🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

She has to be one of the greatest idiots the world has ever seen. From losing her law licence to telling us that she was never proud of America. Now after 8 years of no hope dope, she blames the lack of hope on Trump. What in the Hell is wrong with the left? It is either their way or they say it is hopeless. A real president like Reagan instilled pride in our country, the country where their was never any doubt of Reagan's love.

Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

“We are feeling what not having hope feels like,” Obama told Winfrey in response to a question about whether President Obama had achieved the “hope and change” he promised while campaigning in 2008. As she often did while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, she didn’t mention President-elect Donald Trump by name. But she alluded to the contrast many in the country are feeling since he won the election last month. “We feel the difference now,” she said, noting that her husband had succeeded in keeping his campaign promise of fostering hope. “Hope is necessary. It’s a necessary concept,” she elaborated. “And Barack didn’t just talk about hope because he thought it was a nice slogan to get votes. He and I and so many believed that … what else do you have if you don’t have hope? What do you give your kids if you can’t give them hope?”
The sun is rising on America. People have rejected Democrats at federal, state, and local levels.
Republicans build on their dominance in state legislatures

The problem with saying stuff like this is that, if Trump were to improve things, she looks foolish. My guess is that improvements would be bad news for her.

And the stuff the outgoing President has said after the election (Obama: Trump's victory threatens America's core) - not good form, either.

I can't blame them. Graduating Harvard must be hard, fighting the racism and all. Considering how stupid she has very well proven to be I am really not too sure how hard it really is to graduate Harvard. I really wonder how long 13 percent of the population is going to be allowed to write the narrative.
As long as divisiveness sells.
Funny thing is, Trump made many comments that can be construed as divisive but he won any way. Why? Because as we have been telling the left the country is tired of the left wing BS. Tired of the division over race. You post about PC yet you voted for more of the same with Hillary. That is hard to understand. Trump won because he is an alternative not because he is PC or anything else. Regardless of what anyone says Trump never did listen to the nay sayers who said he would never win if he didn't change. He didn't and he won, because Hillary was just more of the same.

When Trump insults somebody or some people, nobody takes him seriously. It's just his personality and nature. Kind of like when Biden says something off the wall. Nobody really cares that much because it's Biden, and that's just how Joe is.

Some feel that Hillary's now famous Basket Of Deplorables comment was the final straw that broke the camels back. The difference between Hillary and Trump is that when Hillary says something like that, you know she means it. You know it's in her heart. When Trump says something rude or insulting, it's like trying to take Don Rickles seriously.
I voted for Trump not because of what he said but in spite of it. I am happy he is not PC but he takes it too close to the gutter. Maybe that will change a bit, I hope so. As for taking him serious, I think people didn't take what he said seriously because they didn't want to take them seriously. It was all about voting against Hillary who was and still is the clear and present danger.

I think it was a combination of things. The left got so far PC that it made many of us want to vomit. For the party entirely, I think the whole cross dresser in the women's bathroom set the stage. This was especially true for parents that have daughters in public school now ordered to allow these weirdos into their bathrooms and showers.

In the heart of progressive PC came Trump who was just the exact opposite. A breath of fresh air sort of speak.

The problem with saying stuff like this is that, if Trump were to improve things, she looks foolish. My guess is that improvements would be bad news for her.

And the stuff the outgoing President has said after the election (Obama: Trump's victory threatens America's core) - not good form, either.

I can't blame them. Graduating Harvard must be hard, fighting the racism and all. Considering how stupid she has very well proven to be I am really not too sure how hard it really is to graduate Harvard. I really wonder how long 13 percent of the population is going to be allowed to write the narrative.
Funny thing is, Trump made many comments that can be construed as divisive but he won any way. Why? Because as we have been telling the left the country is tired of the left wing BS. Tired of the division over race. You post about PC yet you voted for more of the same with Hillary. That is hard to understand. Trump won because he is an alternative not because he is PC or anything else. Regardless of what anyone says Trump never did listen to the nay sayers who said he would never win if he didn't change. He didn't and he won, because Hillary was just more of the same.
which comments of Trumps were divisive? dont have to list them all, but a couple of the bigger ones would be good to see.

First of all I said construed as divisive. Much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,”

Trump mocked Sen. Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas”

“You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her — wherever.”

