MGT advocates for "cooling off period" for voters moving from blue to red states.

She didn't say that, cooling off period (not sure what that means) is not the same as
barring them from voting.

But, kind of reminds me when the gov. of Ca. was kicking around the idea of taxing
people who who were moving out of state.

Politicians say the oddest things.
You can’t vote while you are “cooling off”

What makes MTG think that blocking people from voting will make them want to vote Republican?

Only the elite men were allowed to vote.
By the time the United States Constitution was ratified (1789), a small number of free blacks were among the voting citizens (men of property) in some states.[11] The United States Constitution did not originally define who was eligible to vote, allowing each state to determine who was eligible. In the early history of the U.S., some states[which?] allowed only white male adult property owners to vote, while others[which?] either did not specify race, or specifically protected the rights of men of any race to vote.[12][13][14][15] Freed slaves could vote in four states.[16] Women were largely prohibited from voting, as were men without property. Women could vote in New Jersey until 1807 (provided they could meet the property requirement) and in some local jurisdictions in other northern states. Free Blacks could also vote in these jurisdictions[which?], provided they could meet the property requirement. In New Jersey particularly, these property requirements were purposely set quite low.[17]

Somebody didn't read the whole article and apply critical thinking, and we all know who you are. You need to cite what she actually said, not what the guy responding to her tweet said.
Do you believe that those who move from blue states to red states should have a "cooling off period" before being allowed to vote? Yes or no?

How many of our so-called right wing supporters of the Constitution agree with her?
Red states need to erect large numbers of billboards that direct Democrats to follow the signs and keep them pointed to the next blue state.

She didn't say that, cooling off period (not sure what that means) is not the same as
barring them from voting.

But, kind of reminds me when the gov. of Ca. was kicking around the idea of taxing
people who who were moving out of state.

Politicians say the oddest things.
Wrong.

A Constitutional right delayed is a Constitutional right denied.

Whatever Greene ‘means’ would be a violation of the 14th Amendment right to due process and equal protection of the law.

Not that you and other conservatives care about the Constitution, of course.

I did....the link.

But, unfortunately, due to stalking issues, even tho I created this thread, I'm gonna bow out. Feel free to start a con-versation with me if you want to con-tinue. Unless this post disappears before you see it. ;)
so let me ask you,,
if a person leaves a state because of failed political decisions dont you think that person should take some time and reflect on those poor decisions and if they supported them when they were made or when they voted for the people that passed them??

or should they just do what they did that caused them to leave ??

Wrong.

A Constitutional right delayed is a Constitutional right denied.

Whatever Greene ‘means’ would be a violation of the 14th Amendment right to due process and equal protection of the law.

Not that you and other conservatives care about the Constitution, of course.
your premise is a lie,,

she never said anything about voting,, just taking time to reflect on their failed decisions,,

Do you believe that those who move from blue states to red states should have a "cooling off period" before being allowed to vote? Yes or no?
Since she didn't say that, the question's really moot, isn't it? Why don't you address the fact that you didn't really read the article?

I did....the link.

But, unfortunately, due to stalking issues, even tho I created this thread, I'm gonna bow out. Feel free to start a con-versation with me if you want to con-tinue. Unless this post disappears before you see it. ;)
Why you hit an run artist....Start a thread on a false premise to smear, then when your feet get held to the fire for misrepresenting what the Congressperson said, you want to run...Well, go ahead coward...

You're a liar.

"On Wednesday, Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene advocated that people moving from Democratic-leaning states to Republican-leaning states should be temporarily barred from voting." ibid
got a link??

and if delaying the right to vote is a denied right then if course waiting for a background check for a gun is also a denied right??

Once they’ve seen the wonders of red state living, they’ll change their ways.

Friday night high school football and dinner at Denny’s! What could be better than that!

Forum List

Back