Miracles are proof of SOMETHING!

I always say it must have been fun talking about this before Moses claimed to have met god. Before that I would have been skeptical. Would have sounded like wishful thinking. That is before Moses came down with definitive proof. Or the 11 deciles took proof with them around the world as they spread his word.
You still haven't answered my question.

What makes you so certain that the material world is all there is? Do you have any evidence or reason for believing the material world is all there is?

You still haven't answered my question.

What makes you so certain that the material world is all there is? Do you have any evidence or reason for believing the material world is all there is?
No evidence there’s more. Just seems like wishful thinking. And all the religions lie. That helps me believe it’s bs.

It's because they were not coordinated that you see apparent rough spots. Whereas I see an incredible love story between God and man. One that has transformed my life and led me to a better place. And until you test it for yourself you will never know the truth.
You are a lucky man then and I am happy for you. For me, I have no faith in what I can't see for myself. You may not believe it but I am quite happy and content with this and feel no need to search for a 'better place'. Since I don't believe in an afterlife, neither heaven nor hell, I have no fear of being dead. Of course, if someone performed a miracle for me, all that would change 180 degrees, but until then...

No evidence there’s more. Just seems like wishful thinking. And all the religions lie. That helps me believe it’s bs.
No evidence that there's more is not only incorrect it's not a valid reason to argue for certainty that there's not more.

If I recall, you were the one arguing that we can't know what happened before the big bang but you are now arguing that you know for certain that there isn't anything beyond the material world. What gives?

You are a lucky man then and I am happy for you. For me, I have no faith in what I can't see for myself. You may not believe it but I am quite happy and content with this and feel no need to search for a 'better place'. Since I don't believe in an afterlife, neither heaven nor hell, I have no fear of being dead. Of course, if someone performed a miracle for me, all that would change 180 degrees, but until then...
It's not about the destination. It's about the journey. The fact that you keep making this about the destination rather than the journey suggests you have missed the forest for the trees.

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey. The fact that you keep making this about the destination rather than the journey suggests you have missed the forest for the trees.
You got it completely wrong. For me there is NO destination there is only the journey and my journey has gone remarkedly well for me so far.

Much like the ''proof of the gods'' threads which routinely appear in this forum, this thread offers nothing of any ''pwoofs'' for godly induced miracles.

Would anyone care to offer an event in human history that demonstrably establishes a supernatural (unnatural) event, one that can be directly attributed to any one of the gods?

Of course I want to believe. I used to believe. And no event made me not believe.

Im not mad at god. I just don’t believe one exists.
That thing called ''contingent reality'' has a way of tempering what want to believe vs. what a corporeal existence allows.

That thing called ''contingent reality'' has a way of tempering what want to believe vs. what a corporeal existence allows.
Of course I want to believe that when I die I will move on and live forever, basically as a god myself. Of course when my life is in danger I want to believe there is a god that might help me. And if not, transport me to heaven. Of course I want to believe I will see my mom again. Of course I want to believe Hitler is still suffering for what he did in hell.

I just can't. I want to but can't.

You got it completely wrong. For me there is NO destination there is only the journey and my journey has gone remarkedly well for me so far.
And yet you keep mentioning the after life like you believe it is the motivation of Christianity. That's called an equivocation.

Much like the ''proof of the gods'' threads which routinely appear in this forum, this thread offers nothing of any ''pwoofs'' for godly induced miracles.

Would anyone care to offer an event in human history that demonstrably establishes a supernatural (unnatural) event, one that can be directly attributed to any one of the gods?
ummmm... Jesus Christ.

Three children in Fatima, Portugal were given a day where a sign would be given. It is called the Miracle of the Sun. However, I expect that you will say it is pure coincidence this happened on the day the children said it would.

And yet you keep mentioning the after life like you believe it is the motivation of Christianity. That's called an equivocation.
So what is the motivation of Christianity and, if it is not about going through Jesus to the Father, what is valuable or unique about it? Why be a Christian?

So what is the motivation of Christianity and, if it is not about going through Jesus to the Father, what is valuable or unique about it? Why be a Christian?
To walk with God. To become the best version of yourself. To choose to be virtuous. To find peace through the storm. To have faith that good comes from bad.

Forum List

Back