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! … I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not s’posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

Chuck Todd, host of NBC’s “Meet the Press,” asked Trump whether that meant he’d pay McGraw’s legal fees. “I’ve actually instructed my people to look into it, yes,” Trump said. “I don’t condone violence,” Trump added, although he also went out of his way to praise McGraw. “He obviously loves his country,” he said. “And maybe he doesn’t like seeing what’s happening to the country.”
ok, lets look at this honestly as I see them. My opinion, not gospel.
the first when he sad they are not sending their best, the reality? they are not. could it be divisive? yes, no question, absolutely, however the division would be between legal U.S citizens and the Illegals. this should not be something that divides our country.
Elizabeth Warren in this case would be the one that was divisive, not Trump. Her claiming Native American heritage in order to enhance her political career was, or should have been objectionable to real Native Americans that have actually lived the life and know what it is to be singled out as different, or less than others.
was Trumps comment offensive? maybe, but I personally dont think so. Pocahontas is at least a name that is associated with a native American.
I dont know though, I have no idea how the native Americans look at this.
His comments on women? uncalled for. he certainly could use a course on eliminating crude comments from his conversations. I just cant find a way to argue in his favor on this. But again is it divisive? maybe, but maybe not.
Then the comments about Fiornas looks. In the first place Im not really sure where that came from, She may not be centerfold material but I dont find her unattractive at all. so, again this falls back to that course on Crudity.
So from what you listed the only really possible divisive comment was the one directed to illegals, and lets be honest who gives a crap if they are offended, dont like it? crawl back to that hell hole you came from that is their home, they dont belong here in the first place.

which comments of Trumps were divisive? dont have to list them all, but a couple of the bigger ones would be good to see.

First of all I said construed as divisive. Much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

“You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her — wherever.”

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! … I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not s’posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

Chuck Todd, host of NBC’s “Meet the Press,” asked Trump whether that meant he’d pay McGraw’s legal fees. “I’ve actually instructed my people to look into it, yes,” Trump said. “I don’t condone violence,” Trump added, although he also went out of his way to praise McGraw. “He obviously loves his country,” he said. “And maybe he doesn’t like seeing what’s happening to the country.”
the first when he sad they are not sending their best, the reality? they are not. could it be divisive? yes, no question, absolutely, however the division would be between legal U.S citizens and the Illegals. this should not be something that divides our country.
Elizabeth Warren in this case would be the one that was divisive, not Trump. Her claiming Native American heritage in order to enhance her political career was, or should have been objectionable to real Native Americans that have actually lived the life and know what it is to be singled out as different, or less than others.
was Trumps comment offensive? maybe, but I personally dont think so. Pocahontas is at least a name that is associated with a native American.
His comments on women? uncalled for. he certainly could use a course on eliminating crude comments from his conversations. I just cant find a way to argue in his favor on this. But again is it divisive? maybe, but maybe not.
Then the comments about Fiornas looks. In the first place Im not really sure where that came from, She may not be centerfold material but I dont find her unattractive at all. so, again this falls back to that course on Crudity.
So from what you listed the only really possible divisive comment was the one directed to illegals, and lets be honest who gives a crap if they are offended, dont like it? crawl back to that hell hole you came from that is their home, they dont belong here in the first place.

Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was not trying to convince you that some of what Trump said was divisive, you apparently disagree. But can you open you mind and see where this rhetoric could be construed as divisive? That's all, just see the other side.

Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was not trying to convince you that some of what Trump said was divisive, you apparently disagree. But can you open you mind and see where this rhetoric could be construed as divisive? That's all, just see the other side.
I look at things realistically, or try to. In order to see the majority of these things as divisive, you would actually have to be looking for something in the first place.
Now in all of these cases I can see where it would put Donald Trump at odd with others, (except with the Warren comment) but I can not see where it would be divisive to the point that it should put a wedge between any groups in the country as a whole.
Maybe thats what Im trying to find out. Why should one person that has never met Trump, suddenly be at odds with another person that has never met Trump because of what Trump said?

The point you're making about how his words were construed is important. Someone who isn't consumed by PC probably wouldn't have given his comments on Mexican illegals a second thought - I'm included, and I'm half Hispanic and our family photos look like a freakin' Celebrate Diversity! poster. I didn't give a shit, but I sure wasn't surprised when the Dems took it and ran with it.

The danger he ran was in giving the PC zealots so much material to inflate and twist. He talked/talks like a guy in a bar, and that's pretty treacherous in politics.

