Mexico mayor assassinated one day after taking office

I live in a democratic rust belt city.

The jobs are few and far between. Population's been dropping for a long time now.

and ou keep voting for the people who made that happen. The ones that put the interests of international corporations over average Americans.

Free Trade is a long standing Bi-partisan consensus.

It might have started with the GOP, but the dems signed on long ago.

Trump is the first serious challenge to this Conventional Wisdom.

One of the primary reasons I support him.

Assassinated ? the very next day? almost right away?

That's excessive....even for a country like Mexico! :rolleyes:

Oh but don't we vote GOP because we want free stuff? Isn't that the general consensus among Republicans? We're not makers we're takers

MOst liberal middle class white self identify as liberal because it provides them with an identify that defines them as the GOod Guy vs the Evul Racist Republicans.

As a member of that group, they can tell themselves they are good people and will have a large group reinforcing that message as long as they toe the line in all important matters.
I grew up in a union neighborhood/state. Michigan. I see liberal middle class first policies work best. Cons like trickle down

I grew up in a union neighborhood state too.

I spent my childhood listening to liberals talk about how bad my working class white family was and seeing that they were full of shit.

I kept waiting to run into all these terrible racists that were out there.

At first I thought, the liberals just didn't know that my family and neighbors were different.

But as I moved further and further into the outside world, I still did not find these vile white people that were supposed to be the source of all evil.

I identify with those good people. I understand why they voted democratic even as the liberals who increasingly dominated the party has nothing but contempt for them, but I did not share their life experiences, nor was I willing to forgive the slander of my people.
Explain how you spent your childhood listening to liberals talk about how bad your middle class white family was.

I read a lot, at a young age, newpapers, magazines, books. The view presented of what was then contemporary American, especially White America did not match my environment.

My parents were old, father a WWII vet, mom somewhat younger.

Cousins younger.

All working class and according to what I was reading, being "poor" and "uneducated" they were supposed to be full of all of these reactionary ideas, such as racism.

Except. They weren't.

My one older cousin had married some black woman sometime back in the late 60s or early 70s. and divorced.

I'm not sure what the story was, but she was still welcome at many family functions.

This passed without any comment.

The liberal view of the WHite Working CLass was completely wrong.

At first I thought my family and neighbors were special. What kid can't believe that?
I lived in an all black neighborhood and I experienced racism. Then as a Greek American I learned in a white neighborhood I wasn't really white, but I was white enough to get to hear them talk about black people. I don't know what planet you live on. Lol

The jobs are few and far between. Population's been dropping for a long time now.

and ou keep voting for the people who made that happen. The ones that put the interests of international corporations over average Americans.

See joe? He will always put blame on the dems too, never just the GOP for anything.

Trumps fos. He sounded just like a democrat 8 years ago. Whys he upset? In that time he made 8 trillion

MOst liberal middle class white self identify as liberal because it provides them with an identify that defines them as the GOod Guy vs the Evul Racist Republicans.

As a member of that group, they can tell themselves they are good people and will have a large group reinforcing that message as long as they toe the line in all important matters.
I grew up in a union neighborhood/state. Michigan. I see liberal middle class first policies work best. Cons like trickle down

I spent my childhood listening to liberals talk about how bad my working class white family was and seeing that they were full of shit.

At first I thought, the liberals just didn't know that my family and neighbors were different.

But as I moved further and further into the outside world, I still did not find these vile white people that were supposed to be the source of all evil.

I identify with those good people. I understand why they voted democratic even as the liberals who increasingly dominated the party has nothing but contempt for them, but I did not share their life experiences, nor was I willing to forgive the slander of my people.
Explain how you spent your childhood listening to liberals talk about how bad your middle class white family was.

I read a lot, at a young age, newpapers, magazines, books. The view presented of what was then contemporary American, especially White America did not match my environment.

Cousins younger.

All working class and according to what I was reading, being "poor" and "uneducated" they were supposed to be full of all of these reactionary ideas, such as racism.

Except. They weren't.

My one older cousin had married some black woman sometime back in the late 60s or early 70s. and divorced.

I'm not sure what the story was, but she was still welcome at many family functions.

At first I thought my family and neighbors were special. What kid can't believe that?
I lived in an all black neighborhood and I experienced racism. Then as a Greek American I learned in a white neighborhood I wasn't really white, but I was white enough to get to hear them talk about black people. I don't know what planet you live on. Lol

I find your experience hard to credit.

How many times did you hear them talk about black people?

See joe? He will always put blame on the dems too, never just the GOP for anything.

