Michelle Obama makes kids eat "Healthy" as her own children eat Real food

the school systems are saying they cant afford the menu changes

you say it's all paid for

they must be lying just to mess with your head

lol clown

yea? which ones? the ones in your head? :lol:

also - not every kid who buys school lunch buys it with public money. you don't get that tough, huh?

For years I've had to listen to left wing control freaks scream "stay out of my bedroom". Well that's fine and dandy.

So why the fuck don't you power tripping idiots stay out of my kitchen!. You have no right to dictate to parents what their children eat.

There you have it.

Public school lunches are made in tiny dancers kitchen

any questions?

:lol:

it has already been pointed out to you in some cases home lunches are banned
so yes leftard; the government is replacing the homemaker

no, 1 school had a ban.

out of the millions and millions.

and I was against it.

where are the rest?

oh....right, there aren't any/many or theyd be posted all over this thread

lol.....great point....

republicans have caved to demands that the state feeds poor schoolchildren.....not only lunches but breakfasts as well...

the damn libs can't use their meme of 'starving children' anymore....so they pivot to obesity and healthy foods....it is just part of the continuing attack on the opposition...after this it will be something else...

the point GT stupidly ignores is their real goal is bigger and more controlling government...once in total power they won't give a rats ass about 'the children'....

I support better nutrition in schools and I support free meals and I support those systems that have started sending weekend meals home with kids. I support them to such a degree that I would be willing to cut bloated administrative and teacher payrolls to help fund these things. It is not a left-right/liberal-conservative thing to me in the end. Just so we get there, I am open to funding it however it takes to do it. Raise taxes or reduce pay. Either way is fine with me.

i support arresting parents who send their kids to school unfed....

I see nobody has answered how kids can be both starving AND obese....

Again..how are we helping the starving children of the US by offering fewer calories at school?

you can be starving for nutrition and obese. it's easy.

eat nothing but sugar. you'll get fatter, but you won't be meeting your nutritional needs and you will be, in effect, starving.

processed foods are typical high in calories and low in nutrition - partially because those high calorie/low nutrition ingredients are cheap.

Uh huh.

:cuckoo::eusa_liar:

“The total world population should be not more than 2 billion, rather than the current 5.6 billion [in 1994].” (Cornell University professor David Pimentel, at the American Association for the Advancement of Science)
They believe to have a sustainable economy it is necessary to eliminate the burdens on it by large population.

POPULATION CONTROL an Eco

"To feed a starving child is to exacerbate the world population problem (Lamont Cole)"

"The green movements answer to food shortage is population control. Instead of giving people the tools to grow food, their solution is simply to take away the people. One of the more obvious reasons for diminishing the population is to have centralized control over the masses. It is easier to re-educate them and introduce an earth based philosophy and religion for the future world."
okay... now for the original question

how does expansion of school lunch programs cause anyone to starve?

Sorry, I don't make assumptions like that to determine if one particular issue is right or wrong.

no...you just trumpet how great their program is...without considering the consequences...

what on earth makes you think the Federal Government has the right to control the lunch menu in every public school across America.....?

im sorry - I didn't see that law anywhere

im trying to find it, <looks under bed>

I cant find it anywhere

can you show me where the federal government has mandated the menu for public school lunches into law, or no?>

somewhere between the pen and the phone...

you can be starving for nutrition and obese. it's easy.

eat nothing but sugar. you'll get fatter, but you won't be meeting your nutritional needs and you will be, in effect, starving.

processed foods are typical high in calories and low in nutrition - partially because those high calorie/low nutrition ingredients are cheap.

A lot of unprocessed food is that way too BTW. It is the result of agribusiness favoring yields over nutrition. Not all crops are the same.....but that is probably a subject for another thread on another day.

Personally, I think schools should be allowed money to buy local produce from local farmers as is available for a multitude of reasons.

Why go to all that bother? You believe government knows best. Just skip all you mentioned and seize the children.

Abolish parenting altogether. Grab the kids and be done.

Just have done. Obviously if you believe that children even need weekend meals from the government, hell's just take them away from their obviously unfit parents.

Give er'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inner city children probably should be taken away from their drug-addicted parents who won't feed them but the GOP won't adequately fund the foster care system to allow for that either.

For years I've had to listen to left wing control freaks scream "stay out of my bedroom". Well that's fine and dandy.

So why the fuck don't you power tripping idiots stay out of my kitchen!. You have no right to dictate to parents what their children eat.

There you have it.

any questions?

You need to get up to speed.

Case in N.C where the lunch was unacceptable. Whoopsies hit enter too fast. Little Village Academy in Chicago has banned home made lunches. Stories popping up all over.

Last edited:
lol.....great point....

republicans have caved to demands that the state feeds poor schoolchildren.....not only lunches but breakfasts as well...

the damn libs can't use their meme of 'starving children' anymore....so they pivot to obesity and healthy foods....it is just part of the continuing attack on the opposition...after this it will be something else...

the point GT stupidly ignores is their real goal is bigger and more controlling government...once in total power they won't give a rats ass about 'the children'....

Sorry, I don't make assumptions like that to determine if one particular issue is right or wrong.

no...you just trumpet how great their program is...without considering the consequences...

what on earth makes you think the Federal Government has the right to control the lunch menu in every public school across America.....?

