Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the ACLU is going after precedent then?

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the school will throw out the rule before it gets that far. I mean, why do they need any prom rules if they don't have a prom.

I guess if their goal is to make sure every other school in the country has to allow queers to attend the prom or cancel the prom then they should keep up the great work! :thup:

Since clearly cases like this are doing wonders to improve attitudes toward queers. :lol:

That is the word in question. Not nice.

Really???

How come I haven't heard anyone complain about Queer as Folk or Queer eye for the straight guy?

Is it like ******, as in you have to be one to use it?

You get it. Please don't play games. I really hate that. Neither word is appropriate and you know it.

That is the word in question. Not nice.

Really???

How come I haven't heard anyone complain about Queer as Folk or Queer eye for the straight guy?

You get it. Please don't play games. I really hate that. Neither word is appropriate and you know it.

I respectfully disagree.

If I said faggot or homo I would agree. But I've never heard of queer being derogatory. Why would it be?

Really???

I respectfully disagree.

If I said faggot or homo I would agree. But I've never heard of queer being derogatory. Why would it be?

How often do you hear people use that word (queer)?? Very seldom. It was used a lot in the 50's and 60's. It's funny how it works. People stopped using that word because it was considered offensive and started using, "fruit" and "fag" instead.

Gee, thank goodness they don't say, "queer" anymore. :rolleyes: Isn't that ridiculous???

Really???

I respectfully disagree.

Queer means not normal.

Since when did you get to decide what others find offensive?

Bottom line...if someone is offended and you continue to be an asshole, you're a bully.

Not that there's anything illegal with that.

Again...

Why is it not offensive in queer eye for the straight guy and queer as folk, but it is when I say it?

Again...

Why is it not offensive in queer eye for the straight guy and queer as folk, but it is when I say it?
Intent.

I can joke with my parents that they had too many kids because they're Catholics but if someone else does it I'd punch them in the nose.

Your intent is to belittle.

Simple as that.

I am not sure about EVERY State in the Union, but I Know that in Colorado, specifically the Largest School District in the State, Jefferson County, that Sex Education begins in the 5th Grade.

It does NOT include Information for the LGBT "Community".

The Claim as I Understand it from that Community is that they Knew they were "Gay" when they VERY Young, some as far back as Kindergarten.

Is it not Discrimination for the "Gay" Children during Sex Ed to only hear about what their Bodies are Designed to do Naturally?

Should "Gay" 5th Graders being Learning Sex Ed that Pertains to them?...

Should ALL 5th Graders be Learning it with them?

The 5th Grade Sex Booklet which is almost 30 Years Old is fairly Explicit on the Issues of Sex and Reproduction, and even Discusses "Love" in Relation to Sex, but it only Describes Heterosexual Acts of Sex.

Is this Unconstitutional Discriminatory?

I am Looking for the Opinions of those who Feel what Happened in Mississippi is Wrong or Unconstitutional.

:)

peace...
Gay is NOT natural!!!!

I respectfully disagree.

How often do you hear people use that word (queer)?? Very seldom. It was used a lot in the 50's and 60's. It's funny how it works. People stopped using that word because it was considered offensive and started using, "fruit" and "fag" instead.

Gee, thank goodness they don't say, "queer" anymore. :rolleyes: Isn't that ridiculous???

Queer as Folk or Queer Eye for the Straight Guy were not shows from the 50's and 60's.

If anything, Rinata, you have it ass backward according to Wikipedia:

Queer has traditionally meant odd or unusual, though modern use often pertains to LGBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and non-normative heterosexual) people. Its usage is considered controversial and underwent substantial changes over the course of the 20th Century with some LGBT people re-claiming the term as a means of self-empowerment. The term is still considered by some to be offensive and derisive, and by others as a re-appropriated term used to describe a sexual orientation and/or gender identity or gender expression that does not conform to heteronormative society.

Or perhaps you'd like to
visit the Queer Alliance and Resource Center (QARC), who we are, what we have done, and what we plan to do! It’s a great chance to make some new friends and hang out with some of the greatest queer and ally folks on campus

Queer Berkeley

Again...

Intent.

I can joke with my parents that they had too many kids because they're Catholics but if someone else does it I'd punch them in the nose.

Your intent is to belittle.

Simple as that.

Now, now...Mani is using the comraderie of a Fellow Traveler. ;)

Forum List

Back