The point you're making about how his words were construed is important. Someone who isn't consumed by PC probably wouldn't have given his comments on Mexican illegals a second thought - I'm included, and I'm half Hispanic and our family photos look like a freakin' Celebrate Diversity! poster. I didn't give a shit, but I sure wasn't surprised when the Dems took it and ran with it.

The danger he ran was in giving the PC zealots so much material to inflate and twist. He talked/talks like a guy in a bar, and that's pretty treacherous in politics.
When I read this story it cemented my vote for Trump.

Suspect in San Francisco woman's death deported 5 times - CNN.com

Just what she said as she was dying tears my heart out. I love SF but what they are doing is treason, in my opinion.

What is clearly hilarious is that PC killed Hillary, or at least finished her off. Her "basket full of deplorables" put Trump over the top, in my opinion. It is one thing to disagree on policy but to insult the majority of the voters, that really was stupid. Thankfully she is that stupid.

Why is talking that way treacherous? He's relating to your average American. That is the way we discuss politics at home, in the bar, at work, and even on message boards.

I'm so sick of these PC words and phrases like immigration reform. Okay, so what is immigration reform? It's where we have to change our laws to accommodate people that come here to break them. Trump will just come out and tell you what it is. Professional politicians will dress it up with a nice phrase like Immigration Reform.

These words and phrases are designed to mislead people. Look at what the left is doing now. Hacking. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear or read the word hacking? You have to dig deeper to find out they are talking about emails and not voting machines. Again, words that are used to mislead people.

Why is talking that way treacherous? He's relating to your average American. That is the way we discuss politics at home, in the bar, at work, and even on message boards.

I'm so sick of these PC words and phrases like immigration reform. Okay, so what is immigration reform? It's where we have to change our laws to accommodate people that come here to break them. Trump will just come out and tell you what it is. Professional politicians will dress it up with a nice phrase like Immigration Reform.

These words and phrases are designed to mislead people. Look at what the left is doing now. Hacking. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear or read the word hacking? You have to dig deeper to find out they are talking about emails and not voting machines. Again, words that are used to mislead people.
It's treacherous only because it's giving his opponents ammunition.

I'm not saying it should be treacherous, but you usually want to avoid playing into your opponents' hands.

Obviously this one helluva exception.

I'm not saying it should be treacherous, but you usually want to avoid playing into your opponents' hands.

You have to remember that we political junkies are a minority in our country. With all these cute phrases and words, many don't even understand what politicians mean when they use them. And unless you are a person ready to dedicate a good part of your day following politics like we do, you won't know what they mean either. You simply nod your head in approval so you don't look stupid.

For those that don't have the time to follow politics like we do, Trump is able to reach them using plain words--not phrases they have to study up on. When you use plain words, those people then understand what is meant. You can call it Bar Language if you like, but it seems to have worked for Trump. He is getting through to those people.

You have to remember that we political junkies are a minority in our country. With all these cute phrases and words, many don't even understand what politicians mean when they use them. And unless you are a person ready to dedicate a good part of your day following politics like we do, you won't know what they mean either. You simply nod your head in approval so you don't look stupid.

For those that don't have the time to follow politics like we do, Trump is able to reach them using plain words--not phrases they have to study up on. When you use plain words, those people then understand what is meant. You can call it Bar Language if you like, but it seems to have worked for Trump. He is getting through to those people.
Sure, I understand that.

But those same people, since they are only on the periphery of the noise of politics, are then subject to a flood of simplistic, bumper-sticker sloganeering.

If your only exposure to politics is people screaming "Trump is a racist!", I'd think you'd develop a predisposition to believing it, no?

Sure, I understand that.

But those same people, since they are only on the periphery of the noise of politics, are then subject to a flood of simplistic, bumper-sticker sloganeering.

If your only exposure to politics is people screaming "Trump is a racist!", I'd think you'd develop a predisposition to believing it, no?

That's a very good point. Look how well it has worked for the left. The sheep come here repeating it like Gospel. It's so to the point that if you say "Good morning, how are you?" They will find race in the comment.

Another good one is that Republicans are for the rich white man and the Democrats are for the poor working man. Many on the left are convinced of that instead of looking at the issues instead. They won't study the assertion or the issues. They just believe what they understand.

We study politics for enjoyment. For others, studying politics is a chore like cleaning the garage. I think it was different years ago as we did not have the entertainment we have today. You have 500 cable or satellite television stations, the internet where you can explore just about any subject that entertains you, so why use that time to research politics? Dirty movies are more fun to watch!

Forum List

Back