Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um, there's probably a point here that has something to do with the OP.

Can I also increase my postcount with irrelevant posts?

sure, if you would rather not expend the energy to scroll up and discover what I replied to with that picture. Would it be easier to use said energy to shoot something in the head after whistling at a white woman in Mississippi? Maybe you'll catch this ball if I duct tape it with Styrofoam and spray paint it dayglo orange.

Tic...Toc....Tic...Toc....Tic...Toc....

Still haven't bothered reading the OP huh?

No matter.

Another Post for MEEEEEeeee!!!

:woohoo:

Of course I read the OP. I see you didn't bother scrolling up. One handed typing feels so good, right buddy?

The Itawamba County school district's policy requires that senior prom dates be of the opposite sex. What part of that is hard to understand? It should also be noted that a public school is not obligated to host a high school prom. Fact is, this is just another lame attempt by homosexuals to validate an abominable lifestyle which is rejected by most fair minded Americans. When a liberal state such as California strikes down homosexual marriage, that ought to be a sign that most folks don't agree with such a lifestyle. The only weapon you homosexuals have is to call someone that doesn't agree with you homophobic. That label as well as the "racist" label is quickly losing it's effectiveness.

Who caused the problems here? I'm guessing if the whiny bigots didn't complain the prom would have happened, more out-of-wedlock pregnancies would have occurred, and none of us would be discussing some backwater shithole living in the 18th century with electricity.

The Board went out of their way to specifically avoid being honest because what they did is a clear Constitutional violation. Homphobes are the problem. Tell us, if you all stopped whining like little bitches, what tangible harms would be caused? All of these threads boil down to the same damn thing:

Bigots with a persecution complex whining about gays.

Those who failed to comply with policy are the ones that caused the problems.

All You have is a strawman argument? You may as well concede now.

The Policy is discriminatory and as much as you hate the Constitution it still needs to be pointed out that a school Policy does not trump the Constitution. The school failed to comply with current law and it knows this which is why the cowards could not honestly state why they moved the prom. I can't wait for one of the teachers or admins to get Haggertized. I'm sure you'd find a way to blame that on one of these two students as well.

again, at one time yes. did I stutter? Shall we ignore the history of the south in order to forget how the same excuses by the same people have been used historically?

don't let the sun set on you in this town, ******.... right?

Sorry, I don't agree. I know the history of the US south, and I would say their behavior was immoral, but I don't recall being black as being 'immoral'. It meant a lot of other things, but not that you were immoral because you were black.

Being black was a crime in itself. Your hairsplitting of the term "immoral" ignores how blacks were viewed and treated as sub-human. But I'm sure I don't have to tell that to someone who knows at least 3/5ths of history in the South.

Indeed. I'm sure Samson will remind you of the OP though.

:lol:

Discrimination is discrimination. And to stop the prom altogether in order to discriminate against two students is the worst kind of discrimination.

Nice of that school district to turn the entire student populace against the couple just because they wanted to go to the Prom. Perhaps next time they'll just host a public stoning.

Neg rep to you "US Army Retired", but there's nothing new there.

As for the students themselves, there should certainly be a lawsuit against the school district appearing in short order for such a blatant attempt at ostricizing these two individuals from the community.

Go ahead. Won't fly. You can not hold the school district responsible for discrimination if they did not actually discriminate against anyone. By canceling the Prom they solved ALL the legal problems.

Maybe if vast winger would stop using the strawman argument, it would not be continually pointed out

We already knew you were not a candidate but thanks for vocal affirmation.

(RW didn't use a strawman. It's called an analogy.)

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.
2. Person B disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially-similar position Y. Thus, Y is a resulting distorted version of X...
3. Person B attacks position Y, concluding that X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious, because attacking a distorted version of a position fails to constitute an attack on the actual position.

Yes... you are a dumb fuck.. and yes, a strawman argument was used

A c + p job does not explain the supposed strawman you fuxxing moron.

. It meant a lot of other things, but not that you were immoral because you were black.

