Mindless joey says buy a shot gun

Biden proposes that you fire the shotgun in the air to scare off attackers. What he doesn't realize is that most likely you would be arrested for 'discharge of a weapon' that could lead to lengthy jail time.

A 12 gauge shotgun is often way to much gun for a lady to handle. I would also go as far to say that Joe Biden has never fired a 12 gauge inside an enclosed space in the dark. The flash bang will temporarily reduce the senses of the shooter. I would prefer an AR myself.

Last edited:
TM said.....

The majority of people will decide this and you will comply with the laws of our land

Roo said.....

Constitutional Law does not rest on what the "people" want.

You do aree with my statement, don't you TM?

If Roo is suggesting that "majority rule" does not trump a conflicting Constitutional provision, then Truthmatters ought to be agreeing with Roo.

For if that's what Roo is saying, then Roo is plainly right.

Biden proposes that you fire the shotgun in the air to scare off attackers. What he doesn't realize is that most likely you would be arrested for 'discharge of a weapon' that could lead to lengthy jail time.

Depends on where you live.

He lives in a remote area with woods(in his story), so I doubt anyone would hear the shot, let alone have laws on the books that would get you arrested.

Plus, is it agaisnt the law anywhere in America to defend yourself and your property from an attacker?

A 12 gauge is not for a woman to fire unless she is trained correctly.

20 gauge is much better/easier for her to handle.

Joey Biden says get a double barrel shot gun. hmm.. with 00buck loaded, that's 18 bulletts blasted out of both barrels. Talk about an assault weapon !!
I love how he says he told his wife, "I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house."

Sounds like responsible gun ownership. shoot now, ask questions later. Yea I want these yahoos determining our gun policies

Jesse Bonner, owner of Jesse’s Gun Shop in Corsicana, Texas, smacked down Biden’s claim. He told TheBlaze that “our vice president is inaccurate.”

“That would not be true,” he said. “I’ve taught enough ladies to shoot all different types of firearms and I can tell you that the AR-15 is going to be better suited for a lady. It would be better for all-around home defense and it’s one of the most accurate guns out there.”

“The AR-15 is now a mainstream weapon because of its quality design and accuracy,” he added, saying that a shotgun, especially a 12-gauge, can be difficult to use for many people. Smaller women could have even more trouble firing a 12-gauge shotgun due to the recoil.

This is an accurate assessment of Joe Biden's inexperience with the subject. His inept advice could also very easily get his wife killed.

Jesse Bonner, owner of Jesse’s Gun Shop in Corsicana, Texas, smacked down Biden’s claim. He told TheBlaze that “our vice president is inaccurate.”

“That would not be true,” he said. “I’ve taught enough ladies to shoot all different types of firearms and I can tell you that the AR-15 is going to be better suited for a lady. It would be better for all-around home defense and it’s one of the most accurate guns out there.”

“The AR-15 is now a mainstream weapon because of its quality design and accuracy,” he added, saying that a shotgun, especially a 12-gauge, can be difficult to use for many people. Smaller women could have even more trouble firing a 12-gauge shotgun due to the recoil.

This is an accurate assessment of Joe Biden's inexperience with the subject. His inept advice could also very easily get his wife killed.

after the first blast knocks them on their but or dislocates their shoulder they won't be getting off a second shot

You are walking down the city street, minding your own damn business when a pair of thugs armed with 9 mm semi-automatics pick you as their next armed robbery victim.

Is the double barrel shotgun Biden recommends really all that helpful to you in that situation?

I ask because it occurs to me that by the time you raise the shotgun, the bad guys will probably have ventilated you quite thoroughly.

Last time I went shooting, there were a couple of guys at the table next to me with semi-auto handguns. They had backward caps on and held their weapons sideways. The problem for them is that this is a mixed range, rifle and pistol. Closest target positions are 40 yards. At the first line break I looked over, they hadn't hit the target even once. Stand back 25 yards and you're probably safe from most of the bad guys.

The good news is that most thugs aren't good shots. They might hit you, if they're aiming at something else... Just make sure to drop them before they get close.

He lives in a remote area with woods(in his story), so I doubt anyone would hear the shot, let alone have laws on the books that would get you arrested.

Plus, is it agaisnt the law anywhere in America to defend yourself and your property from an attacker?

Someone breaking into my home will be shot by a .38

The first two rounds are rubber pellets. Non-lethal. The other 4 are reverse dum-dums, extremely lethal.

38 Special Rubber Bullets, 38 Special Less than lethal ammunition, 38 Special plastic bullets, 38 Special safety ammo, 38 Special Rubber Ammunition, non lethal 38 Special ammo

You are walking down the city street, minding your own damn business when a pair of thugs armed with 9 mm semi-automatics pick you as their next armed robbery victim.

Is the double barrel shotgun Biden recommends really all that helpful to you in that situation?

I ask because it occurs to me that by the time you raise the shotgun, the bad guys will probably have ventilated you quite thoroughly.

well thats if the cops don't blast you first for walking down the street with a loaded shotgun

Someone breaking into my home will be shot by a .38

The first two rounds are rubber pellets. Non-lethal. The other 4 are reverse dum-dums, extremely lethal.

38 Special Rubber Bullets, 38 Special Less than lethal ammunition, 38 Special plastic bullets, 38 Special safety ammo, 38 Special Rubber Ammunition, non lethal 38 Special ammo

I would be very concerned about being the target of a lawsuit if firing less then lethal rounds.

Forum List

Back