Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to this review of the book, you've *ahem* misrepresented its content.

Amazon.com: Growing And Changing: A Handbook for Preteens (9780613964739): K. McCoy: Books

Here are the only two reviews:

By A Customer

This review is from: Growing and changing: a handbook for preteens (Paperback)
As a health educator, I have used Growing and Changing as the classroom text for Puberty and Human Sexuality units for grades 6-8. The student generated questions reflect similar questions my own students have, making discussion easier. Excellent. - Ph.D. in Maine,

By A Customer

Although this book could use a little flashier presentation, it does a fine job with describing the physical changes of growing up. The line-drawings of people at different stages are detailed and commendable.

What about them is different than what Mal claims?

I was surprised that Homosexuality does appear in the book: see Index (p. 161)

The Growing and Changing for the 5th Graders in Jefferson County is 62 Pages long...

It was Published in 1988 (1982 earlier was from Memory)... The Foreword by Mabel C. Brelje M.D. starts off as Follows:

"How I wish I were a fifth grader now"...

:)

peace...

Then Bo and you are taking about different books. The copywrite date on the one she references is 2003.

i'd like to see proof that 5th graders are taught about sex education first!

regardless, it is a State issue....if you don't live in colorado, then it ain't our beeswax.

It's for Real.

And the Booklet they use called "Growing and Changing" is from 1982.

"Sexual Intercourse brings sperm and egg together. "Making love" is a term that is often used for sexual intercourse, when a man puts his erect penis into a woman's vagina.

These words are appropriate because when a man and woman have sexual intercourse they are warm and loving toward each other.

When a man's penis is in the woman's vagina, semen is ejaculated into the vagina, enter the uterus, and go into the fallopian tubes. IF there is a mature egg in one of the tubes, a sperm may fertilize it.

One purpose of this union of a man and woman, as for all living things, is the reproduction of their species. But for people, a sexual relationship is an emotional as well as a physical expression of love."

peace...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Changing-Handbook-Preteens-McCoy/dp/061396473X]Amazon.com: Growing And Changing: A Handbook for Preteens (9780613964739): K. McCoy: Books[/ame]

color me stunned.

It's for Real.

And the Booklet they use called "Growing and Changing" is from 1982.

"Sexual Intercourse brings sperm and egg together. "Making love" is a term that is often used for sexual intercourse, when a man puts his erect penis into a woman's vagina.

These words are appropriate because when a man and woman have sexual intercourse they are warm and loving toward each other.

When a man's penis is in the woman's vagina, semen is ejaculated into the vagina, enter the uterus, and go into the fallopian tubes. IF there is a mature egg in one of the tubes, a sperm may fertilize it.

One purpose of this union of a man and woman, as for all living things, is the reproduction of their species. But for people, a sexual relationship is an emotional as well as a physical expression of love."

peace...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Changing-Handbook-Preteens-McCoy/dp/061396473X]Amazon.com: Growing And Changing: A Handbook for Preteens (9780613964739): K. McCoy: Books[/ame]

color me stunned.

Not Jeffco's "Growing and Changing" Book, but thanks for being Ignorant of the Discussion and Posting anyway.

peace...

Here are the only two reviews:

What about them is different than what Mal claims?

I was surprised that Homosexuality does appear in the book: see Index (p. 161)

The Growing and Changing for the 5th Graders in Jefferson County is 62 Pages long...

It was Published in 1988 (1982 earlier was from Memory)... The Foreword by Mabel C. Brelje M.D. starts off as Follows:

peace...

Then Bo and you are taking about different books. The copywrite date on the one she references is 2003.

I'm not talking about ANY book...but you have to wonder about the books on sex ed put out by countries like Uganda, a predominantly Christian country that has made homosexuality itself illegal with the help of American far right christian nuts.

Prove that fifth graders in Colorado are taking sex ed.

What Form of Prove can I Provide on this Site?...

peace...

royal-fail.jpg

peace...

I'm not talking about ANY book...but you have to wonder about the books on sex ed put out by countries like Uganda, a predominantly Christian country that has made homosexuality itself illegal with the help of American far right christian nuts.

No you were very specific in the book for which you gave the amazon link.

I saw the (MSNBC?) story on Uganda's anti-homosexual movement. Have they enacted the law? The penalties for being queer seem harsh: No Bud-lite Lime for a year, and you gotta shop for jeans at Wal-Mart.

I saw the (MSNBC?) story on Uganda's anti-homosexual movement. Have they enacted the law? The penalties for being queer seem harsh: No Bud-lite Lime for a year, and you gotta shop for jeans at Wal-Mart.

I gave an Amazon link? Are you sure you are talking about me?

No I'm taking about Ravi, your evul twin.:redface:

Last edited:

No I'm taking about Ravi, your evul twin.:redface:

I have an evul twin???:clap2::clap2::clap2: I've always wanted one of those!!!

Prove that fifth graders in Colorado are taking sex ed.

What Form of Prove can I Provide on this Site?...

peace...

For Christssakes.

Denied:1up! Software ()

In the schools currently, the students are taught about puberty and the human body in fifth grade
Is that in Colorado? If so, you prove mal wrong.
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]In the schools currently, the students are taught about puberty and the human body in fifth grade. This is a science-based curriculum, according to Nancy Costillo, counselor at the middle school. There is no curriculum currently taught in sixth grade.

Seventh-graders learn about the human body and healthy relationships, and eighth-graders receive a science-based human-sexuality and STD curriculum.
[/FONT]

Forum List

Back