Michael Cohen office raided by FBI

Experts are pushing back on Trump’s claim about the legal privilege.

Legal experts pushed back on Trump’s claim that attorney-client privilege ― a legal safeguard for confidential communications between an attorney and a client ― is “dead.” Lawyers, including Daniels’ attorney, Michael Avenatti, disputed the president’s suggestion that the FBI search of Cohen’s office violated the protection:

As tweeted by George Conway, an attorney and the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, the Department of Justice defines when an attorney can legally be subject to a search.

“There are occasions when effective law enforcement may require the issuance of a search warrant for the premises of an attorney who is a subject of an investigation, and who also is or may be engaged in the practice of law on behalf of clients,” the Justice Department says on its website.

More: Trump Fumes Over Michael Cohen Raid: 'Attorney-Client Privilege Is Dead'

Trump is just trying to bullshit his uneducated base to keep them enraged.

Bootney is correct - Trump could be convicted for the most heinous crimes, get frogmarched and the adoring flock will collectively lose their minds and fly off on the tail of a comet.

Should be entertaining

Show-me-the-man-and-Ill.jpg

When a liberal icon like Alan Dershowitz says this raid is wrong, then it's pretty bad stuff. This is an attack on attorney-client privilege. Bunch of nazis.

Sorry for you..we are entering the time of the decline of the tin-foil hat folks and the banishment of the science deniers--your day is through.

Rule of law is making a comeback--and your only happy place is soon going to be these message boards..where you can spew to your heart's content...without it making a bit of difference.

When a liberal icon like Alan Dershowitz says this raid is wrong, then it's pretty bad stuff. This is an attack on attorney-client privilege. Bunch of nazis.
Really?? Dershowitz has been on Trump's pecker from the beginning. I note you don't quote all the other lawyers who say that attorney/client privilege is not threatened by this at all. Pathetic attempt at spin..but I understand..it's all you have.

Sorry for you..we are entering the time of the decline of the tin-foil hat folks and the banishment of the science deniers--your day is through.

Rule of law is making a comeback--and your only happy place is soon going to be these message boards..where you can spew to your heart's content...without it making a bit of difference.
Yes, my scientific superiors like you who insist humans can change sex upon a whim and there is no difference between male and female. :laughing0301:

No surprise.

Dershowitz is like me -- a liberal.

Not many of us left, apparently.

On a procedural note, if the communications obtained are properly screened and passed to the judge for in camera inspection, the privilege remains intact.

This action is very rare, and must meet a high burden. This could end the Trump presidency, or it could end the careers of the judge and prosecutors.

Let's see what they've got.

Really?? Dershowitz has been on Trump's pecker from the beginning. I note you don't quote all the other lawyers who say that attorney/client privilege is not threatened by this at all. Pathetic attempt at spin..but I understand..it's all you have.
ALAN DERSHOWITZ: ‘Deafening Silence of ACLU’ After Raid on Trump Lawyer ‘Really Appalling.’

It really galls you lefties that a liberal icon like Dershowitz would defend Trump, huh. Funny.

ALAN DERSHOWITZ: ‘Deafening Silence of ACLU’ After Raid on Trump Lawyer ‘Really Appalling.’
"If this were Hillary Clinton [having her lawyer's office raided], the ACLU would be on every TV station in America jumping up and down," he said. "The deafening silence of the ACLU and civil libertarians about the intrusion into the lawyer-client confidentiality is really appalling."

Amen.

Can't believe how gleeful some of these tools have been over this serious intrusion.

What should be the consequences if this raid produces nothing?

This is not a Witch Hunt. This is not a Nothing Burger. This is not a Fishing Expedition. This is a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION. And so far 13 Russians have been indicted, 3 Trump campaign advisors have pleaded guilty and 1 Trump campaign manager has been charged with conspiracy.

It was given to New York because just like the bought and paid for judge on The FISA Court, they had a Dead Ringer in New York who has no problems wiping his ass with The Constitution.

The Southern District of New York is a federal district court.