Right. You were just immoral if you were black and drinking from a white water fountain. Or married to a white woman. Or trying to eat at a white restaurant.

You're talking about other people's views, perceived morals, not absolute morals. Those were black people doing things that were perceived as immoral by a certain group of people, not that they were inherently immoral because of their skin color. Are you saying that the white woman married to a black man wouldn't be perceived as immoral? Is she immoral simply because she is white then, or because she decided to do something considered unacceptable to society at that time?

You don't even realize how the bolded sentence sinks your entire position, do you? Perceived as immoral.. hmmm.. yup... SURE DOESN'T APPLY HERE.

:rolleyes:

Discrimination is discrimination. And to stop the prom altogether in order to discriminate against two students is the worst kind of discrimination.

Nice of that school district to turn the entire student populace against the couple just because they wanted to go to the Prom. Perhaps next time they'll just host a public stoning.

As for the students themselves, there should certainly be a lawsuit against the school district appearing in short order for such a blatant attempt at ostricizing these two individuals from the community.

Go ahead. Won't fly. You can not hold the school district responsible for discrimination if they did not actually discriminate against anyone. By canceling the Prom they solved ALL the legal problems.

They're fuxxing cowards.

sure, if you would rather not expend the energy to scroll up and discover what I replied to with that picture. Would it be easier to use said energy to shoot something in the head after whistling at a white woman in Mississippi? Maybe you'll catch this ball if I duct tape it with Styrofoam and spray paint it dayglo orange.

No matter.

Of course I read the OP. I see you didn't bother scrolling up. One handed typing feels so good, right buddy?

Then I can only surmise you read, but couldn't understand the OP.

The Thread has nothing to do with anyone being shot for whistling at white women.

I look forward to making 25,000+ posts pointing out the obvious to Shogun!!!
:muahaha:

We already knew you were not a candidate but thanks for vocal affirmation.

(RW didn't use a strawman. It's called an analogy.)

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.
2. Person B disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially-similar position Y. Thus, Y is a resulting distorted version of X...
3. Person B attacks position Y, concluding that X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious, because attacking a distorted version of a position fails to constitute an attack on the actual position.

Yes... you are a dumb fuck.. and yes, a strawman argument was used

A c + p job does not explain the supposed strawman you fuxxing moron.

Yes.. the definition of the strawman argument, in addition to the fact that a strawman argument was used in bring up Rosa Parks.. attacking a more extreme position in a feeble attempt to go against the more moderate position that was out there in the first place... also known as substituting in the strawman.. a demonetization argument

Who caused the problems here? I'm guessing if the whiny bigots didn't complain the prom would have happened, more out-of-wedlock pregnancies would have occurred, and none of us would be discussing some backwater shithole living in the 18th century with electricity.

The Board went out of their way to specifically avoid being honest because what they did is a clear Constitutional violation. Homphobes are the problem. Tell us, if you all stopped whining like little bitches, what tangible harms would be caused? All of these threads boil down to the same damn thing:

Bigots with a persecution complex whining about gays.

The Policy is discriminatory and as much as you hate the Constitution it still needs to be pointed out that a school Policy does not trump the Constitution. The school failed to comply with current law and it knows this which is why the cowards could not honestly state why they moved the prom. I can't wait for one of the teachers or admins to get Haggertized. I'm sure you'd find a way to blame that on one of these two students as well.

Where in the constitution does it state that you can't descriminate due to sexual preference. Are current sodomy laws unconstitutional?

Last edited:

No matter.

Then I can only surmise you read, but couldn't understand the OP.

The Thread has nothing to do with anyone being shot for whistling at white women.

I look forward to making 25,000+ posts pointing out the obvious to Shogun!!!
:muahaha:

You are free to assume whatever you need to in order to miss the point I made about the same excuses made by the same people in the same area. Indeed, that seems easier on your cognitive abilities than admitting you have no rebuttal.

After all, it must take a real brainiac to find a correlation between the "immoral" act of a black kid chirping at a white woman and a few dykes trying to dyke it up at a prom given the behaviour of both being weighed against the cultural backdrop in which they happen.

