Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again...

Why is it not offensive in queer eye for the straight guy and queer as folk, but it is when I say it?

How do you know that word is not offensive to anyone when it is used in queer guy?? Did you take a survey or something??

I vote sex ed should not be in 5th grade although if it must a line of 'in rare cases people are attracted to the same sex, this is normal' or something similar is all you need.

Although in all seriousness don't boys and girls still despise each other at that age?

If not I'm fairly certain their libidos are non-existant.

I am not sure about EVERY State in the Union, but I Know that in Colorado, specifically the Largest School District in the State, Jefferson County, that Sex Education begins in the 5th Grade.

It does NOT include Information for the LGBT "Community".

The Claim as I Understand it from that Community is that they Knew they were "Gay" when they VERY Young, some as far back as Kindergarten.

Is it not Discrimination for the "Gay" Children during Sex Ed to only hear about what their Bodies are Designed to do Naturally?

Should "Gay" 5th Graders being Learning Sex Ed that Pertains to them?...

Should ALL 5th Graders be Learning it with them?

The 5th Grade Sex Booklet which is almost 30 Years Old is fairly Explicit on the Issues of Sex and Reproduction, and even Discusses "Love" in Relation to Sex, but it only Describes Heterosexual Acts of Sex.

Is this Unconstitutional Discriminatory?

I am Looking for the Opinions of those who Feel what Happened in Mississippi is Wrong or Unconstitutional.

:)

peace...
Gay is NOT natural!!!!

The internet is an example of something not natural. Would you like to outlaw it based on it being an artificial construction?

Again...

Why is it not offensive in queer eye for the straight guy and queer as folk, but it is when I say it?

How do you know that word is not offensive to anyone when it is used in queer guy?? Did you take a survey or something??

I'll tell you what, if I ever meet you in person I promise not to call you a queer to your face.

We good?

I am not sure about EVERY State in the Union, but I Know that in Colorado, specifically the Largest School District in the State, Jefferson County, that Sex Education begins in the 5th Grade.

It does NOT include Information for the LGBT "Community".

The Claim as I Understand it from that Community is that they Knew they were "Gay" when they VERY Young, some as far back as Kindergarten.

Is it not Discrimination for the "Gay" Children during Sex Ed to only hear about what their Bodies are Designed to do Naturally?

Should "Gay" 5th Graders being Learning Sex Ed that Pertains to them?...

Should ALL 5th Graders be Learning it with them?

The 5th Grade Sex Booklet which is almost 30 Years Old is fairly Explicit on the Issues of Sex and Reproduction, and even Discusses "Love" in Relation to Sex, but it only Describes Heterosexual Acts of Sex.

Is this Unconstitutional Discriminatory?

I am Looking for the Opinions of those who Feel what Happened in Mississippi is Wrong or Unconstitutional.

peace...
Gay is NOT natural!!!!

The internet is an example of something not natural. Would you like to outlaw it based on it being an artificial construction?

Who has Outlawed Homosexuality aside from Most Arab and Islamic Communities?...

It's Certainly NOT Outlawed here.

peace...

i'd like to see proof that 5th graders are taught about sex education first!

regardless, it is a State issue....if you don't live in colorado, then it ain't our beeswax.

It's for Real.

And the Booklet they use called "Growing and Changing" is from 1982.

"Sexual Intercourse brings sperm and egg together. "Making love" is a term that is often used for sexual intercourse, when a man puts his erect penis into a woman's vagina.

These words are appropriate because when a man and woman have sexual intercourse they are warm and loving toward each other.

When a man's penis is in the woman's vagina, semen is ejaculated into the vagina, enter the uterus, and go into the fallopian tubes. IF there is a mature egg in one of the tubes, a sperm may fertilize it.

One purpose of this union of a man and woman, as for all living things, is the reproduction of their species. But for people, a sexual relationship is an emotional as well as a physical expression of love."

peace...

