Going vegan to save the planet

Hilariously false, and ignorant. I've been vegan for almost 9 years, and I'm WAY healthier now than I was in my pre-vegan days. And every time I've gotten my bloodwork done, it always comes back near perfect. And there are tons of people just like me, including people who actually reversed disease by radically changing their diet to a whole foods plantbased diet.

But you don't have to take my word for it.

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life
including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.
What a pile of shite and ignorant in equal measure.

What a pile of shite and ignorant in equal measure.

So I'm lying? And all those Dietetic associations and medical schools are lying? :laugh:

You are not only ignorant, but extremely arrogant and crazy, if that's what you think. I would put my bloodwork results up against yours any day. And if you eat the way you sound like you do, I'll probably outlive you by a couple decades.

You started the NOTHING, clown !!!!

What fruit, veg, or nut do you eat to get docosahexaenoic acid?
Seeds and nuts. I eat a LOT. I also eat many other sources of ALA

For instance, ALA from plant seeds can be converted in the body to all the other types of omega-3 fats: EPA, SDA, DHA, DPA.

However, this conversion is quite inefficientTrusted Source, with rates of less than 3% of ALA being converted to DHA or EPA in males and less than 10% in females — warranting adequate dietary intakes of DHA and EPA

Last edited:
Then I will not be able to save the planet because I'm not vegan

I eat chicken and fish and seafood...that's plenty in a diet

Only thing I don't eat is red meat ..... our four legged animal friends.

I don't eat them.

Only thing I don't eat is red meat ..... our four legged animal friends.

I don't eat them
That's how it starts. I don't eat meat as a moral issue, not to "save the planet" which is pure nonsense. I'm glad you've given up eating mammals though.

That's how it starts. I don't eat meat as a moral issue, not to "save the planet" which is pure nonsense. I'm glad you've given up eating mammals though.

Don't eat mammals but I eat all the rest.

I eat a lot of chicken in different dishes .....and fish you can not imagine! Love it!:)

Don't eat mammals but I eat all the rest.

I eat a lot of chicken in different dishes .....and fish you can not imagine! Love it!:)
If you look into it you'll see that fish has a LOT of problems. If you're going to eat that, everyone advises greatly limiting your consumption. If it was good for you they wouldn't advise that

If you look into it you'll see that fish has a LOT of problems. If you're going to eat that, everyone advises greatly limiting your consumption. If it was good for you they wouldn't advise that

I love salmon.

Grilled salmon with tartar sauce or mustard sauce.....I don't see myself ever stopping...Love!

1725847172212.png

Forum List

Back