Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a strawman. I didn't say anything about Seattle.

My position is: the school should respect the Constitution.

You change that to: the school should care what gay Seattleians think.

Thanks for the timely example!

The school has no Constitutional problem. They canceled the prom. No one got discriminated against. Isn't it great how 2 abnormal people ruined the evening for everyone?

I'm guessing there are more than just two abnormal bigots on the Board who wanted to cancel.

I would argue the students have been discriminated against. The class of 2010 of that high school has been unlawfully discriminated against by the Board because every class before them for the past several decades has enjoyed a Prom.

My senior year the teachers went on strike, every class before us and every class after us, the seniors were let out a week before the rest of the students. Add to that, our senior cruise was canceled because a high school that went previous to our scheduled senior cruise, trashed the ship. Sometimes things happen, should we have sued the school district or the cruise ship for being discriminated against?

Things change....maybe it's time to stop having proms.

Where in the constitution does it state that you can't descriminate due to sexual preference.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Then why aren't sodomy laws unconstitutional?

The SCOTUS ruled in Lawrence v. Texas that the sodomy laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable.

Why is polygamy illegal

Polygamy should not be illegal.

The school has no Constitutional problem. They canceled the prom. No one got discriminated against. Isn't it great how 2 abnormal people ruined the evening for everyone?

I'm guessing there are more than just two abnormal bigots on the Board who wanted to cancel.

I would argue the students have been discriminated against. The class of 2010 of that high school has been unlawfully discriminated against by the Board because every class before them for the past several decades has enjoyed a Prom.

That would be great if there was a law requiring high schools to sponsor proms.

And, if you made such an arguement, and won, then the Itabawa Co School board would no doubt offer to allow the High School Field House to be used, and prom attendees could "enjoy" the scent of Joc Straps and Old Spice wilst listening to Opera.

I don't think so. Your little example of whistling is what does you in. A black person seen whistling wouldn't have caused any problems, and would not have been thought of as immoral. I'll give you that certain ACTIONS were thought immoral because of their skin color. I hardly think people thought them immoral simply because they were black, that's ridiculous. Perhaps rabidly racist people thought so, but normal people would certainly not.

Where did you study the history of the South? A Mississippi KKKamp?

So, your contention is that all southern white people thought black people immoral simply because they were black? Seriously? How did northern people escape this disease exactly? The northern air?

No. It is not my contention that all southern white people held the same views. Why do people have a problem with reading simple posts? There was much racism in the North as well but it was not nearly as institutionalized as it was in the South.

Yes, the People of Ibwataba Co should care more about the feelings of Queers in Seattle.

:eusa_boohoo:

Um.....article in the OP was written by the Seattle Times.

The school is respecting federal law: If they had banned any students from the prom, then this would have been unlawful. Instead, they simply cancelled the prom, making the sexual preference of any student a lawfully mute point.

the article in the OP was a wire story from the associated press.

you should get out more.

You're missing the point you dumb fuxxing bitch.

And you grasp the point that discrimination is bad, as long as its discrimination with which you don't agree.

Discriminating against the beliefs of the parents, of course, is perfectly OK.

It is impossible to practice bigotry against bigots you dumbass.

I'm so sick of that argument...blacks can't be racist, etc. Grow up...bigotry is everywhere and practiced against everyone for whatever reasons the bigots decide. Same with racism.

My senior year the teachers went on strike, every class before us and every class after us, the seniors were let out a week before the rest of the students. Add to that, our senior cruise was canceled because a high school that went previous to our scheduled senior cruise, trashed the ship. Sometimes things happen, should we have sued the school district or the cruise ship for being discriminated against?

Things change....maybe it's time to stop having proms.

The analogies do not come close to fitting for the school though I would say yes you should have sued the cruise line for age discrimination. Proms always sucked because they are cheesy training camps.....I was at my senior prom for about 30 minutes....and that was mainly to show off my date who was 21. So in a way I guess I agree with the notion of all school sponsored proms being cancelled.

And besides, at the risk of sounding like a complete pig...

Two teenage girls, together, after the prom??? Sounds pretty hot to me. LOL.

Why is anyone arguing against this?

I don't know.

I had the same thought.

Does that fact offend you more than it offends me? Or vice versa? :lol:

(BTW, if I recall those bye gone days well enough, I suspect it is possible that there MIGHT be some heterosexual relations involving sexual contact going on in that school district after a Prom. Is that ok with the school district? Or is it just the risk that lesbians might choose to use Prom night as a reason to "get it on" that bothers them so much?)

True, true.

And if it's gay PDA they're afraid of, why don't they just set "no PDA" rules for the prom?

And you grasp the point that discrimination is bad, as long as its discrimination with which you don't agree.

Discriminating against the beliefs of the parents, of course, is perfectly OK.

