Michelin USA Closing Ardmore, OK Tire Plant

youve said some crazy shit in your days but this takes the cake,,,

We have the 6th lowest corporate tax rate in the G-20

Only Russia, SA, UK, Singapore and Switzerland have a lower rate.

We have the 3rd lowest corporate tax rate in the Americas. Mexico has a far higher corporate tax rate.

China has a higher corporate tax rate, India has a higher corporate tax rate. Why are things so cheap to make there if corporate tax rates are the problem?

We have the 6th lowest corporate tax rate in the G-20

Only Russia, SA, UK, Singapore and Switzerland have a lower rate.

We have the 3rd lowest corporate tax rate in the Americas. Mexico has a far higher corporate tax rate.
up until trump we had the 2nd highest on the planet,, at this point we are just below average,,

this is all happening due to more than just taxs,,

so tell me what is joe doing to bring american companies back here??

and please dont use the green energy scam since thats falling flat on its face,,

Why make tires in Oklahoma for a hundred bucks when you can in Mexico for 19.99?

A Big Mac meal is now about 18 bucks....

Think hard
You watched Hannity last night, didn't ya?
I turned it one for a few minutes and saw Hannity claim that a Big Mac meal was $18.
So don't tell me you didn't watch Hannity.

In my Ultra Expensive State, a Big Mac Meal is Still $9.59
Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 2.34.02 PM.jpeg

If the said companies want americans to do the jobs for the same wages other countries do that should be a non starter. I'd gladly advocate for nobody applying.

After 50+ years, Michelin will quit producing passenger car tires in Ardmore. The company says they can't compete with tires made in Thailand, Mexico, and Turkey.
This closure means the loss of 1400 jobs.

The main reason Michelin tire in Ardmore couldn't compete in Ardmore, Okla. is because it was a Union worker tire plant.

Cheap labor entails no effort. That's not american. We work harder than any other nation by far. No comparison.

of course you have to go to the most extreme of cases,,

so instead of having americans working you would rather benefit off the slave labor of other countries so you can pay a cheaper price,,

Interesting. If we don’t build the wall and stop the “invasion” we are destroying America for Americans. If we protect Americans and American Companies, we are benefiting slave labor in other nations. The nations those people who are “invading” us are trying to escape.

Interesting. If we don’t build the wall and stop the “invasion” we are destroying America for Americans. If we protect Americans and American Companies, we are benefiting slave labor in other nations. The nations those people who are “invading” us are trying to escape.
I guess since youre changing the subject youve surrender on the topic at hand,,,

Forum List

Back