minimum wage in the developed world

• Banned
I guess some think the American peoples work is worth less

We also have the highest corporate taxes in the industrialized world, and the highest number of government regulations on businesses. Add to that an increased minimum wage and it spells doom for our economy.

It is a minimum wage, not a living wage.

We also have the highest corporate taxes in the industrialized world, and the highest number of government regulations on businesses. Add to that an increased minimum wage and it spells doom for our economy.

We are not the highest but I would say VERY close or number 2

I can FULLY agree with the bolded

We are not the highest but I would say VERY close or number 2

I can FULLY agree with the bolded

Japan was higher than us until a few months ago when they lowered their corporate tax rate. Now we are #1.

$untitled.png

Personal and Corporate Tax Income Tax Rates by Country

Source: The Debt of Nations, Citigroup Global Markets

Among OECD countries, Japan has the highest corporate tax rate at 39.5%. The U.S. has the next highest rate at 39.2%. However most U.S. companies do not pay taxes at such a high rate. In fact some of them such as General Electric (GE) do not pay any tax at all due to many legal loopholes Uncle Sam allows for corporations to evade taxes. While corporations are considered as “human” according to U.S. laws they are allowed to evade taxes legally but breathing and living “real humans” will be thrown in jail if they try do the same thing. But despite the preferential treatment of corporations, some people consider the high corporate income tax rate in the U.S. as an impediment to economic growth. They would like the rate to be set at levels like other countries such as Ireland with 12.5% or even Canada or UK with rates under 30%

what is actually paid is far more important than numbers that dont reflect the true reality

Now why do you not want people in the US to be paid better than other countries?

You get paid for what you do. I would almost put money on it that most of minimum wage earners are high schoolers or college.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

this is the founder of the heritage foundation

Its a partisan hack group willing to distroy democracy for their partisain aims

Forum List

Back