Michael Brown had robbed a Quick Trip just before the fatal shooting

The dictionary says youre incorrect. Felon is a legal term. Its not subject to debate. You are either convicted of a felony or you are not. Your opinion doesnt matter on this.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=what+is+a+felon

My dictionary definition states "Felon - a person who commits a felony".

It doesn't say conviction is a requirement.

Felon | Define Felon at Dictionary.com

So I went to the legal dictionary.

It says BOTH definitions are correct.
Felon An individual who commits a crime of a serious nature, such as Burglary or murder. A person who commits a felony.

West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

felon n. a person who has been convicted of a felony, which is a crime punishable by death or a term in state or federal prison. (See: felony)

Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right reserved.
[URL="http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/felon"
]NO read it again it says quite clearly A PERSON who COMMITS a felony ..
CANT HAVE COMMITTED IT IF YOU HAVNT BEEN convicted SUSPECTS are PRESUMED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
THE PERSON WAS ACCUSED OF COMMITTING A FELONY NOT QUITE THE SAME AS convicted

You really hatchet the quotes, but you and Asclepias are mistaken.

YOU know if you committed a felony, just like you know if you told a lie.

Whether you are caught or convicted is irrelevant.

Committing the act is the key, not being convicted.

A person who lies is a liar regardless of whether they are ever caught in a lie.

A person who commits a felony is a felon, regardless of whether they caught or convicted.

Those are the facts.

It's hard not to laugh at liberals and blacks when they always, ALWAYS, jump the gun and valorize victims who turn out to be thugs.

Who set the story in motion? The accomplice. Now that's a trustworthy guy.

Police chief just admitted the officer in question didnt know anything about the alleged robbery.

Didn't seem like he had enough time to review the video, even if this was the cop responding to the call from the convenient store worker...from complaint call to Michael's death was around 30 minutes? In the op's link, it says the cop VIEWED the surveillance video and interviewed the Indian store clerk....I think?

And I DID NOT see any cigars being 'stolen' in the pictures from the op's link either.... I saw water bottles in mike's hand, but no cigars? Maybe the video will clear that up?

What bothers me is why did these pictures get put out early on, without the video itself?

Once again the black community rallies behind a classic loser

Nice

-Geaux

Black people are not happy about unarmed kids being shot. We are not rallying behind you to do that.

Why won't the black community rally to decrease the 4,500/year black on black murder rate? The only reason they rally is out of hatred of whites. I feel it is kind of sad as they wouldn't do it if this was a black cop...I see this as racism on their part.

I am not saying that I know everything about the case and the cop probably gulity, but if it takes a WHITE person to piss off the community. Well, I'll just say that maybe the death of the young man isn't at the heart of the issue. Look at the slint cnn is putting into their headlines this morning...It is to tell all whites that we're evil and we should disarm the police. This kind of headline is developed to spark rage and hatred.

Last edited:
Also, if it turns out that the cop shot the young man in the back from 35 feet away. I hope he gets the death penalty, but only after he gets his day in court. I am more concerned at the racism of the media and the community at large as of this moment.

Police chief just admitted the officer in question didnt know anything about the alleged robbery.

Didn't seem like he had enough time to review the video, even if this was the cop responding to the call from the convenient store worker...from complaint call to Michael's death was around 30 minutes? In the op's link, it says the cop VIEWED the surveillance video and interviewed the Indian store clerk....I think?

And I DID NOT see any cigars being 'stolen' in the pictures from the op's link either.... I saw water bottles in mike's hand, but no cigars? Maybe the video will clear that up?

What bothers me is why did these pictures get put out early on, without the video itself?

Reporters repeatedly asked Jackson why the police had released the report about the robbery if it was unrelated to the shooting. Brown's family has accused the city police of "trying to assassinate the character of their son," and the police have declined to release various information related to the shooting itself, citing the ongoing investigation
Police: Officer Who Shot Teen Did Not Stop Him Because Of Robbery

Hey black parents, (CNN tried to make a whine earlier) How about telling your children not to do crime for a living.

Jezzz....

How do you know if a crime was committed and even if it was Michael Brown in the video?

Update at 10:45 p.m. ET: The Robbery Report

While Chief Jackson didn't directly link Brown to the robbery at a convenience store, the police materials released Friday mention Brown by name, along with another man named Dorian Johnson.

The report of a strong-arm robbery is in a packet of materials police released today. It includes an incident report that transcribes surveillance video in which Brown and Johnson are described entering the store and picking up a box of Swisher Sweet cigars.

:

"Brown hands a box of Swisher Sweets to Johnson. An apparent struggle or confrontation seems to take place with Brown, however it is obscured by a display case on the counter. Meanwhile, Johnson sets the box he was handed back on the counter. Brown turns away from the counter with another box of Swisher Sweet cigars and walks toward the exit door."

The names of the people who were working at the store are whited-out of the report. But the report says one of them attempted to stop the men from leaving the store without paying – and that Brown grabbed them and pushed them away before leaving with the cigars.

Images from the materials, which police say were taken by the store's surveillance cameras, show a large man grabbing a smaller man by the shirt and forcing them away from him.

The police report states that the two incidents — the robbery and Brown's shooting — are related. It was written by an officer who said:

"I responded to that scene and observed Brown. After viewing Brown and reviewing this video, I was able to confirm that Brown is the primary suspect in this incident. A second person, also at that scene, identified himself as being with Brown. That person was later identified as Dorian Johnson. After observing Johnson and reviewing the video, I confirmed he is the second suspect in this incident."