The federal government answers to the giant, insurance companies: thus we have Obamacare and forced feeding of apples and tofu. The New York Libwits tried to ban soft drinks awhile back -- why? -- to save on doctor visits. More money in the pockets of the insurance fat cats and their politician lackeys -- like Bloomberg & Obama Co.

im sorry - I didn't see that law anywhere

im trying to find it, <looks under bed>

I cant find it anywhere

can you show me where the federal government has mandated the menu for public school lunches into law, or no?>

here ya go dimwit:

The past year has been a particularly tough one for child nutrition directors in terms of legislation mandating healthy reforms in school meals. The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act was signed into law in December 2010. In addition to the federal legislation, six states and the District of Columbia enacted some type of school nutrition bill that deals with healthful meals, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Directors agree that reform is needed in their programs, but directors in some states are being hit with mandates from both the federal and state governments, and in some cases those regulations are not the same. Further complicating things is the fact that many of these mandates are unfunded, putting even further strain on already tight budgets

There you have it.

any questions?

You need to get up to speed.

Case in N.C where the lunch was unacceptable.

0h well there ya have it

1 case in 350million people makes it a pandemic

i support arresting parents who send their kids to school unfed....

That's fine too, but in the meantime, of all the things we should be able to agree on, I would think it would be that 8 year olds shouldn't be punished for the sins of their parents, ignorance or otherwise, in a nation that is the breadbasket of the world.

Why go to all that bother? You believe government knows best. Just skip all you mentioned and seize the children.

Just have done. Obviously if you believe that children even need weekend meals from the government, hell's just take them away from their obviously unfit parents.

Give er'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inner city children probably should be taken away from their drug-addicted parents who won't feed them but the GOP won't adequately fund the foster care system to allow for that either.

yawn
ANOTHER LIB LOSER TALKING OUT HIS ASS

it is liberals who want kids to remain with their drug-addicted (mothers usually) at all costs; for reasons that are both ideological and pollitical.
ideological because they favor the woman; and political becausse the Left doesnt want to do anything to reduce the WELFARE STATE

you're simply a clown

Kids cant eat shit for lunch no more...Thanks Obama

debbie-downer-iii-o.gif

Wahhh waahhhh

You were feeding your kids crap for lunch? What kind of parent are you?

here ya go left-wing loser;

A similar mandate is found in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. It also does not provide funding for the regulation. Because the USDA says there is no nutritional value in water, Binkle says, water is not considered part of a reimbursable meal. As a result, the cost of providing water falls solely on the shoulders of foodservice directors.

Another issue is how the water must be distributed: water fountains, bubblers, pitchers of water in cafeterias? Yet another factor is how that water is given to students to drink: cups provided by foodservice programs, cups or containers brought from home?

Like California, Massachusetts also passed a bill requiring districts to provide water to students. Andover&#8217;s Koutroubas says she thinks the requirement is a good one. Before the legislation she offered water for 50 cents, but she had never thought about giving the water away for free. &#8220;[The requirement] is really simple to implement. You have to offer the water for free. You have to provide the cup. We use a container and we keep it in an area where we can monitor it.&#8221;

Koutroubas adds that because the water requirement is unfunded it&#8217;s important for directors to make sure district administrators know the budgetary constraints the child nutrition program are being put under. &#8220;We have to educate our superintendents so that they understand what we&#8217;re up against, so they see us more as a part of the school budget versus contributing to the school budget,&#8221; she says. &#8220;The small amount of money that we receive should be going into the lunch, not the lights or the custodians.&#8221;

&#8220;The water mandate is a challenge,&#8221; agrees Eric Goldstein, chief executive of the Office of School Support Services for New York City&#8217;s 1,700 public schools. &#8220;We are working with the health department to put in water bubblers to see if that&#8217;s the best way. It&#8217;s a little expensive. Alternatively we can put in more water coolers. It&#8217;s a less attractive way to do it, but it does work. [Offering free water] is a good idea. If money weren&#8217;t an issue, if it were funded, we would put in water bubblers. We give [students] cups for free. [Buying cups] does add up quick, but what allows us to do it is we buy in bulk and it drives the cost down.&#8221;

Another hot topic in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act is the proposed meal pattern changes. The new meal pattern requires one cup per day of fruit for breakfast, an increase of one-half cup. There also are increases in the amount of fruits and vegetables that must be served at lunch. In addition, the law mandates a weekly requirement for dark green and orange vegetables and legumes, and limits the amount of starchy vegetables that can be served.

No, I don't care how others feed themselves.

This is a thread regarding how TAXPAYERS feed them. Ding bat.

let's do the same to all TAXPAYER foods...

since you democraps have so much CONCERN that people eat well and don't become obese i suggest you also restrict food stamps to strictly healthy slimming foods....

but we won't ever see that will we.....? ...ur more worried about getting votes.....you know your EBT voters would rebel....

HYPOCRITS from flotus on down...:eusa_hand:

huh?

im 100% and alwayshave been for a mandate for healthier foods when bought with food stamps

Uh-oh. The right wing nutters are going to demand you give back your Liberal card. :eek:

Give er'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our foster care systems are provincially run. I was under the distinct impression that the foster care systems in the US are run by the State and not the Fed.

Am I wrong that your child welfare system is state run?

let's do the same to all TAXPAYER foods...

since you democraps have so much CONCERN that people eat well and don't become obese i suggest you also restrict food stamps to strictly healthy slimming foods....

but we won't ever see that will we.....? ...ur more worried about getting votes.....you know your EBT voters would rebel....

HYPOCRITS from flotus on down...:eusa_hand:

huh?

im 100% and alwayshave been for a mandate for healthier foods when bought with food stamps

Uh-oh. The right wing nutters are going to demand you give back your Liberal card. :eek:

you're right idiot; it SHOULD be you demanding he return it; but we all know you left-wingnuts are idiots and hypocrites; and ignore your own stated values when they are inconveniant

Forum List

Back