Michelle Obama praised for style, warmth in China

Sad that some who consider themselves patriots cannot take pride in the positive impact our brilliant and beautiful 1st lady continues to make abroad..especially in nations critical to our economic well being...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, that might be the case, if it weren't for the UK article talking about how much the Beijing hotel staff hates her and her entourage.

"Most Americans, I think, look for the first lady to take a more passive, nurturing role."

They would be wrong if they did. This world is a world for women and men now, not each confined to definitions of gender roles.

Boy, you guys really hate Michelle Obama. The US Taxpayers have paid for the exploits of every first family at least during our lifetimes....why is it that Michelle should be treated differently?

If it makes you feel any better, I complained even louder when Bush was president, and even louder when Clinton was president. Now I've just sort of start accepting that there's nothing I can do about it. They're in power and we're the peasants who have to pay the taxes to maintain their lavish lifestyle. America became independent only to later become the same type of society they tried to get away from. We've lost.

Sad that some who consider themselves patriots cannot take pride in the positive impact our brilliant and beautiful 1st lady continues to make abroad..especially in nations critical to our economic well being...

If Mrs. BO were an R, you would be buying the media condemnation of her for her lavish spending of tax payer dollars...and her lavish trips.

But since she is a D and there is no media condemnation, its all good.

The hypocrisy is truly amazing.

The hypocrisy is that other (white) First Ladies were never criticized for traveling.

Maybe you just didn't read the papers then?

I'm wondering out loud if Michelle would someday consider running for POTUS. Just food for thought boys and girls.

Michelle Obama praised for style, warmth in China - CBS News

BEIJING -- U.S. first lady Michelle Obama brought the importance of education to the foreground on Sunday on the third day of a visit to China, where she has won praise for her approachability and admiration for her comments supporting freedom of speech.

Hmm, an American news source says she's a hit, but that's not what a European news source says...

Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online

Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' – and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff'

Ironic isnt it? Our press is shutout as she touts freedom of speech and being hailed by the MSM

"Most Americans, I think, look for the first lady to take a more passive, nurturing role."

They would be wrong if they did. This world is a world for women and men now, not each confined to definitions of gender roles.

I don't disagree and I think that expectations will change over time and exposure to more politically active First Ladies or First Men. For now they are few and relatively far between.

I don't disagree and I think that expectations will change over time and exposure to more politically active First Ladies or First Men. For now they are few and relatively far between.
And even more rare these days is the fact that there aren't honorable people filling those roles. 'Cult of personality' rules.

I'm wondering out loud if Michelle would someday consider running for POTUS. Just food for thought boys and girls.

Hmm, an American news source says she's a hit, but that's not what a European news source says...

Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online

Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' – and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff'

Ironic isnt it? Our press is shutout as she touts freedom of speech and being hailed by the MSM
Not really ironic, but cold, calculated manipulation. Design.

The hypocrisy is that other (white) First Ladies were never criticized for traveling.

One, I'm not sure other First Ladies have traveled quite as much as our current First Lady. I may be wrong, I just don't remember quite so much travel form past wives.

Second, in a time when most Americans struggle to pay their bills or find work, it just doesn't look good when the First Family, any First Family, ebarks on seemingly extravagant vacations. Certainly extravagant to the average citizen.

It doesn't look good, and we all know appearances can be everything...

I think it has less to do with the color of her skin and everything to do with appearances...

No other first lady has embarrassed the country like this trash has.

There is really no need to call her "trash."

The only other First Lady that I remember being scrutinised like this is Hillary Clinton. Guess the others knew their place.

Mrs. Reagan was ruthlessly attacked by the MSM for obtaining new china for the White House....even though it did not cost the tax payers a dime.

Hell...W was attacked by the MSM for vacationing on that dirt ranch of his.

BO and Mrs. BO travel/vacation at some of the most exclusive places in the world...and not a peep from the MSM or their sycophantic followers.

Reagan service[edit]

The Reagan state china service was modeled on Woodrow Wilson's china and features the seal of the president of the United States in burnished gold on an ivory background with a border of scarlet. The china was manufactured in the United States by Lenox, and selected by First Lady Nancy Reagan.
State dinners had become so large by the Reagan presidency that none of the china could accommodate the number of guests. First Lady Nancy Reagan ordered 4,370 pieces of Lenox china, enough place settings of 19 pieces for 220 people. This was nearly twice as many placesettings as other recent services. The Reagans wanted a design that would display a strong presence for the subtly colored State Dining Room, now painted white. Nancy Reagan worked closely with Lenox designers to create a pattern with bands in a striking scarlet red, which was her favorite color. The pattern was bordered on each side with etched gold, which created a sparkling contrast with the soft ivory china. The presidential seal was in raised gold in the center, partially overlaying the red border. On pieces such as the service and dessert plates, fine gold crosshatching overlays the red.[3]
The Reagans were often criticized for the $209,508 cost, but the china was not funded by taxpayers. It was paid for by the J.P. Knapp Foundation.
White House china - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BEIJING -- U.S. first lady Michelle Obama brought the importance of education to the foreground on Sunday on the third day of a visit to China, where she has won praise for her approachability and admiration for her comments supporting freedom of speech.

let's bump this lie off for the truth. their about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool

Read more: Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

yankee's go home

the mooch for prez. put this in the humor forum LMFAO !!!

If Mrs. BO were an R, you would be buying the media condemnation of her for her lavish spending of tax payer dollars...and her lavish trips.

But since she is a D and there is no media condemnation, its all good.

The hypocrisy is truly amazing.

And....the card is played yet again... :rolleyes:

Quote: "Michelle Obama praised for style".

Not surprising, because she certainly can't be praised for substance, unless it is in reference to her physical substance.

No other first lady has embarrassed the country like this trash has.

There is really no need to call her "trash."

Normally I would agree but I cant get behind a first lady who knowingly states this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw]Michelle Obama: First Time proud of USA - YouTube[/ame]

and I don't think that this was a misstatement or taken out of context. It is disappointing to see someone that fells like that in such an influential position.

that right there did it for me
and then this from Obama
[ame=http://youtu.be/WDTZS8CGlGQ]Obama's Imbecilic "Bitter" Comment Towards Rural Americans - YouTube[/ame]

let's bump this lie off for the truth. their about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool

Read more: Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

yankee's go home

the mooch for prez. put this in the humor forum LMFAO !!!
The arrogance of the Obamas knows no bounds.

the shallowness of the Obots cult followers and the voting Democrat base should scare us more than anything...It's how someone of no experience like Obama was able to dupe so many and be elected to the highest position over us and our country

Color me shocked.

Sounds like the Chinese who were serving her and her entourge are more than glad to see the backside of that huge ass.

I'm sure my taxdollar was well spent on that $8,350 per night room.

I hope the fixtures were pure gold for that price. WOW talk about a bargain.

Color me shocked.

Sounds like the Chinese who were serving her and her entourge are more than glad to see the backside of that huge ass.

I'm sure my taxdollar was well spent on that $8,350 per night room.

I hope the fixtures were pure gold for that price. WOW talk about a bargain.

the hotel better check their suitcases when they check out, some of those gold fixtures might be missing.

Forum List

Back