Michael Steele: Republicans at a crossroads

[
2010 tea party massive wins

2012 karl rove and romney *cough*

now 2014.......

I do hope everyone knows that Romney made the RNC back off benghazi. Including a commercial the RNC was going to run.
Romney wouldn't let them. He wanted to keep on his "economic message".

mebbe, td, but I still think if we had stayed on msg with economics and away from the other stuff the GOP would have won.

Here's a nice article from Michael Steele. I wonder why he seems to play a second role to Cain, Carson, and West? I think his message is a good one.

GOP ‘lost its voice’

Republicans lost their voice on the things that mattered not long after the 2004 elections; and by 2008 that gap between our rhetoric and our actions had grown to the point that our credibility had completely snapped. From the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the implosion of the nation’s economy, more and more Americans began to view the party as out of step with the direction they believed the country should be heading. To make matters worse, what many inside and outside the arty failed to understand was it wasn’t the fault of our ideals or the principles we espoused, but rather the failure of our leadership to honor those principles.

Over time, our principles had morphed into baser motives. We became more interested in red vs. blue state politics, egged on by political know-it-alls and high-priced consultants. The net effect of their “leadership” diminished the noble vision of the Party of Lincoln—the party I had joined at the tender age of 17—as the GOP became the party of big government Republicanism.

It should be no secret to Republicans by now that the country has changed and continues to do so. You don’t need to spend a million bucks to figure that out. Nor do Republicans have to keep repeating “we need to reach out to [fill in the blank].” Shut up and do it already!
Michael Steele: Republicans at a crossroads | theGrio

This is why Steele is no longer head of the RNC he apparently listens to fake Republicans and Democrat controlled media.

What have Republicans lost since 2008? Republicans own the state governorships and state governments in general. They have gained seats in the Senate. Hell the democrats couldn't even beat an admitted adulterer for a congressional seat. The Republicans show no sign of losing control of the House and have done a great job in holding back Obama and the Democrats. Steele, and others like him, are out of touch they think going liberal is a winning hand, it is not.

The Republicans have lost control of the national government.

It threw away the presidency twice, allowed the TPM to give the Dems the Senate in two straight elections, and to shrink a GOP House majority.

If the GOP fails to reach out to women and minorities, the Dems will have more than half of the governorships and state legislatures.

The Republicans have lost control of the national government.

It threw away the presidency twice, allowed the TPM to give the Dems the Senate in two straight elections, and to shrink a GOP House majority.

If the GOP fails to reach out to women and minorities, the Dems will have more than half of the governorships and state legislatures.

Republican moderates colluded with Obama and ran two of the worst campaigns ever. It had to be intentionally because no one could suck as bad as McCain or Romney accidentally

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Republican moderates colluded with Obama and ran two of the worst campaigns ever. It had to be intentionally because no one could suck as bad as McCain or Romney accidentally

Frank has finally admitted he is a conspiracy nut. OK. I have waited for years for the proof here.

The reactionaries are the RINOs, Toro, and the mainstream GOP is repudiating them and much of the social traditionalist philosophy. We are moving on into the 21st century, and that baggage is being dropped. Get on board, kid, or get left at the station.

Frank has finally admitted he is a conspiracy nut. OK. I have waited for years for the proof here.

Juan McCain ran one of the worst campaigns in history, was that his plan?

Frank, you have finally shown your hand that you are a nutter. End of you. Tuff dat.

Juan McCain ran one of the worst campaigns in history, was that his plan?

If didn't matter what kind of campaign he ran, Obama is black he was going to win regardless. Obviously regardless of the economy. Regardless of the division in the country. Romney was head and shoulders above Obama in PROVEN ability. Why Republicans think that 'being nice" is going to win elections should take a lesson off of Obama.

As you have said often fake Republicans only want Republicans to be more liberal. BS that is a losing hand and I am tired of the double agents that think themselves smarter then everyone else when in fact their BS is as plain as day. F them let them go independent or go to the democrats we need real Republicans not Jake Republican, oops I meant fake, same thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back