Mitch McConnell Promises a Massive Government Shutdown If Republicans Win The Senate

PoliticalTorch

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2014
U.S.A.
Mitch McConnell Promises a Massive Government Shutdown If Republicans Win The Senate

--------------------------------------------------------------
Of course this is what it's all about for Republicans and what we've come to expect from them. They want to play politics and be King of the Hill at all times. They don't have your best interests in mind as McConnell is plainly telling you with his threat.

It's high time to give this guy the BOOT!! Get him out of the Senate, Posthaste! If you don't, you will only be hurting yourself, your family, and the ones you love after November and the CUTS to follow will hit you very hard in your pocketbook. Know and understand that well.

That's Why Unless You're Independently Wealthy You Can't Ever Afford To Vote Republican Especially In the Next Few Elections, If Ever Again.

As filtered through Real Liberal Politics!

Mitch McConnell has a game plan to confront President Barack Obama with a stark choice next year: Accept bills reining in the administration’s policies, or veto them and risk a government shutdown.

Yep. Stop acting like a deranged monarch or we will take your marbles away. YAYYYYYY.

It wouldn't be good for America, but I really wonder what the political impact on the gop would be if this happened. But, then it's not really clear what McConnell would demand. Defunding Obamacare is something Obama will refuse to compromise upon. And he shouldn't. If McConnell's got the votes to repeal it then ok, thought that too would be unpopular with the majority of voters, unless he's got a better plan.

it's clear the republicans aren't working for the majority of or the American people they represent. I don't understand what they have to offer to anybody but the super rich and only a fool would vote for any of them. I know, you reps all think you are the winners and deserve it all. you are gonna get what you all deserve if you keep voting for them.

It wouldn't be good for America, but I really wonder what the political impact on the gop would be if this happened. But, then it's not really clear what McConnell would demand. Defunding Obamacare is something Obama will refuse to compromise upon. And he shouldn't. If McConnell's got the votes to repeal it then ok, thought that too would be unpopular with the majority of voters, unless he's got a better plan.
If they ever repealed Obamacare, those who now have what they could never have before would see that they would not be able to keep their insurance the same if they have Pre-Existing Conditions (and so many have), for one. And their children would be immediately taken off their insurance when they reached a certain age. That among many other reasons why it makes good, prudent sense to Keep Obamacare.

If they ever repealed Obamacare, those who now have what they could never have before would see that they would not be able to keep their insurance the same if they have Pre-Existing Conditions (and so many have), for one. And their children would be immediately taken off their insurance when they reached a certain age. That among many other reasons why it makes good, prudent sense to Keep Obamacare.

So if we write a bill keeping those two things can we get rid of the rest of the crap?

Liberals bed wetters are in fantasyland as usual. If you read the linked article the author concludes that losing the Senate is a "good thing" for Democrats....:lol:

The headline from their source is much better

McConnell’s plan to shut down Obama
......... and in the process HURT ALL Americans!

Not just McConnell. The GOP/Repub/teepotty have all been very clear that they want to bring our government down. They have said it over and over - that they want government to cease functioning and to hell with the country.

We cannot say we were not warned.
I don't think it's clear what McConnell really means. If it's another shutdown over Obamacare, he'll ensure the dems retake the Senate in 16 and probably retain the WH. If it's shutdown the EPA unless Obama reverses course on shutting down existing coal plants and causing the price of elec to rise, I'm all for it.

Not just McConnell. The GOP/Repub/teepotty have all been very clear that they want to bring our government down. They have said it over and over - that they want government to cease functioning and to hell with the country.

I don't think it's clear what McConnell really means. If it's another shutdown over Obamacare, he'll ensure the dems retake the Senate in 16 and probably retain the WH. If it's shutdown the EPA unless Obama reverses course on shutting down existing coal plants and causing the price of elec to rise, I'm all for it.
Maybe he means what he said....Accept bills reining in the administration’s policies, or veto them and risk a government shutdown.

It's time for obama to work with the GOP stop playing king. His free pass ends with a GOP win

--------------------------------------------------------------
Of course this is what it's all about for Republicans and what we've come to expect from them. They want to play politics and be King of the Hill at all times. They don't have your best interests in mind as McConnell is plainly telling you with his threat.

It's high time to give this guy the BOOT!! Get him out of the Senate, Posthaste! If you don't, you will only be hurting yourself, your family, and the ones you love after November and the CUTS to follow will hit you very hard in your pocketbook. Know and understand that well.

That's Why Unless You're Independently Wealthy You Can't Ever Afford To Vote Republican Especially In the Next Few Elections, If Ever Again.

The eunuch is talking tough because he wants the rubes to believe he still has a set of balls.

It goes without saying that this government, the way it is presently needs to stop functioning. It should have stopped functioning two years ago.

It goes without saying that this government, the way it is presently needs to stop functioning. It should have stopped functioning two years ago.

Long before that.

Repubs said they would bring our govt to its knees and it has done exactly that.

PROVE that's not true.

Maybe he means what he said....Accept bills reining in the administration’s policies, or veto them and risk a government shutdown.

It's time for obama to work with the GOP stop playing king. His free pass ends with a GOP win
Well, look, the TPM in the House shut down the govt over Obamacare simply because they can't muster the votes to repeal or replace it, and that was a political overstep by the GOP. So, it's not really possible to understand exactly what McConnell would demand. And even then, he's a politician in a race, and he's deeply unpopular with the TPM in his own state. So, he's pandering ... as all politicians do, and he's not got any cred. He started out 6 years ago saying his goal was to make Obama a one termer. He failed miserably at that.

Forum List

Back