Trumps fos. He sounded just like a democrat 8 years ago. Whys he upset? In that time he made 8 trillion

Free Trade is a bi-partisan consensus now.

The last Dem that serious questioned it was Dick Gephardt, back in 88.

A position that back then could not win him the Dem vote even in Michigan.

Cousins younger.

Except. They weren't.

Lots! I still do. Especially on usmb.

Unions were against free trade.

I'm not against free trade. I'm against the USA being the only dumb country to try free unregulated trade.

The American workers high wages is why they wanted free trade.

Cousins younger.

Except. They weren't.

Really? Or is it the standard lib definition of "racism"?

YOu know, like when some con speaks out against Obama, but you just KNOW that that con never spoke out against Clinton so strongly....

I'm not against free trade. I'm against the USA being the only dumb country to try free unregulated trade.

So, at what point did the Dems join in? Because they are there now. They were there in 88 when Gephardt tried to make an issue of it, and failed, despite the support of the UAW.

This isn't me refusing to blame just the GOP.

This is me pointing out the reality that while Free Trade got it's start in the GOP, it is now a bi-partisan consensus.

YOu know, if it were not for the bullshit you libs pile on the GOP, Trumps message of walking back that "Free Trade" would be pulling tons of those old Rust Belt dems to him.

We could see that consensus go up flames even if Trump did not win.

But, as I have said, you libs can't allow that any Republican can have any valid perspective. Everything we do has to be Evul for Evulnesses sake.

MEanwhile the black punks that used to kick your white ass because it was white? THem you understand.

BUT at least you know you are on the side of Good. Since you are certainly against Evul.

So, at what point did the Dems join in? Because they are there now. They were there in 88 when Gephardt tried to make an issue of it, and failed, despite the support of the UAW.

This is me pointing out the reality that while Free Trade got it's start in the GOP, it is now a bi-partisan consensus.

YOu know, if it were not for the bullshit you libs pile on the GOP, Trumps message of walking back that "Free Trade" would be pulling tons of those old Rust Belt dems to him.

But, as I have said, you libs can't allow that any Republican can have any valid perspective. Everything we do has to be Evul for Evulnesses sake.

MEanwhile the black punks that used to kick your white ass because it was white? THem you understand.

BUT at least you know you are on the side of Good. Since you are certainly against Evul.
At least you admit you are one of them. Just like the rich called fdr a traitor to his class, I think the same about middle class Republicans. The rich weren't wrong and neither am I.

Cousins younger.

Except. They weren't.

YOu know, like when some con speaks out against Obama, but you just KNOW that that con never spoke out against Clinton so strongly....
As close friends growing up in the 80s no topic was off limits. These parents and kids who were white and didn't know any blacks would say things about blacks I knew weren't true because I knew blacks. I saw the white arrogance and ignorance to what blacks are going through.

I say going through not went through because they are still going through it.

Cousins younger.

Except. They weren't.

Do you know every night the Detroit news has a story or two about someone who got murdered? I just saw one. Every one they interviewed says what a nice guy he was.

I often wonder how many of these black on black crimes are innocent people or criminals. We'll never hear if these people are drug dealers or gang members. I'd love to know.

One could argue the Democrats were for free trade as far back as WWI, where it was one of Wilson's 14 points. Countries that do business are less likely to go to war. Or to use another phrase, we never went to war with a country that had a McDonald's.

But free trade isn't the problem. The problem is a corporate mentality that we need to move our factory to China where they work for slave wages and don't care if their people have to breathe dirty air or drink dirty water. That's what the GOP is for, and if American Workers don't like it, they should give up on silly ideas like the Clean Air Act and Minimum Wage.

He lives on a planet where flying the Confederate Flag and comparing the First Lady to a Wookie aren't even a little bit racist.

did that Con ever suggest Clinton wasn't born here, or compare Hillary to a Wookie?

I probably agree, the Dems have given up on this issue when they shouldn't have.

But please note the GOP Establishment will throw the election to Hillary before they ever let Trump roll back free trade.

Oh, I don't think your leaders are doing it for "evilness' sake". I think it's a very calculated plan again going back to Nixon's Southern Strategy. On one side, whittling away at the nice white middle class through free trade, union-busting, At-will employment, "right to work", and on the other hand, playing on white middle class fears about minorities, gays, abortion, religion, and sexual equality.

So that's why even though Republicans appointed 8 of the 12 SCOTUS justices since 1973, Roe v. Wade has never been overturned. They don't want to ban abortion. That would get a lot of women off their asses to vote them out of office. They just want to keep the Christian stupids voting against their own economic interests because abortion makes them so darned angry.

Forum List

Back