered an illegitimate black child?". McCain would later lose the South Carolina primary, and the nomination, to George W. Bush. In addition, on the week of the nomination vote, dozens of radio stations were called on the same day asking talk show hosts what they thought of McCain's fathering of a black child out of wedlock. McCain later said of the incidents:

"There were some pretty vile and hurtful things said during the South Carolina primary. It's a really nasty side of politics. We tried to ignore it and I think we shielded [our daughter] from it. It's just unfortunate that that sort of thing still exists. As you know she's Bengali, and very dark skinned. A lot of phone calls were made by people who said we should be very ashamed about her, about the color of her skin. Thousands and thousands of calls from people to voters saying, 'You know, the McCains have a black baby.' I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like those."

So please tell me more about how you white Republicans aren't fucking racists.

Calm down. Wait till you have time to find something good.

Something that shows that the Party has a long standing policy of working to appeal to Southern Racists.

NOt an isolated incident that was probably just a few guys operating out of one of their basements or a motel room.

All I'm saying is that poor white southerners vote GOP because gays, blacks and atheists vote Democratic. That's how they win over stupid poor and middle class voters. Even you believe Democratic voters are just "people" looking for handouts.

Gays weren't an issue in Nixon's elections. Nixon was strong on Civil Rights for blacks, pushing AA and enforcing Busing.

Atheists? :rolleyes:

NOte how you keep calling who you oppose "stupid". Does that mean you're smart since you don't agree with them?

And the link I posted to the New York Times shows how Poor whites in the south kept voting for dems thought the 70s and 80s.

It was the middle and upper classes that shifted rightwards. Those who were more likely to be educated. Or to have moved their from the North.

Gays weren't an issue in Nixon's elections. Nixon was strong on Civil Rights for blacks, pushing AA and enforcing Busing.

NOte how you keep calling who you oppose "stupid". Does that mean you're smart since you don't agree with them?

And the link I posted to the New York Times shows how Poor whites in the south kept voting for dems thought the 70s and 80s.

It was the middle and upper classes that shifted rightwards. Those who were more likely to be educated. Or to have moved their from the North.
Nixon made abortion legal. My how the party has changed.

Focus.

THe lib Myth of the Southern Strategy claims that in one very important regard that the Party HAS NOT CHANGED.

If you are going to back up your claim that I am wrong, you need to demonstrate a long standing policy of pandering to Racists White Southerns.

Focus.

THe lib Myth of the Southern Strategy claims that in one very important regard that the Party HAS NOT CHANGED.

If you are going to back up your claim that I am wrong, you need to demonstrate a long standing policy of pandering to Racists White Southerns.

Its one of the many ways the GOP holds on and keeps red states red.

Look into it yourself pal.

Republican Racism

And after you read it all you will still argue so why should I waste my time? If it isn't obvious to you then its because you don't want to know or believe. That's fine. But you should know I detect a bit of racism from you as well.

Remember your comment about how "people" kept telling you what racist POS your family was even though it wasn't true? Who said that? Was it black people? Sorry they haven't been able to prove to you that you are racist to them. Maybe it is just a feeling they get from you. A vibe. Maybe the results of their society tells them you are racist.

For example, would this ever happen in a rich white neighborhood? Let me know when it ever does. Until then, we can only assume you white rich republicans are racist.

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder Apologizes For Flint's Water Crisis

OPINION: Who’s responsible for poisoning Flint’s water supply?

Focus.

Republican Racism

And after you read it all you will still argue so why should I waste my time? If it isn't obvious to you then its because you don't want to know or believe. That's fine. But you should know I detect a bit of racism from you as well.

Remember your comment about how "people" kept telling you what racist POS your family was even though it wasn't true? Who said that? Was it black people? Sorry they haven't been able to prove to you that you are racist to them. Maybe it is just a feeling they get from you. A vibe. Maybe the results of their society tells them you are racist.

For example, would this ever happen in a rich white neighborhood? Let me know when it ever does. Until then, we can only assume you white rich republicans are racist.

You link me to the Huffington Post?

This is the first sentence I read.

"Republican futility is fueled by vapid intellectual disdain exhibited towards vision, wisdom, and long-term thinking, and a rejection of the foundational tenets of scientific inquiry. "

Seriously? You expect me to take that seriously?

I specified earlier that the "people" who told me that Working CLass whites, like my family were "racist" were the libs in the Media, from newspapers, magazines and books.

I never gave any thought to their race, I was discussing their ideas, which did not match with my observations of reality.

THe topic, at this point is your support of your claim about the Southern Strategy.

You will need to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the SOuthern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon.

OR, something of a similar scale in impact and duration.

I can't imagine what that would be. Neither has any other of the few libs that have tried to seriously support their position on this Myth.

Focus.

Republican Racism

You link me to the Huffington Post?

This is the first sentence I read.

"Republican futility is fueled by vapid intellectual disdain exhibited towards vision, wisdom, and long-term thinking, and a rejection of the foundational tenets of scientific inquiry. "

Seriously? You expect me to take that seriously?

I specified earlier that the "people" who told me that Working CLass whites, like my family were "racist" were the libs in the Media, from newspapers, magazines and books.

I never gave any thought to their race, I was discussing their ideas, which did not match with my observations of reality.

THe topic, at this point is your support of your claim about the Southern Strategy.

You will need to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the SOuthern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon.

OR, something of a similar scale in impact and duration.

I can't imagine what that would be. Neither has any other of the few libs that have tried to seriously support their position on this Myth.
Do I really have to show policies designed by Nixon to appeal to the Southern Racists, and that those policies have been part of every GOP platform since then, as the Southern Strategy has supposedly been in operation since Nixon?

