Miss universe contest axes bikinis

Wrong, any culture that thinks a simple offense like seeing some ladies leg or shoulder is a killing offense deserves to be ridiculed. Hell they murder people for cartoons. They behead people for believing in another God. Islam is backwards and evil. And unless the supposed majority that are moderates does not stand up and demand change they deserve what ever offense one can give.

A couple of things here:

1.) It isn't a killing offense in Indonesia to wear a bikini

2.) Our own culture has notions of modesty and has historically codified them into laws. It wasn't too long ago that we would arrest women for wearing anything close to Bikinis in public. Have we really already forgotten our own modern history?

3.) If you don't like the cultural restraints then don't host the pageant there. It really isn't any of our business what they view to be appropriate. That is an important internal dialogue that they have to have just like we ourselves did here in the US and just like all of Europe did in the course of its own modern history. It's their society to shape, not ours.

It started already......:eek:

SkC3A4rmklippdam_zps5b23bbc6.jpg

Wrong, any culture that thinks a simple offense like seeing some ladies leg or shoulder is a killing offense deserves to be ridiculed. Hell they murder people for cartoons. They behead people for believing in another God. Islam is backwards and evil. And unless the supposed majority that are moderates does not stand up and demand change they deserve what ever offense one can give.

A couple of things here:

1.) It isn't a killing offense in Indonesia to wear a bikini

2.) Our own culture has notions of modesty and has historically codified them into laws. It wasn't too long ago that we would arrest women for wearing anything close to Bikinis in public. Have we really already forgotten our own modern history?

3.) If you don't like the cultural restraints then don't host the pageant there. It really isn't any of our business what they view to be appropriate. That is an important internal dialogue that they have to have just like we ourselves did here in the US and just like all of Europe did in the course of its own modern history. It's their society to shape, not ours.

Provide for me the law or laws we had or have that make it a killing offense to wear a Bikini? The law or laws we had that make wearing western style clothing a killing offense for ones daughter or sister? Perhaps you can name for us the law or laws we have or had that make dating someone not of your religion a killing offense?

And while we had sodomy laws please be so kind as to provide the law or laws that made it a death sentence to be homosexual?

Remind me of how adultery is a stoning offense? Perhaps show me the laws we have that make sending a girl to school a killing offense?

Provide for me the law or laws we had or have that make it a killing offense to wear a Bikini?

This is a strawman, it isn't a killing offense in Indonesia to wear a bikini. We certainly did used to arrest women for inappropriate beachwear though.

And while we had sodomy laws please be so kind as to provide the law or laws that made it a death sentence to be homosexual?

The British used to have very strict laws against homosexuals, in fact the strict anti-homosexual laws that do include in some cases the potential for the death penalty in countries such as Rwanda and Uganda stem from their British colonial history.

Remind me of how adultery is a stoning offense? Perhaps show me the laws we have that make sending a girl to school a killing offense?

These are all red herrings, it isn't criminal for a woman to attend school in Indonesia.

/edit: in fact, can you even name one person who was executed for any of those things in Indonesia over the course of the past 20 years?

Last edited:
Show them a hot looking woman in a bikini and they're offended. Show them a smelly goat and they get horny. How do you deal with people like that?

High doses of radiation therapy.

I find it interesting that we can casually or even jokingly throw around the idea of throwing nuclear bombs at civilian populations while at the same time pretending that we are better than the average Indonesian.

Forum List

Back