Michelin USA Closing Ardmore, OK Tire Plant

Sounds. That's what you thrive on. Sounds. What people SAY, rather than what they DO. That's why you love Trump so much. He's "all sound and fury, signifying nothing".

What's behind the growing number of manufacturing jobs in the US?

manufacturing-jobs.jpg

Factory Jobs Are Booming Like It’s the 1970s

Ever since American manufacturing entered a long stretch of automation and outsourcing in the late 1970s, every recession has led to the loss of factory jobs that never returned. But the recovery from the pandemic recession has been different: American manufacturers have now added enough jobs to regain all that they shed — and then some.

[snip]

Covid-19 crimped global supply chains, making domestic manufacturing more attractive to some companies. Federal stimulus spending helped to power a shift in Americans’ buying habits away from services like travel and restaurants and toward goods like cars and sofas, helping domestic factory production — and with it, job growth — to bounce back much faster than it did in the previous two recessions.

Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen said that the recovery of manufacturing jobs was a result of the unique nature of the recession, which was induced by the pandemic, and the robust federal response, including legislation like the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan of 2021.
didnt obama get the law repealed that allows the US government to produce propaganda??

I will go with what I see on the streets not some government graph,,

I remember when Yugoslavia produced most of the European tires. Now it's Serbia. Most every major manufacturer makes tires there.
It's always been the low labor cost thing.
They are the same factories. Just an FYI.

The plant is old. New tire manufacturing, processes and technology has rendered the plant inefficient.

Here is the statement from the largest tire manufacturer in the world...

Last edited:
FYI, many new plants have been built.

Yes, but the factories in Serbia, are the same ones that were producing in Yugoslavia. They have merely added more production capabilities, but it is all in the same region it has always been.

Yes, but the factories in Serbia, are the same ones that were producing in Yugoslavia. They have merely added more production capabilities, but it is all in the same region it has always been.
Toyo, Cooper and Sumitomo all have new plants.

Toyo, Cooper and Sumitomo all have new plants.
Yup. The europeans have a long tradition of concentrating production of products in single areas. Knives and edged weapons come from Solingen. Guns from Oberndorf, etc. etc. All a holdover from the Guild era of european industrial development.

through al this you havent said a single word about what biden is doing to stop this,, would that be because you know what he is doing is making it worse??

There is nothing to do to stop this, it is not the Govt's job to stop this

through al this you havent said a single word about what biden is doing to stop this,, would that be because you know what he is doing is making it worse??

Well. I suppose we could Nationalize the company and maintain it as a Government Owned entity.

or just reduce the taxs and regulations that caused the problem,,,

Those regulations that are a problem. Things like OSHA which reduces and tries to eliminate employee injuries and deaths? Ok. I’ll agree. If you will agree to a minimum of seven zeros in every settlement the company would pay for negligence caused injury lawsuits.

Environmental protection regulations? Ok. I’ll agree. If you agree to have Republicans living around the factory.

EEOC regulations? Ok. I’ll agree. If you will agree to have the labels on the tires include the phrase we detest minorities.

And Taxes? Ok. I’ll agree. I’ll eliminate the requirement of companies to pay taxes. This eliminating the idea of corporate personhood. But that means companies can’t sue anyone. It means companies have no rights under the law. They have no right to privacy, no right to patents, and no right to own property. No rights to confidential information or communications. No right to refuse to answer questions of law enforcement. No right to demand a subpoena or warrant for information requests by LEO’s.

I think this is a really bad deal for Companies. I’d even say it was a bad deal for the people of the nation. But I’ll agree if you really want. But I’m betting you don’t want any of the bad that goes with the cuts. You just want what you want.

Those regulations that are a problem. Things like OSHA which reduces and tries to eliminate employee injuries and deaths? Ok. I’ll agree. If you will agree to a minimum of seven zeros in every settlement the company would pay for negligence caused injury lawsuits.

Environmental protection regulations? Ok. I’ll agree. If you agree to have Republicans living around the factory.

EEOC regulations? Ok. I’ll agree. If you will agree to have the labels on the tires include the phrase we detest minorities.

And Taxes? Ok. I’ll agree. I’ll eliminate the requirement of companies to pay taxes. This eliminating the idea of corporate personhood. But that means companies can’t sue anyone. It means companies have no rights under the law. They have no right to privacy, no right to patents, and no right to own property. No rights to confidential information or communications. No right to refuse to answer questions of law enforcement. No right to demand a subpoena or warrant for information requests by LEO’s.

I think this is a really bad deal for Companies. I’d even say it was a bad deal for the people of the nation. But I’ll agree if you really want. But I’m betting you don’t want any of the bad that goes with the cuts. You just want what you want.
of course you have to go to the most extreme of cases,,

so instead of having americans working you would rather benefit off the slave labor of other countries so you can pay a cheaper price,,

Forum List

Back