Mexico mayor assassinated one day after taking office

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

So how could this have happened?

Could it be that murderers who go around shooting innocent people for their political beliefs, might (gasp) refuse to obey gun-restriction laws?

Maybe Mexico needs to consider some other course, rather than making laws restricting guns from people who obey laws.

And maybe the U.S. should take the hint, too.

--------------------------------------------

AFP
3 hours ago
Jan. 2, 2016

Cuernavaca (Mexico) (AFP) - Several gunmen burst into the home of a newly elected Mexican mayor and shot her dead on Saturday, just hours into her tenure, police said.

Gisela Mota, 33, a left-of-center former member of Congress, was gunned down barely 24 hours after taking her oath of office in the city of Temixco, which is about 90 kilometers (55 miles) from the capital Mexico City.

Temixco is plagued by organized crime and rampant drug trafficking -- problems the slain mayor had vowed to help clean up.

The government of central Morelos state said that two of the suspected gunmen had been killed and one was in custody.

State Governor Graco Ramirez pledged there would be "no impunity."

Morelos has been one of the Mexican states most affected by drug violence plaguing the country, including kidnappings and murders.

More than 100,000 people have been killed or gone missing in a nearly a decade of drug violence nationwide.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, who took office in December 2012, has pledged to reduce the murders, kidnappings and extortion haunting Mexicans.
This fails as a straw man fallacy.

The thread premise contrives the lie that because gun violence might occur in the context of firearm regulatory policy, then such regulatory measures have 'failed,' when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

No firearm regulatory policy has ever been enacted with the intent or promise to stop all gun crime and violence; nor do acts of gun crime or violence 'justify' the repeal of firearm regulatory measures or refraining from enacting additional measures if appropriate.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS ****NO*****AUTHORITY TO REGULATE FIREARMS

NONE

THE SINALOA CARTEL OUGHT TO CROSS OVER THE RIO GRANDE AND TEACH FEDERAL BUREACRATS HOW TO READ THE CONSTITUTION.

I think, no I KNOW capitalism loves poor ghettos. They help keep wages down. Everyone know more people less jobs means lower wages.
So the Democrats that run those cities are greedy capitalist now...

Does that mean Hillary will pay her fair share, or Sharpton will finally pay that 2.6 million in back taxes he owes????

Tax payers dollars at work arming Cartels and you still defend it..............You are a Joke to me.

The Gun INdustry is arming the cartels. I'd be happy to have the government have enough resources to actually combat the problem, but your side has neutered the BATFE to the point of ineffectiveness.
So what's your solution???

Let Obozo keep shipping guns to your ISIS buddies, since Holder got caught arming the Mexican drug cartels and "Fast and Furious" got shut down???

The fact the US Gun industry dumps a quarter million guns into Mexico is a large part of the problem.
Do you mean the guns Eric Holder illegally allowed to be sold to Mexican drug cartels, while he was watching?

Or the hundreds of thousands of guns bought from the U.S. by the Mexican army and various Mexican police departments? Some of which then get stolen (or quietly transferred under various Mexican tables).

Let Obozo keep shipping guns to your ISIS buddies, since Holder got caught arming the Mexican drug cartels and "Fast and Furious" got shut down???

I've told you my solutions many times. You keep making up these straw men because you don't want to discuss those.

Let's start with this.

Complete and thorough background checks to own or purchase guns or ammunition.

Registration of all guns. Having an unregistered gun will put you on the "Cannot buy" for five years.

Holding gun sellers responsible for who they sell guns to.

Allowing the victims of gun violence to seek compensation from gun dealers and manufacturers.

[]
Do you mean the guns Eric Holder illegally allowed to be sold to Mexican drug cartels, while he was watching?

Or the hundreds of thousands of guns bought from the U.S. by the Mexican army and various Mexican police departments? Some of which then get stolen (or quietly transferred under various Mexican tables).
[/QUOTE]

NO, I mean the ones that are bought in gun stores in the United States and regularly walked across the border, about 250,000 a year by most estimates.

[]

NO, I mean the ones that are bought in gun stores in the United States and regularly walked across the border, about 250,000 a year by most estimates.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like bullshit.

Why carry guns across the border when you can just bride cops or soldiers to give them to you?

I've told you my solutions many times. You keep making up these straw men because you don't want to discuss those.

Let's start with this.

Registration of all guns. Having an unregistered gun will put you on the "Cannot buy" for five years.

Allowing the victims of gun violence to seek compensation from gun dealers and manufacturers.
So Holder and Obozo should be prosecuted and incarcerated for providing Mexican drug cartels with guns, right???

And Brian Terry's family should be compensated from their assets???

Or are you going to try to maintain that Democrats are "special", and the rules don't apply to them (again)????

Let's start with this.

Having an unregistered gun will keep you alive

Not Having an "unregistered gun" and dead will put you on the "Cannot buy" forever.

WAKE UP DINGLEBERRY.

Mexico has some very strict gun laws, worse than anything here except perhaps for Chicago, DC and other such crime-ridden hellholes.

