Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
]
I was a lesbian in a past life. Maybe thats why I am so good at......oh wait, wrong venue.

good at what???

Sporting a mullet and finger slapping a dip can?

I told you no more looking at pictures of me in my yearbook you stalker

This is the last one...if you soil this one i'm not giving you another!!!

mullet-thumb.jpg

I love how some people think that anything the ACLU is liberal bullshit without even discussing the merits. "P

I agree.

Most of what they do is great work.

Even this effort may end up doing some good in the long run. But they're not going to win this specific case.

From a hard legal stance the only hurdle is proving the Board cancelled the prom specifically to prevent two students from attending together. If they lose the hearing to move forward I would file a complaint against the School Policy itself without using any name of a student.

I love how some people think that anything the ACLU is liberal bullshit without even discussing the merits. "P

I agree.

Even this effort may end up doing some good in the long run. But they're not going to win this specific case.

From a hard legal stance the only hurdle is proving the Board cancelled the prom specifically to prevent two students from attending together. If they lose the hearing to move forward I would file a complaint against the School Policy itself without using any name of a student.

To what end?

What would you hope to accomplish?

If I'm to believe some of the case law already posted, the policy is unconstitutional and will not be enforced. What more do you want? Do you actually think the school could be forced to hold the prom?

without using the name of a student?

you have to have a justiciable case or controversy that isn't moot - aka - an actual plaintiff being actually harmed

you can't just sue willy nilly. regardless of what people tell you.

The right thing??? Your right thing may not be my right thing. It's not something that you can proclaim, as you just did. It cannot be defined. You have no idea if cancelling the prom was the right thing to do. You just think it is. I think it isn't. See how it works???

It was certainly the "right" thing to do more than it was the "left" thing to do. :D

Funny!!!! :)

Cancelling the prom renders any prom policies moot. :cuckoo:

Again, who is going to sue them and for what exactly?
Apparently the ACLU is going to sue them because the school has a rule, still in place, that says a prom date must be of the opposite sex.

So the ACLU is going after precedent then?

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the school will throw out the rule before it gets that far. I mean, why do they need any prom rules if they don't have a prom.

I guess if their goal is to make sure every other school in the country has to allow queers to attend the prom or cancel the prom then they should keep up the great work! :thup:

Since clearly cases like this are doing wonders to improve attitudes toward queers. :lol:

That is the word in question. Not nice.

Apparently the ACLU is going to sue them because the school has a rule, still in place, that says a prom date must be of the opposite sex.

So the ACLU is going after precedent then?

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the school will throw out the rule before it gets that far. I mean, why do they need any prom rules if they don't have a prom.

I guess if their goal is to make sure every other school in the country has to allow queers to attend the prom or cancel the prom then they should keep up the great work! :thup:

Since clearly cases like this are doing wonders to improve attitudes toward queers. :lol:

That is the word in question. Not nice.

Really???

How come I haven't heard anyone complain about Queer as Folk or Queer eye for the straight guy?

Is it like ******, as in you have to be one to use it?

Bodey's Ascared to be Honest...

MeThinks I Remember that she Supported Homosexual SexEd being Included with Heterosexual SexEd a few Years ago, but Knows how much that will Blow up in her Face if she Takes that Stand Publically again...

Since she's NOT Courgeous enough to Answer a Simple Question, I will have to Assume that she Feels there are Homosexuals in the 5th Grade who have a Right to Equal SexEd.

:)

peace...

without using the name of a student?

you have to have a justiciable case or controversy that isn't moot - aka - an actual plaintiff being actually harmed

you can't just sue willy nilly. regardless of what people tell you.

Good point. If they fail to reinstate the prom that would not mean a failure to have the policy permanently removed. Her name could probably still be used for that purpose.

I agree.

To what end?

What would you hope to accomplish?

If I'm to believe some of the case law already posted, the policy is unconstitutional and will not be enforced. What more do you want? Do you actually think the school could be forced to hold the prom?

Gangs of new york would have been an awesome movie if they would have used someone besides dicaprio. He totally fukked it all up.

Im good with the current sex ed booklet. I do believe there should be an "advanced" course in high school though. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back