Michael Brown had robbed a Quick Trip just before the fatal shooting

I wonder what the difference between shop lifting, burglary, theft and robbery are in Missouri?

Just wondering why people are saying this was a robbery at the convenient store? Each State has its own rules and laws on it...I suppose? some States have shop lifting of over $1000 then turns to a higher level crime than a misdemeanor...some States have it over $400....this kind of thing that changes...and sentencing also...each State would seem to have their own laws....?
They are all theft. Shoplifting is obvious, robbery is by force and burglary is breaking and entering secretively. The amount stolen is only legally relevant in shoplifting.

At least so I think, but google is better at this than I.

I wonder what the difference between shop lifting, burglary, theft and robbery are in Missouri?

Just wondering why people are saying this was a robbery at the convenient store? Each State has its own rules and laws on it...I suppose? some States have shop lifting of over $1000 then turns to a higher level crime than a misdemeanor...some States have it over $400....this kind of thing that changes...and sentencing also...each State would seem to have their own laws....?
From an earlier post I made
Robbery in the second degree.
569.030. 1. A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree when he forcibly steals property.

2. Robbery in the second degree is a class B felony.

(L. 1977 S.B. 60)

They are all theft. Shoplifting is obvious, robbery is by force and burglary is breaking and entering secretively. The amount stolen is only legally relevant in shoplifting.

At least so I think, but google is better at this than I.

It depends if he used a gun or if he acted with force such as with his body. Different degrees

:eusa_hand: IF THE CHARGE OF ROBBERY IS TRUE, the cops should have arrested the other guy AT THE TIME of the shooting and let it be known that they were both suspects in a violent robbery. Then there would have been no four days of rioting.

Surely you can see that Ernie.

At the time of the riots it was thought to be a "walking while black" stop. If the cops had not been so close hold on information relevant to the stop, they could have prevented much of the violence

Their SWAT team tactics only made matters worse

The problem is, he wasn't stopped for the robbery. Which they have admitted to. He was stopped for walking down the street.
Brown should be in jail, not in the ground.
He is not in the ground for walking in the street or for robbery. He is in the ground because he grew up believing his massive size was his ticket to do as he pleased -- including resisting arrest and attacking a cop.

WOW how the fuck you can twist what Patriots stand for while defending a thug who stole from an immigrate small business owner goes beyond common expectation of comprehension.

This kid stole a box of cigars.

You "Patriots" helped the 1%ers steal the whole fucking middle class.

You talk smack all day about how you needs to have your guns so you can take on the "gummit" when they oppress you.

Shooting a kid in the middle of the street after he surrendered because he stole a $50.00 box of cigars. I can't imagine that being anything but "oppression".
It's not what he stole. It's the way he went about stealing it that offends the civilized mind. And whether or not you can understand that says a great deal about you.

What Michael Brown did was not only unlawful it was absolutely primitive, which is why I have no regret for what happened to him. He was an arrogant bully and the world is better off without him.
How did he go about stealing it...he pushed the clerk away...

Did he pull a knife on him? Did he pull a gun on him? did he punch him in the face? Did he beat the living crap out of him? All things he could have done that would have been horrific....and much worse...but he DID NOT do any of those things....

so what is it that bothers you SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, to believe this guy deserved death, when it comes to this shop lifting theft? that he was a bully? Well, that bothers me as well....but NOT to the depth that he DESERVED to be killed, as many of you guys seem to think?

The theft should have nothing to do with the way Brown was killed...we need to know what happened at the time of the shooting, and nothing else before that should even come in to the picture imo.

And the cop could very well have been justified, OR NOT? We just don't know yet....

You talk smack all day about how you needs to have your guns so you can take on the "gummit" when they oppress you.

Shooting a kid in the middle of the street after he surrendered because he stole a $50.00 box of cigars. I can't imagine that being anything but "oppression".
It's not what he stole. It's the way he went about stealing it that offends the civilized mind. And whether or not you can understand that says a great deal about you.

What Michael Brown did was not only unlawful it was absolutely primitive, which is why I have no regret for what happened to him. He was an arrogant bully and the world is better off without him.