I'm so sick of that argument...blacks can't be racist, etc. Grow up...bigotry is everywhere and practiced against everyone for whatever reasons the bigots decide. Same with racism.

I didn't say blacks can't be racist. This is at least the third strawman in the last page or so. What I did say is it's impossible to practice bigotry against bigots.

I didn't say blacks can't be racist. This is at least the third strawman in the last page or so. What I did say is it's impossible to practice bigotry against bigots.

No it's not....you can be a bigot against a bigot who is a bigot for a completely different reason than you are.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Then why aren't sodomy laws unconstitutional?

The SCOTUS ruled in Lawrence v. Texas that the sodomy laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable.

I stand corrected on that then... I was unfamiliar with this...

But there are cases that have indeed upheld other laws pertaining to other actions revolving around sexual choice/behavior

The school is respecting federal law: If they had banned any students from the prom, then this would have been unlawful. Instead, they simply cancelled the prom, making the sexual preference of any student a lawfully mute point.

you should get out more.

Aha! You said "wire." Gay people are known for being thin. Are you accusing him of being gay? Then you said "get out more" which means you think he's a closet homosexual!

I don't think so. Your little example of whistling is what does you in. A black person seen whistling wouldn't have caused any problems, and would not have been thought of as immoral. I'll give you that certain ACTIONS were thought immoral because of their skin color. I hardly think people thought them immoral simply because they were black, that's ridiculous. Perhaps rabidly racist people thought so, but normal people would certainly not.

So, your contention is that all southern white people thought black people immoral simply because they were black? Seriously? How did northern people escape this disease exactly? The northern air?

in regards to whistling at white women, yes.

maybe it has to do with an economy which was not based on slavery. Regardless, your position holds no water.

you should get out more.

The OP was printed in the Seattle Times.

I'd rather wonder why The Seattle Times prints all of Sheild Byrd's AP releases from Jackson, MS. Odd.

oh you don't THINK that it would have been a total non-issue had it been a white boy whistling rather than a black kid?

oh well THATS convincing.

:rolleyes:

do I need to pull out the post-trial quotes from the men who killed Emmet or are you going to refrain from giving me a healthy guffaw at the idea that southerners would have reacted similarly to a white kid whistling at a white woman as they did a black kid. In case you are not familiar, it is EXACTLY the fact that till whistled at a white woman that caused a posse to go seeking him. The mitigating factor was specifically his skin color and the immorality of a ****** not knowing his place in MS.

rabidly racist people? HELLO. MISSISSIPPI doesn't ring a fucking bell here?

You're talking about racist people, not everyone is or was racist.

of course not, but that doesn't minimize the FACT of our history with racism in Mississippi and the rationalized bullshit thereof.

And, just when you thought that gay people (and even straight children related to gay people) had no problems with being treated as 2nd class citizens in this country...here's another story:

Archdiocese defends decision to deny children because of lesbian parents - CNN.com

Archdiocese defends decision to deny children because of lesbian parents

The archdiocese of Denver, Colorado, is defending its decision not to re-enroll two children in a Catholic school in Boulder next year because their parents are lesbians.

and more to the article.

Isn't it charming what religious organizations do to children these days? Maybe it's all for the best...those children have a lesser chance of being diddled by a Catholic priest.
Yeah, you're one to talk!

Look in the fucking mirror, bro!:eusa_whistle:

in regards to whistling at white women, yes.

maybe it has to do with an economy which was not based on slavery. Regardless, your position holds no water.

Water is Wet.

:muahaha:

oh you don't THINK that it would have been a total non-issue had it been a white boy whistling rather than a black kid?

oh well THATS convincing.

:rolleyes:

do I need to pull out the post-trial quotes from the men who killed Emmet or are you going to refrain from giving me a healthy guffaw at the idea that southerners would have reacted similarly to a white kid whistling at a white woman as they did a black kid. In case you are not familiar, it is EXACTLY the fact that till whistled at a white woman that caused a posse to go seeking him. The mitigating factor was specifically his skin color and the immorality of a ****** not knowing his place in MS.

rabidly racist people? HELLO. MISSISSIPPI doesn't ring a fucking bell here?

You're talking about racist people, not everyone is or was racist.

of course not, but that doesn't minimize the FACT of our history with racism in Mississippi and the rationalized bullshit thereof.

Bullshit comes from Bulls.

:woohoo:

you should get out more.

The OP was printed in the Seattle Times.

I'd rather wonder why The Seattle Times prints all of Sheild Byrd's AP releases from Jackson, MS. Odd.

the OP was printed/carried by a number of outlets.

JACKSON, Miss. — A northern Mississippi school district decided Wednesday not to host a high school prom after a lesbian student demanded she be able to attend with her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo. - Google Search

it's a gay conspiracy, obviously.

Forum List

Back