This is for Bodey, since she Decided to Enter this when it was it's own Thread yet Failed to Address the OP because she's a Troll... And Lacking in Courage on this Issue.

Do you Think that Text Discrminates Against you?...

peace...

regardless, it is a State issue....if you don't live in colorado, then it ain't our beeswax.

It's for Real.

"Sexual Intercourse brings sperm and egg together. "Making love" is a term that is often used for sexual intercourse, when a man puts his erect penis into a woman's vagina.

These words are appropriate because when a man and woman have sexual intercourse they are warm and loving toward each other.

When a man's penis is in the woman's vagina, semen is ejaculated into the vagina, enter the uterus, and go into the fallopian tubes. IF there is a mature egg in one of the tubes, a sperm may fertilize it.

One purpose of this union of a man and woman, as for all living things, is the reproduction of their species. But for people, a sexual relationship is an emotional as well as a physical expression of love."

peace...
According to this review of the book, you've *ahem* misrepresented its content.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Changing-Handbook-Preteens-McCoy/dp/061396473X]Amazon.com: Growing And Changing: A Handbook for Preteens (9780613964739): K. McCoy: Books[/ame]

It's for Real.

peace...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Changing-Handbook-Preteens-McCoy/dp/061396473X]Amazon.com: Growing And Changing: A Handbook for Preteens (9780613964739): K. McCoy: Books[/ame]

I am Willing to Share Documentation with a Mod or Crimson or Gunny... But I will NOT get into Specifics on the Open Boards or with you and your Weak Attempt at Baiting me into Exposing someone that can then be Attack here.

Those are Paragraphs from the Booklet... And that's a Fact.

peace...

It's for Real.

peace...

Here are the only two reviews:

By A Customer

This review is from: Growing and changing: a handbook for preteens (Paperback)
As a health educator, I have used Growing and Changing as the classroom text for Puberty and Human Sexuality units for grades 6-8. The student generated questions reflect similar questions my own students have, making discussion easier. Excellent. - Ph.D. in Maine,

By A Customer

Although this book could use a little flashier presentation, it does a fine job with describing the physical changes of growing up. The line-drawings of people at different stages are detailed and commendable.

What about them is different than what Mal claims?

I was surprised that Homosexuality does appear in the book: see Index (p. 161)

Not according to the link I posted.

I think you are full of shit, but that's nothing new.

You are Wrong, and I can Document Jefferson County's Book of "Growing and Changing" if you would like to be Owned on these Forums in an Official Manner...

Would you Like to Accept the Challenge?...

The Paragraph's above are from the Booklet and that's a Fact.

peace...

Here:

From School Library Journal

Grade 3 Up This clearly written handbook on physical and emotional changes in young people fills a real need for material on physical and emotional development which does not, at the same time, get into discussions of sexual activity.

It's for Real.

peace...

Here are the only two reviews:

By A Customer

This review is from: Growing and changing: a handbook for preteens (Paperback)
As a health educator, I have used Growing and Changing as the classroom text for Puberty and Human Sexuality units for grades 6-8. The student generated questions reflect similar questions my own students have, making discussion easier. Excellent. - Ph.D. in Maine,

By A Customer

Although this book could use a little flashier presentation, it does a fine job with describing the physical changes of growing up. The line-drawings of people at different stages are detailed and commendable.

The Growing and Changing for the 5th Graders in Jefferson County is 62 Pages long...

It was Published in 1988 (1982 earlier was from Memory)... The Foreword by Mabel C. Brelje M.D. starts off as Follows:

"How I wish I were a fifth grader now"...

peace...

Here:

From School Library Journal

Grade 3 Up This clearly written handbook on physical and emotional changes in young people fills a real need for material on physical and emotional development which does not, at the same time, get into discussions of sexual activity.

Jefferson County's "Growning and Changing" does...

I can Document it, if you are Willing to Accept the Challenge.

peace...

Forum List

Back