We'll note that Dorian Johnson was the witness earlier this week, giving a vivid description of Saturday's shooting and saying he was only an arm's length away when the first shots were fired.

On the top-right corner of the robbery report, its case status is listed as "exceptionally cleared."
Ferguson Police Release Name Of Officer Who Shot Michael Brown : The Two-Way : NPR

My dictionary definition states "Felon - a person who commits a felony".

It doesn't say conviction is a requirement.

Felon | Define Felon at Dictionary.com

So I went to the legal dictionary.

It says BOTH definitions are correct.
Felon An individual who commits a crime of a serious nature, such as Burglary or murder. A person who commits a felony.

West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

felon n. a person who has been convicted of a felony, which is a crime punishable by death or a term in state or federal prison. (See: felony)

Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right reserved.
[URL="http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/felon"
]NO read it again it says quite clearly A PERSON who COMMITS a felony ..
CANT HAVE COMMITTED IT IF YOU HAVNT BEEN convicted SUSPECTS are PRESUMED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
THE PERSON WAS ACCUSED OF COMMITTING A FELONY NOT QUITE THE SAME AS convicted

A person who lies is a liar regardless of whether they are ever caught in a lie.

A person who commits a felony is a felon, regardless of whether they caught or convicted.

Those are the facts.

No Mizzo. They are not a felon unless convicted. Ask your attorney or a cop.

Last edited:

Not the way I understand it.

[Chief] Jackson said [officer] Wilson , along with other officers, were called to the area after a 911 call reporting a "strong-arm robbery" at a nearby convenience store. He didn't immediately release details about the alleged robbery, saying more information would be released later.

Ferguson police say Michael Brown was suspect in robbery | Fox News
Do you have a link?

Reporters repeatedly asked Jackson why the police had released the report about the robbery if it was unrelated to the shooting. Brown's family has accused the city police of "trying to assassinate the character of their son," and the police have declined to release various information related to the shooting itself, citing the ongoing investigation
Police: Officer Who Shot Teen Did Not Stop Him Because Of Robbery
OMG! He stopped them because they were walking down the middle of the street stopping traffic?!

That's is most certainly racial profiling!:D

Once again the black community rallies behind a classic loser

Nice

-Geaux

Black people are not happy about unarmed kids being shot. We are not rallying behind you to do that.

Why won't the black community rally to decrease the 4,500/year black on black murder rate? The only reason they rally is out of hatred of whites. I feel it is kind of sad as they wouldn't do it if this was a black cop...I see this as racism on their part.

I am not saying that I know everything about the case and the cop probably gulity, but if it takes a WHITE person to piss off the community. Well, I'll just say that maybe the death of the young man isn't at the heart of the issue. Look at the slint cnn is putting into their headlines this morning...It is to tell all whites that we're evil and we should disarm the police. This kind of headline is developed to spark rage and hatred.

Who told you Black people are not working to decrease the Black on Black the murder rate and what does that have to do with you as a white person or this story? Control your serial killers, mass murderers, and DUI drivers. You obviously have no clue what Black people do so why are you commenting?

[Chief] Jackson said [officer] Wilson , along with other officers, were called to the area after a 911 call reporting a "strong-arm robbery" at a nearby convenience store. He didn't immediately release details about the alleged robbery, saying more information would be released later.

Do you have a link?

Not yet. I just watched him say it with my own eyes on CNN.

Who told you Black people are not working to decrease the Black on Black the murder rate and what does that have to do with you as a white person or this story? Control your serial killers, mass murderers, and DUI drivers. You obviously have no clue what Black people do so why are you commenting?
If blacks didn't kill blacks they would likely be 20 - 40% of the US population today given birthrates. They have been especially successful since the 60s.

Those are the facts.

No stupid. They are not a felon unless convicted. Ask your attorney or a cop.

Yes, they are, it's been proven several times in this thread, with documentation and links.

You may choose to ignore facts, it is your right to remain intentionally ignorant.

But the fact remains.

If blacks didn't kill blacks they would likely be 20 - 40% of the US population today given birthrates. They have been especially successful since the 60s.

I dont get your point or what it has to do with this story or you as a white racist actually? Are you complaining about less Black people?

Last edited:

Do you have a link?

Not yet. I just watched him say it with my own eyes on CNN.

CNN huh??
Continue on Comrade with your News Network, I wondered what kind of folks made that 5% viewership up .... now I know, ROFLMFAO!!

Committing a crime is committing a crime. Even against an alleged bad person. Just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean they deserve to be shot.

You of all people should know that.
If Brown gave the cop a reason to arrest him, which doesn't take much, and Brown resisted arrest, and punched the cop, which is felonious assault, the cop then had cause to use deadly force.

If Brown did in fact commit the robbery, even if the cop didn't know that, Brown knew it and was behaving as a fleeing felon by resisting, assaulting the cop, and trying to seize his firearm.

The nature of this incident has taken a dramatic turn -- and my ambivalence is beginning to shift.

Do you have a link?
Jackson also said the officer involved shooting, Darren Wilson, was unaware of the robbery at the time he stopped Brown.

"It had nothing to do with the stop" that led to the shooting, Jackson said.

Asked why Officer Wilson stopped Brown, the police chief said because Brown was "walking down the street blocking traffic."

Ferguson Police Release Name Of Officer Who Shot Michael Brown : The Two-Way : NPR

Forum List

Back