Mike Pence Reveals Four Reasons He Is Not Backing Donald Trump

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
‘Former Vice President Mike Pence outlined four reasons he is refusing to back Donald Trump's presidential bid during the Indiana 250 Off the Record podcast, which came out Thursday.

Pence cited Trump's continued belief that Pence should have refused to certify the 2020 presidential election results, his concern that the GOP nominee was pursuing a more "isolationist" foreign policy, the rising national debt and his concern that abortion is deemphasized in the GOP's 2024 policy platform.

Pence, who served as Trump's vice president from January 2017 to January 2021, helped shore up the president's support with the religious right. However, the two fell out badly when Pence defied Trump and certified the 2020 presidential election results in Congress. Trump claimed, without evidence, that the election had been rigged against him, a view that was repeatedly rejected in the courts.

On January 6, 2021, hundreds of Trump supporters stormed Congress in an effort to prevent the election's certification, with some chanting, "Hang Mike Pence."

Speaking on the podcast, which interviews prominent community and business figures in Indiana, Pence said that after Trump secured the 2024 Republican nomination he "reflected on it." He concluded he couldn't offer his endorsement "because the president has not changed his view of my constitutional duties on January 6 and also because I see President Trump leading our party away from many of the policies that we governed on for four years."

Newsweek reached out by email to representatives of Trump's campaign for comment.

Pence also criticized the direction Trump has been taking the Republican Party in on foreign policy. "I see the president and some of his most ardent supporters, including his running mate now, advocate a more isolationist view, which is not my view of the proper role of the United States or the Republican Party."’

There are of course scores of other reasons why not to back – or vote for – Trump.

Pence shouldn't have certified that fraudulent election.
Shame on him and all the Senators that did.
They only did it so they could go on vacation then get back to fleecing the country ASAP.
Buncha no-representing crooks!

Pence shouldn't have certified that fraudulent election.
Shame on him and all the Senators that did.
They only did it so they could go on vacation then get back to fleecing the country ASAP.
Buncha no-representing crooks!

I agree

And if Trump wins, Kamala should not certify an obvious fraudulent election

Because of his past relationship with Trump no one really cares what he has to say any longer.

Being as that Trump only hires the very best I'm not sure how this could happen.

How well do you think putting up a bimbo as your presidential candidate is going to work for you? Hmm? :dunno:
You just said so yourself

Kamala can choose to reject Trump Electoral Votes if she thinks they are fraudulent

‘Former Vice President Mike Pence outlined four reasons he is refusing to back Donald Trump's presidential bid during the Indiana 250 Off the Record podcast, which came out Thursday.

Pence cited Trump's continued belief that Pence should have refused to certify the 2020 presidential election results, his concern that the GOP nominee was pursuing a more "isolationist" foreign policy, the rising national debt and his concern that abortion is deemphasized in the GOP's 2024 policy platform.

Pence, who served as Trump's vice president from January 2017 to January 2021, helped shore up the president's support with the religious right. However, the two fell out badly when Pence defied Trump and certified the 2020 presidential election results in Congress. Trump claimed, without evidence, that the election had been rigged against him, a view that was repeatedly rejected in the courts.

On January 6, 2021, hundreds of Trump supporters stormed Congress in an effort to prevent the election's certification, with some chanting, "Hang Mike Pence."

Speaking on the podcast, which interviews prominent community and business figures in Indiana, Pence said that after Trump secured the 2024 Republican nomination he "reflected on it." He concluded he couldn't offer his endorsement "because the president has not changed his view of my constitutional duties on January 6 and also because I see President Trump leading our party away from many of the policies that we governed on for four years."

Newsweek reached out by email to representatives of Trump's campaign for comment.

Pence also criticized the direction Trump has been taking the Republican Party in on foreign policy. "I see the president and some of his most ardent supporters, including his running mate now, advocate a more isolationist view, which is not my view of the proper role of the United States or the Republican Party."’

There are of course scores of other reasons why not to back – or vote for – Trump.
Good news. I’d be worried if swamp creatures supported Trump.

So in other words he’s a gutless RINO simp who should be a member of the Democrat party. Hopefully Trump will get these RINOs removed from the party sooner rather than later.

It's great you brought this up.

But you clearly didn't think it through.

Pence's last point is Trumps failure to focus on the debt.

This was something I have always been critical of.

However, despite all the number twisting, there is no getting away from the fact that Biden's deficits have been huge compared to Trumps.

Trump should have bludgeoned Biden with this during the debate. He should rake Harris over the coals with it because it's pretty clear she has no idea what she's doing (except let a group of clever people run an amped up PR campaign).

See you in November, dummy.

It's great you brought this up.

But you clearly didn't think it through.

Pence's last point is Trumps failure to focus on the debt.

This was something I have always been critical of.

However, despite all the number twisting, there is no getting away from the fact that Biden's deficits have been huge compared to Trumps.

Actually they haven't been.

Trump should have bludgeoned Biden with this during the debate. He should rake Harris over the coals with it because it's pretty clear she has no idea what she's doing (except let a group of clever people run an amped up PR campaign).

See you in November, dummy.

He didn't because he couldn't.

Actually they haven't been.

San's Covid, trumps worse deficit was less than a trillion (just barely).

Biden hasn't been under a trillion his whole time in office (not even close).

Biden is on track for a 2.6 trillion dollar deficit this year.

Your article is a load of smoke and mirrors. They want to ascribe this to Trump when Biden holds the cards. What a pathetic attempt at deflection.

Your boy owns it. And Harris is going to catch it.
He didn't because he couldn't.

He most certainly could have.

Stop lying.

Forum List

Back