Uh Mexico has a right to own guns in their constitution, just like we do. their guns laws aren't really all that strict. The fact the US Gun industry dumps a quarter million guns into Mexico is a large part of the problem.
Na, not really.
One only has to blame the total lack of criminal control in Mexico. dumbass

Why carry guns across the border when you can just bride cops or soldiers to give them to you?

Yeah, somehow I don't think a cop or a solider who loses his weapon is going to be a cop or a soldier for very long.

I know that the one time a rifle disappeared when I was in the service, they put the whole brigade on lockdown and searched each and every person's gear until they found it. I suspect the Mexican Army is equally thorough about lost weapons.

So Holder and Obozo should be prosecuted and incarcerated for providing Mexican drug cartels with guns, right???

Or are you going to try to maintain that Democrats are "special", and the rules don't apply to them (again)????

No.

The gun that killed Brian Terry was not bought from Holder. It was bought from a gun store. (Probably. They haven't actually identified WHICH weapon killed Terry, but never mind that. You guys have your hate radio talking points.)

Yeah, somehow I don't think a cop or a solider who loses his weapon is going to be a cop or a soldier for very long.

I know that the one time a rifle disappeared when I was in the service, they put the whole brigade on lockdown and searched each and every person's gear until they found it. I suspect the Mexican Army is equally thorough about lost weapons.

I suspect they are not.

I suspect they are a corrupt and completely penetrated organization that leaks guns like a rainy day.

No.

The gun that killed Brian Terry was not bought from Holder. It was bought from a gun store. (Probably. They haven't actually identified WHICH weapon killed Terry, but never mind that. You guys have your hate radio talking points.)

A gun store that was told to sell the weapon so it could be "tracked". By Obama's administration.

Having an unregistered gun will keep you alive

Not Having an "unregistered gun" and dead will put you on the "Cannot buy" forever.

WAKE UP DINGLEBERRY.

Guy, a gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of your family than a bad guy.

Wake up, Dingleberry. The Gun industry has sold you a lie.

They did?

It is a lie that free people have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to bear arms to defend themselves?

What a miserable piece of shit.

Ok, why was the GOP mayor voted out in 62? They're message wasn't resonating with voters.

Do you know how many big three union workers vote Republican? A lot of them too. Why do they do that? Because they are comfortable with their finances and so have the luxury of being ignorant and voting against their own self-interest. Point is if you would give blacks jobs and security they too would start voting Republican but so far you haven't shown them shit

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.
Same reason they'll never make the CEO of the piggly wiggly the CEO of gm. There is so much the piggly wiggly CEO doesn't know. Ie ignorant.

Like I'm ignorant of dungeons and dragons.

Your assumption that those who disagree with you and vote contrary to WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS THEIR INTERESTS, are voting that way because they are "ignorant" is just your mind being closed.

And ironically you being Ignorant of how and why people vote the way they do.
So are you

You want to try to explain that one?
Im sure you think people who dont vote the way you do are wrong. No?

Hey, if Americans prefer Republican rule they can have it. I'm just one vote.

I don't think Republican voters are dumb. I think people who don't vote are dumb.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.
Same reason they'll never make the CEO of the piggly wiggly the CEO of gm. There is so much the piggly wiggly CEO doesn't know. Ie ignorant.

Your assumption that those who disagree with you and vote contrary to WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS THEIR INTERESTS, are voting that way because they are "ignorant" is just your mind being closed.

So are you

I don't think Republican voters are dumb. I think people who don't vote are dumb.

No. I think I generally have a good grasp of why people who disagree with me vote the way they do.

Unlike LIberals, I do NOT believe that they have to be Stupid or Evul to disagree with me.

I find that people are quite happy to talk about themselves and what they believe.

Some times I read between the lines, when the stated reasons are fairly thin. A tactic I have been using sometimes is to aske someone, if you found evidence that that stated reasons was not the case, would it change your vote?

YOu are the one assuming that all these conservative people are conservative BECAUSE they are ignorant.

That was pretty feeble.

So are you

No. I think I generally have a good grasp of why people who disagree with me vote the way they do.

Unlike LIberals, I do NOT believe that they have to be Stupid or Evul to disagree with me.

I find that people are quite happy to talk about themselves and what they believe.

Some times I read between the lines, when the stated reasons are fairly thin. A tactic I have been using sometimes is to aske someone, if you found evidence that that stated reasons was not the case, would it change your vote?

YOu are the one assuming that all these conservative people are conservative BECAUSE they are ignorant.

That was pretty feeble.
Oh but don't we vote GOP because we want free stuff? Isn't that the general consensus among Republicans? We're not makers we're takers

So are you

That was pretty feeble.
Oh but don't we vote GOP because we want free stuff? Isn't that the general consensus among Republicans? We're not makers we're takers

MOst liberal middle class white self identify as liberal because it provides them with an identify that defines them as the GOod Guy vs the Evul Racist Republicans.

As a member of that group, they can tell themselves they are good people and will have a large group reinforcing that message as long as they toe the line in all important matters.

Forum List

Back