I suspect you think more of the southern strategy than it actually is. The GOP already has those whites. Their every policy is anti black/poor. Sometimes its not as obvious. Do I need to explain that too?

No no. There is too much for me to explain. I'm not letting you drag me into explaining it all and debating it all with you. I know what I know, you know what you know. 200 pages later aint gonna change your mind or mine.

Are you suggesting blacks are stupid? Because there is a reason they don't vote GOP. Is it because they are ignorant racists? I suggest that they and I vote correctly. It is YOU who votes wrong. You don't make enough to be in the GOP. Sorry. How did they get you? With god, gays, runs or racism? Or is it the brainwashing that liberals are socialists and that's one step away from commy? You think welfare is what's ruining this country? That's wrong and racist. Ignorant. Sorry but you are so wrong on so many levels that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Its hard when you come at me with trying to control the message and you hand me assignments like I need to prove to you that Nixon blablabla. Why else do blacks down south vote Democratic and whites down south vote GOP? But up north its more about $, not race? Maybe I'm making a false connection. And maybe the southern strategy and hush campaigns like Bush did to McCain didn't REALLY cost McCain the white house. Lets pretend that the GOP doesn't do that. Or when you can't pretend that, say they all do it. But don't worry that McCain didn't do it to Bush or that the ignorant racists of South Carolina didn't vote for Bush because they are bunch of ignorant fucks.

Sorry if you don't like the source

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0821c.html

FACT SHEET:

Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Bush Campaign Used Code Words to Question McCain’s Temper.
“A smear campaign of the ugliest sort is now coursing through the contest for the presidency in 2000. Using the code word "temper," a group of Senate Republicans, and at least some outriders of the George W. Bush campaign, are spreading the word that John McCain is unstable. The subtext, also suggested in this whispering campaign, is that he returned from 5 1/2 years as a POW in North Vietnam with a loose screw. And it is bruited about that he shouldn't be entrusted with nuclear weapons.”

Bush Supporters Questioned McCain’s Sanity.
“Some of George W. Bush's supporters have questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's fitness for the White House, suggesting that his five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam drove him insane at the time.”

Bush Supporters Spread Racist Rumors About McCain’s Daughter.
Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter.”

Rove Suggests Former POW McCain Committed Treason and Fathered Child With Black Prostitute.
In 2000, McCain operatives in SC accused Rove of spreading rumors against McCain, such as “suggestions that McCain had committed treason while a prisoner of war, and had fathered a child by a black prostitute,” according to the New Yorker.

After Rove Denied Role In McCain Whisper Campaign, Reporters Concluded He Was Behind It.
A December 1999 Dallas Morning News linked Rove to a series of campaign dirty tricks, including his College Republican efforts, allegedly starting a whisper campaign about Ann Richard being too gay-friendly, spreading stories about Jim Hightower’s involvement in a kickback scheme and leaking the educational history of Lena Guerrero. The article also outlined current dirty tricks and whisper campaigns against McCain in South Carolina, including that “McCain may be unstable as a result of being tortured while a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.” (DMN, 12/2/99) After the article was published, Rove blasted Slater in the Manchester, NH airport, “nose to nose” according to one witness, with Rove claiming Slater had “harmed his reputation,” Slater later noted. But according to one witness, “What was interesting then is that everyone on the campaign charter concluded that Rove was responsible for rumors about McCain.”

Rove Was In Close Touch With McConnell, McCain-Feingold’s Chief Opponent.
Senior White House adviser Karl Rove was in close contact with Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) during McConnell’s effort to fight the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill in the U.S. Senate. According to Newsweek, though Rove and Bush have publicly kept their distance from McConnell on the issue, “sources tell Newsweek that Rove is, in fact, in close touch with McConnell as GOP experts study the bill for hidden land mines.”

Bush Campaign Accused of Using Push Polls Against McCain.
College of Charleston student Suzette Latsko said she received a telephone call from a woman who identified herself as an employee of Voter/Consumer Research, and that the caller misrepresented McCain’s positions and asked if Latsko knew McCain had been reprimanded for interfering with federal regulators in the savings and loan scandal. Voter/Consumer Research is listed as a polling contractor on Bush’s Federal Election Commission filings; the Bush campaign has paid Voter/Consumer Research $93,000 through December 31, 1999. Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer denied the call was a push poll, but said it was important that the Republican Party remember McCain’s role in the S&L crisis.

Bush Campaign Acknowledged Making Phone Calls.
Tucker Eskew, Bush’s South Carolina spokesman, acknowledged the Bush campaign made such calls, but claimed they were not “push polls.” Eskew added, “Show me a baseless comment in those questions.”

Bush Used Fringe Veterans Group to Attack McCain as “Manchurian Candidate.”
“In the case of Ted Sampley, the same guy who did Bush's dirty work in going after Sen. John McCain in the 2000 Republican primaries is doing the job against Kerry this year. Sampley dared compare McCain, who spent five years as a Vietnam POW, with ‘the Manchurian Candidate.’”

Sampley Called McCain a “Coward” and a Traitor.
“Sampley… accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

Disarm the populace. It's a big part of the NWO Global Elite plan. America's probably the last nation standing in their way. But our current asshole President should be helping them out a bit in the coming weeks. He's got his 'Gun Control' EO's all set to go. He's a traitor. Period, end of stoy.

Disarm the populace. It's a big part of the NWO Global Elite plan. America's probably the last nation standing in their way. But our current asshole President should be helping them out a bit in the coming weeks. He's got his 'Gun Control' EO's all set to go. He's a traitor. Period, end of stoy.
You guys are like a broken record of stupidity and repeat lies.

Forum List

Back