:lol:

You understand that the US attorney prosecuting this case is a Trump appointee, right?
What case is being prosecuted?

Couldn't tell you. We'll just have to wait and see.
You just claimed the prosecuting attorney is a Trump appointee. Now you claim there is no case being prosecuted.

You lefties lie so fast you can't keep anything straight.

I think you should re-read my post, fuckwit.

You don't seem to have mastered the whole reading comprehension thing.

Trump will take no prisoners in October.

Mueller is going to be lucky if he's housed in Gitmo after this

Yea...yeah...yeah....trump threw Cohen under the bus. Now the roosters are coming home to roost.
Bingo. Trump could have just copped to a campaign finance violation. Nobody goes to jail or has an election set aside. Now, apparently because he wanted to keep the payoff to Stormy not about his election, Cohen may be going the Denny Hassert route

It was given to New York because just like the bought and paid for judge on The FISA Court, they had a Dead Ringer in New York who has no problems wiping his ass with The Constitution.

You understand that the US attorney prosecuting this case is a Trump appointee, right?
What case is being prosecuted?

Couldn't tell you. We'll just have to wait and see.
You just claimed the prosecuting attorney is a Trump appointee. Now you claim there is no case being prosecuted.

You lefties lie so fast you can't keep anything straight.

I think you should re-read my post, fuckwit.

You don't seem to have mastered the whole reading comprehension thing.
Thread is right there, shitforbrains.

Try to learn to write in English what you wish to communicate next time.

Dan Bongino melts down: “Fire Bob Mueller, fire this guy now. This is a disgrace. We investigate crimes, we don’t investigate people”

I honestly believe the reason The Deep State is going after Trump is because he does not want to go to War with Russia over Syria, and he also is not down with Corporate America abusing our Immigration Laws and NAFTA to benefit themselves at the expense of The American People.

Clinton not only vowed to start World War III stating to her Wall Street Investors in her famous speech detractors call-

Dead $oldiers For Dollar$

Where she said, "War in The Middle East with Russian and Syria should not be looked as a problem, but rather it should be looked as an Investment Opportunity"

She also proposed dissolving our Borders with Mexico and Canada, and getting rid of The Dollar in favor of The Amero.

North American monetary union - Wikipedia

The Deep State

5c06446c59040647f3333507c00ceea0.jpg

All these DrumpF Criminals wanted in the 2016 elections was being able to profit off the Deproables after losing.

The Great Douche winning the Election has done them no good. LOL!

I honestly believe the reason The Deep State is going after Trump is because he does not want to go to War with Russia over Syria, and he also is not down with Corporate America abusing our Immigration Laws and NAFTA to benefit themselves at the expense of The American People.

Clinton not only vowed to start World War III stating to her Wall Street Investors in her famous speech detractors call-

Dead $oldiers For Dollar$

Where she said, "War in The Middle East with Russian and Syria should not be looked as a problem, but rather it should be looked as an Investment Opportunity"

She also proposed dissolving our Borders with Mexico and Canada, and getting rid of The Dollar in favor of The Amero.

North American monetary union - Wikipedia

The Deep State

View attachment 187176

Interesting way to Save FACE! DOPers are the Craziest peoples!

Omg let hillary go!
Whining about Hellary and Bozo is all they've got, besides ad hominem attacks.
I wonder if there'll be a spike in suicides when Mueller finally moves on the Orange Turd.
They've got plenty of guns, watch for terrorism committed in the name of patriotism.

Most Republicans have too much to lose to do anything stupid. They will all hope a couple of crazy right wing nuts snap and represent them but honestly, most of them talk tough but would give up their guns if Nancy Pelosi knocked on their doors. They'd cry about it but they'd give them up. Why? Too much to lose.

Even I have too much to lose to snap if Republicans ban abortion, steal elections (2000) or they do away with the EPA. I certainly won't be taking up arms and neither will most of these snowflakes. LOL.

Seriously though. Fuck these bitches. If we didnt't revolt when Bush stole Florida, they won't revolt when we impeach Trump for being the criminal we all knew he was before he got elected.

Forum List

Back