🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi pass most anti-LGBT bill to date

Man + Woman = Legal
Man + Man = Illegal
Woman + Woman = Illegal

Ya there were Civil Marriages denied based on the gender composition of the people involved.

Which one of the men provide a mother for children who are implicit parties to the marriage contract? Which one of the women provides the father for children who are implicit parties to the marriage contract?

Did you forget about the other parties to the marriage contract...the most important ones....the reason it was invented in the first place?...

Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Man + Woman = Legal
Man + Man = Illegal
Woman + Woman = Illegal

Ya there were Civil Marriages denied based on the gender composition of the people involved.

Which one of the men provide a mother for children who are implicit parties to the marriage contract?

Which law or court ruling recognizes children as being implicit parties to their parents marriage?

It claims that the law could see a woman fired from her job for wearing trousers, a counsellor on a suicide line refuse to speak to an LGBT teenager or even an adoption agency refuse to place a child with a family because the parents lived together before they were married.

This is lunacy on a majestic scale.Is the South so far behind the civilised world ?
Update!! The Governor of the backward state of Old Miss has done it. The state will pay for this as other states have!

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed the state's religious freedom bill Tuesday, according to a statement from his Twitter account.

Watchdog groups have decried the bill as discriminatory against the LGBT community, while proponents say it's intended only to protect those with strongly held religious beliefs.

Keep in mind that:
Unlike bills passed in other states, the Mississippi only protects people with anti-LGBT religious views.

I suppose that this is what you can expect this from a state that was the last in the nation to allow adoption by gays, and that was only after they were forced to do it by a Federal court.

Expect a backlash from major corporations

On second thought....major corporations don't do business in Mississippi

Strong and well deserved language from the HRC

Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant Signs Law Attacking LGBT People and Families

http://www.hrc.org/blog/mississippi-governor-phil-bryant-signs-law-attacking-lgbt-people-and-famili

Gov Phil Bryant adds his name to a list of disgraced Southern governors by signing this hateful and discriminatory bill into law,” said HRC President Chad Griffin. “Governor Bryant refused to meet with LGBT people and even turned us away at the door of his office. He refused to listen to business leaders. He refused to listen to Mississippians. And now his state will suffer because of his ignorance and failure of leadership. Just as we're doing elsewhere, we will continue to rally fair-minded voters, businesses, and civil rights advocates to repeal.”

and....

Under this new law, religion could be used by most any individual or organization to justify discrimination against LGBT people, single mothers, unwed couples and others. Tax-payer funded faith-based organizations could: refuse to recognize the marriages of same-sex couples for provision of critical services including emergency shelter; deny children in need of loving homes placement with LGBT families including the child’s own family member; and refuse to sell or rent a for-profit home to an LGBT person -- even if the organization receives government funding. It would also give foster families the freedom to subject an LGBTQ child to the dangerous practice of “conversion therapy,” and subject a pregnant unwed girl to abuse, without fear of government intervention or license suspension. It would even allow individuals to refuse to carry out the terms of a state contract for the provision of counseling services to all eligible individuals, including veterans, based on the counselor's beliefs about LGBT people or single mothers.

the economic impact will be felt..

Some of the state’s largest employers, including Nissan Group of North America, Tyson Food Inc, MGM Resorts International, and Toyota publicly voiced their opposition to the appalling legislation, joining national corporations such as AT&T, IBM, Levi Strauss & Co, MassMutual, General Electric, and Hyatt Hotel Corporations. In a statement yesterday, Jay C. Moon, President and CEO of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA) called for Governor Bryant to veto the measure saying: “It is clear that many of our members find that HB 1523 would violate their corporate policies expressly providing for an inclusive workplace environment that supports diversity. This is not a bill that the MMA supports and we hope that it will not find its way into law.”And last week, the Episcopal Diocese of Mississippi released a strongly worded statement condemning the bill as well.

Last edited:
Go buy your own island or something, maybe then you all would stop whining like the babies you are.... LIFE isn't always fair.

. what about the WOMENS rights in this country? this is a good way to set up women for rape. and it would be on your hands who are whining over this stupid law not passing

Go buy your own island or something, maybe then you all would stop whining like the babies you are.... LIFE isn't always fair.

. what about the WOMENS rights in this country? this is a good way to set up women for rape. and it would be on your hands who are whining over this stupid law not passing
The real question is how the republicans let all of these wacko interest groups take control of their party and drown out a genuine conservative voice. These idiots will cost this state millions of pounds in jobs and investment and that is a shocking abuse of power.

Bloomberg is a retard

I don't hate anyone. However, how about we isolate the fags? I build economical closets

-Geaux
I almost feel sorry for you. The hate must be eating away at your gut. What a terrible way to live! I thank the Gods and Goddesses that I am not you!

I don't hate fags. I don't hate people who want to pork a chicken either

-Geaux

Bloomberg is a retard

I don't hate anyone. However, how about we isolate the fags? I build economical closets

-Geaux
I almost feel sorry for you. The hate must be eating away at your gut. What a terrible way to live! I thank the Gods and Goddesses that I am not you!

you should look in a mirror you want to see hate. look at that post of yours

‘#1 In Bigotry’: Twitter EVISCERATES Mississippi Gov. Over Anti-Gay Law

The bill quite literally creates something of an anti-LGBT Jim Crow, where it is now perfectly legal for businesses and other public places to discriminate against LGBT people and use their bibles as a shield to do so. House Bill 1523 even shields government employees from having to perform same-sex marriages , despite the Supreme Court ruling legalizing marriage equality. Here are just a few tweets the bigoted governor got as a result of making this hateful bill the law of the land in his state:

IBMPolicy on Twitter

Check this out Mississippi! ( And the knuckle draggers who support them)

WHOA: Christian cake baker rips Miss. lawmakers over mind-boggling ‘stupidity’ of anti-gay law

Mississippi Christian cake baker Mitchell Moore blasted lawmakers in his state this week for the ‘stupidity’ of passing a law that ‘decriminalizes discrimination’ against LGBT people.

The Republican owner of Campbell’s Bakery in Jackson told NPR during an interview on Wednesday that Gov. Phil Bryant (R) and GOP lawmakers were actually violating Christian principles with a new law that claims to protect the “sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions” of business owners.

I am here to bake cakes and to sell those cakes,” Moore explained to NPR host Renee Montagne. “I’m not here to decide arbitrarily who deserves my cake and who doesn’t. That’s not what I do. That’s not my job.”

Get real morons!

Forum List

Back