:rofl:

a REAL rocket scientist!

:thup:

Right. You were just immoral if you were black and drinking from a white water fountain. Or married to a white woman. Or trying to eat at a white restaurant.

You're talking about other people's views, perceived morals, not absolute morals. Those were black people doing things that were perceived as immoral by a certain group of people, not that they were inherently immoral because of their skin color. Are you saying that the white woman married to a black man wouldn't be perceived as immoral? Is she immoral simply because she is white then, or because she decided to do something considered unacceptable to society at that time?

You don't even realize how the bolded sentence sinks your entire position, do you? Perceived as immoral.. hmmm.. yup... SURE DOESN'T APPLY HERE.

:rolleyes:

I said their ACTIONS were perceived as immoral, not that they were thought immoral simply because of their skin color alone.

They're fuxxing cowards.

They were smart enough to not fall into the trap.

Where in the constitution does it state that you can't descriminate due to sexual preference.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Maybe if vast winger would stop using the strawman argument, it would not be continually pointed out

Maybe if it was a "Straw Man" argument, I would stop using it.

These two ladies are simply trying to go to their high school prom with their significant other, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

They're not asking to be allowed to be legally married, they're only trying to have a normal fucking adolescence, and along come some self-righteous assholes who decide to discriminate against them by turning the entire student body of their school against them.

And then you turn around and say it's their fault.

Well, it's not "their fault", they are victims of discrimination, pure and simple. They are not asking for special rights, they are simply asking to be allowed to do what all their other classmates do.

When Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus to stand against discrimination, people also said it was "her fault", and that she was "just being stubborn", or that she was "uppity".

People just like you.

Now, I'm not gay, but there's nothing wrong with two girls who are involved in a relationship wanting to attend their own prom without being publicly stoned for it.

Where in the constitution does it state that you can't descriminate due to sexual preference.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Both gay or straight can be prosecuted under sodomy laws... that is equal

Law's against necrophilia as a sexual preference or choice does not discriminate either

Another strawman? Damn you're getting desperate.

Someone please teach this dumb fuck a new term.

You keep throwing out strawman arguments, I'll keep calling you out on them. Fact is Rosa Parks was born black, the same isn't true in the lesbians case.

Lol....you obviously don't know what "strawman" means. Let's break this down as much as possible:

1. The lesbian students did not violate any school policy.

2. Discrimination based on sexual orientation is as much against the law as discrimination based on skin color.

3. It does not matter if people are born gay or not. It does not justify discrimination against them.

Correct.

But let's address the interesting point: "to stop the prom altogether in order to discriminate against two students is the worst kind of discrimination."

So, a "better" discrimination would have been to have the prom and simply asked gays to stay home? Or have a "seperate-but-equal" gay prom?

But this would contravene Federal Law.

What about simply ignoring the parents that oppose homosexual behaviour? How about allowing gays to piss off the majority, who would simply boycott the prom, and no doubt use this to justify their increased prejudice and perhaps a wider intolerance?

This would all be lawful, but it would hardly change the opinion of "the entire student populace against the couple just because they wanted to go to the Prom."

Maybe if it was a "Straw Man" argument, I would stop using it.

These two ladies are simply trying to go to their high school prom with their significant other, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

They're not asking to be allowed to be legally married, they're only trying to have a normal fucking adolescence, and along come some self-righteous assholes who decide to discriminate against them by turning the entire student body of their school against them.

And then you turn around and say it's their fault.

Well, it's not "their fault", they are victims of discrimination, pure and simple. They are not asking for special rights, they are simply asking to be allowed to do what all their other classmates do.

When Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus to stand against discrimination, people also said it was "her fault", and that she was "just being stubborn", or that she was "uppity".

People just like you.

Now, I'm not gay, but there's nothing wrong with two girls who are involved in a relationship wanting to attend their own prom without being publicly stoned for it.

I did not argue against a gay couple being allowed into the prom.. I did not argue for it either...

And if there is no prom there is no discrimination

But nice try

Forum List

Back