Milo Yiannopolous gets a book deal...left wants him kept from publishing it...of course...

Constitutional rights to free speech cover actions by GOVERNMENT

You're correct.

Like all they taxpayer supported schools that censored free speech by preventing people like Milo from speaking on campus...those kind of actions by government.

Thanks.

Milo is not allowed to speak on the House or Senate floor either

Doesn't mean Government is restricting free speech just because they don't provide a forum for it

It is when he's invited to speak on campus and students want to hear that speech but the school refuses because they don't like that speech.

Its their playpen...they get to decide who gets to play in it

Free speech does not mean you get to go wherever you please to spout your hate

Thank you for making my point.

You're correct.

Like all they taxpayer supported schools that censored free speech by preventing people like Milo from speaking on campus...those kind of actions by government.

Thanks.

Doesn't mean Government is restricting free speech just because they don't provide a forum for it

It is when he's invited to speak on campus and students want to hear that speech but the school refuses because they don't like that speech.

Crazy Milo has gotten to speak on many campuses
Many of his appearances have led to campus disruptions

They are free to say he is not worth the aggravation

So Milo the twitter twit is playing the victim _again_?

He just can't stand everyone ignoring him.

I mean, the poor baby. People are criticizing his racist crap. Boohoo. What a snowflake pussy.
Ha ha ha you really don't understand or have never listen to Milo speak he never plays the victim.

You're correct.

Thanks.

Yes, censorship.

Thanks again for proving my point.

Yes, censorship.

Thanks again for proving my point.

Freedom of choice

Here is the source material cited.

Publishing Milo Yiannopoulos’ book is wrong. My magazine is fighting back | Adam Morgan

"So I made a decision that has nothing to do with political ideology and everything to do with human rights and decency: the Chicago Review of Books will not cover a single Simon & Schuster book in 2017."

Here is the man admitting that his boycott is unfair.

"Some writers, editors and publicists have pointed out that our decision isn’t fair to hundreds of other Simon & Schuster authors who had nothing to do with the publisher’s decision to sign Yiannopoulos. I agree. It’s unfair. Simon & Schuster will publish some wonderful books in 2017 through imprints I admire, such as 37 Ink, Salaam Reads and Touchstone. But I strongly believe the literary community must hold the publisher accountable."

The OP is factually accurate. Your denial is incorrect.

What point do you think you are making?

I'm warning you!

Don't let me catch you reading that book

The Editor in Chief of a Book Review states that he is punishing a publisher for publishing a book that he disagrees with.

He is violating his professional responsibilities and ethics because his ideology in more important to him.

His view of Liberalism is that is should censor Conservative speech.

You are supporting that.

Liberals: All the self awareness of a turnip.

Milo Yiannopoulos has a first amendment right to freedom of speech

Anyone else has a first amendment right to oppose that speech and oppose those who publish it

Is this a great country or what?

That editor has a right to say what he wants.

Trying to punish someone else for publishing a book is not speech.

That is him abusing his position to pursue ideological ends.

I feel so sorry for Conservative Snowflakes
They are so sensitive these days

Private citizens and businesses are allowed to do anything they wish to show disapproval of what others say and those who make a profit off it

Our country was founded on boycotts..

No one said otherwise asshole.......the whole point is to highlight the anti speech beliefs of the left.....they will do whatever they can to silence people they disagree with.....while American Conservatives believe in more speech, not less.....and the left engages in silencing the opposition every place they can....at universities, and using the government to go after talk radio.....moron.

You're correct.

Thanks.

Not when they accept tax money asswipe.

You're correct.

Thanks.

No...the left wing assholes on the campuses have created disruptions...including charging the stage and refusing to let him speak....

I mean, the poor baby. People are criticizing his racist crap. Boohoo. What a snowflake pussy.
Ha ha ha you really don't understand or have never listen to Milo speak he never plays the victim.

That's why they hate him.......he makes them look like the morons that they are.....

So if you're the majority, why are you pissing yourselves over the threat of boycotts?

Boycotts are a classic tool of liberty that oppressed majorities use to fight back against a tyrannical minority. No wonder they frighten you Stalinists, and have you all blubbering that it's "censorship".

You of the Khmer Rouge are very similar to the Mafia. We have no issue with boycotts, but intimidation from organized thugs is a different story.

I'm warning you!

The Editor in Chief of a Book Review states that he is punishing a publisher for publishing a book that he disagrees with.

He is violating his professional responsibilities and ethics because his ideology in more important to him.

You are supporting that.

Anyone else has a first amendment right to oppose that speech and oppose those who publish it

Private citizens and businesses are allowed to do anything they wish to show disapproval of what others say and those who make a profit off it

No one said otherwise asshole.......the whole point is to highlight the anti speech beliefs of the left.....they will do whatever they can to silence people they disagree with.....while American Conservatives believe in more speech, not less.....and the left engages in silencing the opposition every place they can....at universities, and using the government to go after talk radio.....moron.

Stand tough Snowflake....

You are allowed to patronize or boycott any speech you want. It is all part of being an American

Milo Yiannopoulos is an editor at Breitbart which certainly doesn't tolerate liberal points of view

No...the left wing assholes on the campuses have created disruptions...including charging the stage and refusing to let him speak....

But Conservatives love him........
Free speech goes both ways

He's a "snowflake" and you're a "tea bagger?" :eek:

I think your little brain has scrambled things, yet again.

You are allowed to patronize or boycott any speech you want. It is all part of being an American

Milo Yiannopoulos is an editor at Breitbart which certainly doesn't tolerate liberal points of view

Will you of the Khmer Rouge be enforcing your "boycott" with baseball bats and fire bombs? :dunno:

But Conservatives love him........
Free speech goes both ways

Yeah..it does...if only you left wing morons would understand that.....

You are supporting that.

Because it is a conservative/libertarian site moron........

Here is the source material cited.

Publishing Milo Yiannopoulos’ book is wrong. My magazine is fighting back | Adam Morgan

"So I made a decision that has nothing to do with political ideology and everything to do with human rights and decency: the Chicago Review of Books will not cover a single Simon & Schuster book in 2017."

Here is the man admitting that his boycott is unfair.

"Some writers, editors and publicists have pointed out that our decision isn’t fair to hundreds of other Simon & Schuster authors who had nothing to do with the publisher’s decision to sign Yiannopoulos. I agree. It’s unfair. Simon & Schuster will publish some wonderful books in 2017 through imprints I admire, such as 37 Ink, Salaam Reads and Touchstone. But I strongly believe the literary community must hold the publisher accountable."

The OP is factually accurate. Your denial is incorrect.

What point do you think you are making?

I'm warning you!

You are supporting that.

That editor the sole personal owner of the Book Review he is in charge of?

Or does he have a job to do, that he is not doing?

YOu can't put a liberal in charge of an ice cream stand. They will abuse whatever authority they are given to discriminate against their political enemies.

You're correct.

Thanks.

Calling speech you don't like "hate" is your rationalization of your vile shitty behavior.

You're correct.

Thanks.

Sure they are. If they want to let brownshirts like you shut down Freedom of Speech and the free exchange of ideas.

It's not Milo or his attendees causing the problem. It's people like you.

me thinks it is banning not criticizing. see the difference?

Forum List

Back