Michael Steele: Republicans at a crossroads

Pheonixops

Proud Liberal
Jan 27, 2012
On the tennis courts
Here's a nice article from Michael Steele. I wonder why he seems to play a second role to Cain, Carson, and West? I think his message is a good one.

GOP ‘lost its voice’

Republicans lost their voice on the things that mattered not long after the 2004 elections; and by 2008 that gap between our rhetoric and our actions had grown to the point that our credibility had completely snapped. From the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the implosion of the nation’s economy, more and more Americans began to view the party as out of step with the direction they believed the country should be heading. To make matters worse, what many inside and outside the arty failed to understand was it wasn’t the fault of our ideals or the principles we espoused, but rather the failure of our leadership to honor those principles.

Over time, our principles had morphed into baser motives. We became more interested in red vs. blue state politics, egged on by political know-it-alls and high-priced consultants. The net effect of their “leadership” diminished the noble vision of the Party of Lincoln—the party I had joined at the tender age of 17—as the GOP became the party of big government Republicanism.

It should be no secret to Republicans by now that the country has changed and continues to do so. You don’t need to spend a million bucks to figure that out. Nor do Republicans have to keep repeating “we need to reach out to [fill in the blank].” Shut up and do it already!
Michael Steele: Republicans at a crossroads | theGrio

The GOP switched from being a sometimes decent party to a group of nutters that have no ideas and can only explode in fauxrage every other day. They continue to make themselves look like a group of people that hate America.

Anyone that doesn't hate the america that obama is making is insane. Hating obamamerica is the only reasonable position to take.

I believe it is Obama who is at a crossroad. One path leads out of his current situation the other leads deeper in. The path he takes is HIS choice.

The GOP switched from being a sometimes decent party to a group of nutters that have no ideas and can only explode in fauxrage every other day. They continue to make themselves look like a group of people that hate America.

Last edited by a moderator:
This country and this people seem to have been made for each other, and it appears as if it was the design of Providence, that an inheritance so proper and convenient for a band of brethren, united to each other by the strongest ties, should never be split into a number of unsocial, jealous, and alien sovereignties.

a quote of his from the federalist papers.

You can not avoid the history of our founding becuase it outs your historically failed ideas.

the federalist papers will out live every one of us

I believe it is Obama who is at a crossroad. One path leads out of his current situation the other leads deeper in. The path he takes is HIS choice.

obama doesn't have a real choice. He can gracefully resign, or get chased around as a political cripple for the next 3 years. His presidency is over.

I am just loving this fauxrage. It's almost as exciting as Herman Cain's presidential run. And it will ensure a Democratic presidential win in the next election.

Keep up the good work, nutters.

Here's a nice article from Michael Steele. I wonder why he seems to play a second role to Cain, Carson, and West? I think his message is a good one.

GOP ‘lost its voice’

Republicans lost their voice on the things that mattered not long after the 2004 elections; and by 2008 that gap between our rhetoric and our actions had grown to the point that our credibility had completely snapped. From the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the implosion of the nation’s economy, more and more Americans began to view the party as out of step with the direction they believed the country should be heading. To make matters worse, what many inside and outside the arty failed to understand was it wasn’t the fault of our ideals or the principles we espoused, but rather the failure of our leadership to honor those principles.

Over time, our principles had morphed into baser motives. We became more interested in red vs. blue state politics, egged on by political know-it-alls and high-priced consultants. The net effect of their “leadership” diminished the noble vision of the Party of Lincoln—the party I had joined at the tender age of 17—as the GOP became the party of big government Republicanism.

It should be no secret to Republicans by now that the country has changed and continues to do so. You don’t need to spend a million bucks to figure that out. Nor do Republicans have to keep repeating “we need to reach out to [fill in the blank].” Shut up and do it already!

Why didn't Steele try to change things when he was GOP Party Chairman in 2009-2010?

GOP ‘lost its voice’

Why didn't Steele try to change things when he was GOP Party Chairman in 2009-2010?

he still lost his job anyway

no love of the founders words on the right here.

they fear them like they were daggers to their hearts

Anyone that doesn't hate the america that obama is making is insane. Hating obamamerica is the only reasonable position to take.

The economy is looking up, more American CITIZENS are being treated as the equals they should be, OBL is DEAD, and we have pulled out of Iraq and are pulling out of Afghanistan.

I know you hate these things.

Forum List

Back