Did he pull a knife on him? Did he pull a gun on him? did he punch him in the face? Did he beat the living crap out of him? All things he could have done that would have been horrific....and much worse...but he DID NOT do any of those things....

so what is it that bothers you SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, to believe this guy deserved death, when it comes to this shop lifting theft? that he was a bully? Well, that bothers me as well....but NOT to the depth that he DESERVED to be killed, as many of you guys seem to think?

The theft should have nothing to do with the way Brown was killed...we need to know what happened at the time of the shooting, and nothing else before that should even come in to the picture imo.

And the cop could very well have been justified, OR NOT? We just don't know yet....

He was a badass in his mind he was big and thought he could get his way with everybody even the police.

I think its funny that he committed strong arm robbery, but then got shot for jay walking. What a fucking dumbass! :lol:

I have read what happened a few times. Trust me, I usually support the cop on these things. My uncle was shot in the line of duty. Brown should have been tased etc., not shot while he was running away.
We don't know Brown was shot while running away. We know the witnesses say he was. And we also know that a cop would have to be either crazy, stupid, or somehow mentally disoriented to shoot at a fleeing subject. In fact it is quite naive to presume this cop didn't know what would come of doing what these witnesses are claiming he did.

What the hell is wrong with people who enjoy the idea of 17 year old kids dying?

I'm sure you meant 18 year old man. Because you are informed on this case.

And nobody "enjoys" it.

Most of us are only after the truth.

And the truth is that all is not as it has been portrayed in the media.

I think its funny that he committed strong arm robbery, but then got shot for jay walking. What a fucking dumbass! :lol:
I'll wager he was high and rushed to cop after a previous altercation. I'll also wager his IQ was low even for his race.

I wish we had video of the actual shooting, and maybe it is out there but we just haven't seen it yet...but we have NO IDEA what happened.

There has been so much INTENTIONALLY false information disseminated in the media that I question EVERYTHING we think we know about this shooting.

There is no evidence that Brown was shot in the back and no concrete evidence that Brown was surrendering.

There as conflicting witness statements that we know of already, and the key witnesses testimony are questionable.

The "gentle giant" turned out to be a giant attacker.

And had the clerk not relented, the assault on him would have been much worse, based on Brown's aggressiveness in the video.

The fact is, we don't know much, and what the media is reporting is mostly biased bullshit.

Watch the videos of Chief Jackson's press conferences, and compare that to what has been reported in the media.

Media is full of crap on Ferguson - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yep, I've seen it too.

Notice what ISN'T said.

No mention that Brown raised his hands or tried to surrender.

A pretty important fact to be omitted, don't you think?

Especially considering how incredulous the others are that the police killed Brown.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in my previous post.

I suspect that what we think we know just ain't so.

I don't like being lied to. They've been lying to us, trying to paint this as something else.

I don't like being lied to. They've been lying to us, trying to paint this as something else.

The moment I heard his freind say "the cop was pulling him into his car", I knew he was a fucking liar. When has anyone EVER seen a cop pull someone into his squad car onto his lap?

Isnt it amazing, you have all these witnesses, and they ALL fucking lied! What is wrong with those people? This is why I don't believe the vast majority of accusations of racism. Black people in urban communities constantly fucking lie. They cant be trusted at all, and it has nothing to do with skin color. They have a shitty culture that needs serious overhauling. What a fucking burden on society they are. Its so unfair to the rest of us, and we have to pretend like everything is cool if we don't want to be called racists.

And how would he pull in a young man who's 300 lbs and 6'5"?

That Cop must've been a werewolf or something.

The problem is, he wasn't stopped for the robbery. Which they have admitted to. He was stopped for walking down the street.

Brown should be in jail, not in the ground.

Why are you leaving out all the details between the time he was stopped and the time he was shot ?

I have read what happened a few times. Trust me, I usually support the cop on these things. My uncle was shot in the line of duty. Brown should have been tased etc., not shot while he was running away.
What makes you think the officer was issued a taser? They pulled all those in Charlotte because they had two deaths from using one in as many years.

What the hell is wrong with people who enjoy the idea of 17 year old kids dying?
Brown was not a 17 year-old "kid." Through the eyes of civilized society he was an 18 year-old over-grown bully and a strongarm robber.

Forum List

Back