Mike Pompeo "in talks to talk with" Jan 6 committee

From your link....
Sund and Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger also resigned their positions in the wake of the Capitol riot. Sund made the request to activate the National Guard two days before the attack, but said he believes Irving denied the request after consulting with Stenger.
It’s unclear whether Stenger floated the request by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). McConnell’s office did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

1. Your quote above says nothing. Its a "no comment" comment.

2. My quote says something. Irving REJECTED THE REQUEST BASED ON PELOSI'S POSITION
"Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter, Pickle said.

1. Your quote above says nothing. Its a "no comment" comment.

2. My quote says something. Irving REJECTED THE REQUEST BASED ON PELOSI'S POSITION
"Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter, Pickle said.

Your quote also says he never even asked Pelosi.

All my quote did is show that Mitch had just as much power over it as did Nancy.

Your quote also says he never even asked Pelosi.
All my quote did is show that Mitch had just as much power over it as did Nancy.
Your quote said no such thing. Here is your quote regarding Mitch:
"It’s unclear whether Stenger floated the request by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). McConnell’s office did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment."

1. Do you know what "It's unclear" means?????
2. You never proved Mitch has responsibility for overall security like House Rules give to the Speaker.

Next year the New Republican J6 committee should define security responsibilities and prove who dropped the ball.

Forum List

Back