Military Fatter Than Ever

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"For the first time in years, the Pentagon has disclosed data indicating the number of troops its deems overweight, raising big questions about the health, fitness and readiness of today's force."

WHY?!

Liberal influence / direction on military training has diminished the quality of training. You can't 'get in the faces of', can't curse at', can't scream at, can't physically touch them, can't 'offend' the very troops who are being trained to go to WAR where they physically and mentally will NOT be prepared for the harsh, brutal reality of combat! They call it the 'kinder, gentler' military.

:wtf:

As an instructor I would ask my soldiers what their mission was in the military, and most of them for the 1st time would respond back with the unit's mission statement. I quickly snapped at them and reminded them that their mission was to 'KILL PEOPLE AND BREAK THEIR SHIT'! period! I reminded them that as the last resort of failed diplomacy our job was to kill as many people and inflict as much damage we could until the enemy loses the will to fight, that THEY are WEAPONS!

Today's military has gotten soft. Our government has forgotten what the military is for, and thus the military leaders have forgotten what it is for. We are not 'nation-builders' - we 'kill people and break their shit'! 'Hinder Gentler'? That's the F*ing Peace Corp, not the military!

Guidance and leadership from the top is a MAJOR factor of why our military has begun to decline, but our society as a whole has contributed.

Millennials, with their penchant for sedentary activities like playing video games and killing time on social media, aren't always up to the rigors of military life.

America's addiction to fast food - not just the public's addiction but our military as well: all the burgers, fries, cakes and pies served in chow halls around the world!

The military is simply reflecting the nation's broader population, whose poor eating habits are fueling an alarming rise obesity rates.

The military has lost it's discipline!

Not only militarily, one of the things I believe could save this nation is to require all Americans aged 18 to serve 1 4-year stint in the military.

The military should refocus on discipline, on exercise, healthy nutrition, morals, ethics, respect, self-respect, teamwork, and help teach young people a trade.

All those serving need not go into the 'combat' military but could go to units/programs where they are run like the military but whose 'troops' serve their local and state communities after initial 'boot camp' training.

This military is reflecting our society /nation more and more, and we need to do something to turn not only the military but the country as well around. I think this is a way it could be done.

The U.S. military has a huge problem with obesity and it' | MilitaryTimes

"For the first time in years, the Pentagon has disclosed data indicating the number of troops its deems overweight, raising big questions about the health, fitness and readiness of today's force."

WHY?!

Liberal influence / direction on military training has diminished the quality of training. You can't 'get in the faces of', can't curse at', can't scream at, can't physically touch them, can't 'offend' the very troops who are being trained to go to WAR where they physically and mentally will NOT be prepared for the harsh, brutal reality of combat! They call it the 'kinder, gentler' military.

:wtf:

As an instructor I would ask my soldiers what their mission was in the military, and most of them for the 1st time would respond back with the unit's mission statement. I quickly snapped at them and reminded them that their mission was to 'KILL PEOPLE AND BREAK THEIR SHIT'! period! I reminded them that as the last resort of failed diplomacy our job was to kill as many people and inflict as much damage we could until the enemy loses the will to fight, that THEY are WEAPONS!

Today's military has gotten soft. Our government has forgotten what the military is for, and thus the military leaders have forgotten what it is for. We are not 'nation-builders' - we 'kill people and break their shit'! 'Hinder Gentler'? That's the F*ing Peace Corp, not the military!

Guidance and leadership from the top is a MAJOR factor of why our military has begun to decline, but our society as a whole has contributed.

Millennials, with their penchant for sedentary activities like playing video games and killing time on social media, aren't always up to the rigors of military life.

America's addiction to fast food - not just the public's addiction but our military as well: all the burgers, fries, cakes and pies served in chow halls around the world!

The military is simply reflecting the nation's broader population, whose poor eating habits are fueling an alarming rise obesity rates.

The military has lost it's discipline!

Not only militarily, one of the things I believe could save this nation is to require all Americans aged 18 to serve 1 4-year stint in the military.

The military should refocus on discipline, on exercise, healthy nutrition, morals, ethics, respect, self-respect, teamwork, and help teach young people a trade.

All those serving need not go into the 'combat' military but could go to units/programs where they are run like the military but whose 'troops' serve their local and state communities after initial 'boot camp' training.

This military is reflecting our society /nation more and more, and we need to do something to turn not only the military but the country as well around. I think this is a way it could be done.

The U.S. military has a huge problem with obesity and it' | MilitaryTimes

What we need ...

Forum List

Back