Michelin USA Closing Ardmore, OK Tire Plant

Why make tires in Oklahoma for a hundred bucks when you can in Mexico for 19.99?

A Big Mac meal is now about 18 bucks....

Think hard

Mexico is cheaper because USAID builds those maquilas for them at govt. expense, but right wingers never ever complain about that. We also took in most of their poverty problems, so they can drive down wages here, too.

Michelin is also a French company, not American, anyway.

In my opinion, somebody is orchestrating all these labor strikes. It has been one after another for the past few months. I have never seen anything like this.
It wouldnt surprise me.
I can understand UPSs anger, though. People getting paid less for being at UPS longer. Simply because covid required them to hire more workers and had to pay them more. That was some bullshit. Thats about as far as it goes, though.

how many companies in US bought that bs and disappeared overnite cause Mexican labor was so cheap......cheap because its crap

It's so bad people buying GM cars would only buy the models that had the Canadian made engines in them for years.

Many of them 'disappeared into Mexico' because the U.S. govt. built them infrastructure for their plants and then gave them huge tax breaks for moving. Same with companies like Fruit Of The Loom, who moves their factories to El Salvador; what is funny about that was they went bankrupt a year or two later anyway, and it was one of their brilliant executives whmo Bill Clinton paid to negotiate the NAFTA treaties. lol

In my opinion, somebody is orchestrating all these labor strikes. It has been one after another for the past few months. I have never seen anything like this.

lol so gun them down. Uppity proles don't deserve to get paid at all, it's such a grand privilege to even be allowed to work for such wonderful shareholders and CEOs at all.

the country. They were minor tweaks that have no impact on the country. Far and away the biggest change was us getting to put our initials first in the new name
through al this you havent said a single word about what biden is doing to stop this,, would that be because you know what he is doing is making it worse??

I don't really care. How's that?

You loons want a gazillion dollars a hour and benefits and then wonder why your tires are costing 150 a piece.

You're fckn stupid
Apiece. Not a piece, you illiterate goon!

My tires cost a lot more than $150 apiece.

I don't really care. How's that?

You loons want a gazillion dollars a hour and benefits and then wonder why your tires are costing 150 a piece.

You're fckn stupid
The size of the wheel has more to do with price. Have 20" wheels, you pay more. $150.00 doesn't get you much and hasn't for a long time.

not from the sounds of this thread,,
Sounds. That's what you thrive on. Sounds. What people SAY, rather than what they DO. That's why you love Trump so much. He's "all sound and fury, signifying nothing".

What's behind the growing number of manufacturing jobs in the US?​

manufacturing-jobs.jpg

Factory Jobs Are Booming Like It’s the 1970s

Ever since American manufacturing entered a long stretch of automation and outsourcing in the late 1970s, every recession has led to the loss of factory jobs that never returned. But the recovery from the pandemic recession has been different: American manufacturers have now added enough jobs to regain all that they shed — and then some.

[snip]

Covid-19 crimped global supply chains, making domestic manufacturing more attractive to some companies. Federal stimulus spending helped to power a shift in Americans’ buying habits away from services like travel and restaurants and toward goods like cars and sofas, helping domestic factory production — and with it, job growth — to bounce back much faster than it did in the previous two recessions.

Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen said that the recovery of manufacturing jobs was a result of the unique nature of the recession, which was induced by the pandemic, and the robust federal response, including legislation like the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan of 2021.

Forum List

Back