Zone1 military spending on longlasting/endless wars while people suffer cripplingly high food and gas prices : should we just vote no to all that?

anything can be done if one gets enough media attention for their different vision.
you'd be competing against other visions (that unipolarism for instance), but by pointing out your own vision's strengths and the others' weaknesses and lack of short-term or even mid-term rewards, one can get elected, for sure.
You sort of lost me there.

I agree that if a President were to simply pull the plug on our involvement in these other nations in the first year of her or his term, the political fallout could be repaired by the time they are running for re-election. But if a president were to campaign on that platform, I think they are slicing their own throat.

Just 30 more years and 30 trillion more...................

Mmm, interesting that the only idea you can imagine, is throwing more money at it. Maybe that thinking is the first place to look.

We used to be able to win wars. Odd we can't seem to any more. Something is different.

I agree that if a President were to simply pull the plug on our involvement in these other nations in the first year of her or his term, the political fallout could be repaired by the time they are running for re-election. But if a president were to campaign on that platform, I think they are slicing their own throat.

Running on disentanglement, would be a viable platform, imo.

That's what Obama ran on. Remember him getting the Nobel Peace Prize? He won running on that.

Mmm, interesting that the only idea you can imagine, is throwing more money at it. Maybe that thinking is the first place to look.

We used to be able to win wars. Odd we can't seem to any more. Something is different.

What exactly did we have to win in Afghanistan? To win, you have to have something to win.

NOT being a safehold for terrorists.

Terrorists..........people who want us to leave them alone. We invade their countries, steal their resources and then consider them terrorists when they fight back.

We win the wars easily
We just can’t win the peace

We are not welcome, they do not treat us as liberators
A functioning, peaceful Democracy does not take hold
Eventually, we give up and leave

Terrorists..........people who want us to leave them alone. We invade their countries, steal their resources and then consider them terrorists when they fight back.

Bullshit. We weren't doing shit to them, when they choose to support Bin Laden.

We win the wars easily
We just can’t win the peace

We are not welcome, they do not treat us as liberators
A functioning, peaceful Democracy does not take hold
Eventually, we give up and leave

No. NOt good enough. We need to be able to win "peaces", like we used to. Or we are fucked.

Bullshit. We weren't doing shit to them, when they choose to support Bin Laden.

They did nothing to support Bin Laden. He lived there. He did nothing to them so they had no reason to do anything towards him.

No. NOt good enough. We need to be able to win "peaces", like we used to. Or we are fucked.
Goes back to we were not invited and are not welcome

US occupiers tend to be arrogant and push Western Culture on nations that want no part of it

They did nothing to support Bin Laden. He lived there. He did nothing to them so they had no reason to do anything towards him.

Dude. He killed thousands of Americans and they refused to hand him over.

You are not doing the concept of PEACE any good, with this nonsense.

You expected them to start some sort of civil war to help us out?

The Shah killed many Iranians and we refused to hand him over even though there would have been no backlash here over that.

LOL, if you say so.

first Ukraine, and soon Taiwan too..?

trillions spent on destruction and reconstruction far away (and that's just Ukraine, after 1 year[1]), while people here (in the EU *and* in the US) need a lot better local economy.
don't top politicians have something better to do than to play with the lives of their voters *and* those living in far-away countries in such a "drunken" way??

[1] Russia’s War in Ukraine to Cost Global Economy $2.8 Trillion, OECD Says
Actually Haiti is next.

And then we invaded and they still didn’t hand him over

Forum List

Back