🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Moderates" are the problem

How does morality outside of organized religion differ from morality inside of organized religion?

dear, all morality comes from religion. Morality outside of religion is hip hop morality, for example. Do you have a better example?.

I believe you can have both - a family and a village - but my first choice would be a family.

(Hey RWer, I can't quote your posts?)

The definition of family is genetic for humans and other animals.

no dear, humans create many different cultures and family styles. We think and adapt in many different ways, some very destructive. Animals have far less mental ability to adapt so are far more on auto-pilot. Do you understand?

"dear, all morality comes from religion"
I disagree. I know many who do not adhere to any religion, but who have a strong sense of what is moral and what is immoral. Maybe they CALL it ethical or unethical, or something like that. But I believe it boils down to the same thing.

It is actually called "Governing by Principles"!

Whether liberal or conservative the bench mark I have of any politician is are their principles in synch with mine.
Very few of conservatives and most liberals are not in synch with my principles.
One of my principles is very simple and comes from :
:"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
"provide for the common defense"..
At the current rate of demoralization of our military and the reduction of our influences in the world, I'd say Hussein has NOT followed that simple principle.

Your 'principles' are not what you believe they are.

The rest of us believe in moderation and shared governance.

We are not going back to the Eddie's social con 1950s, much less hm's pre-1803.

"dear, all morality comes from religion"
I disagree. I know many who do not adhere to any religion, but who have a strong sense of what is moral and what is immoral. Maybe they CALL it ethical or unethical, or something like that. But I believe it boils down to the same thing.

dear most people have no idea where their morality, language, culture, customs came from. These are things we absorb unconsciously. So the people you know got their morality from religion whether they have the IQ to know it or not. Before religion there was only Rome.

Do you understand?

"no dear, humans create many different cultures and family styles"

Why are you calling me dear? Is it your way of trying to be condescending?

I disagree. A family is a definitive term - linked by genetics. People can try to call other bonds "family" bonds, but they are not. If folks want to act like they are - that's fine - no harm no foul as far as I am concerned.

But the word family has a definition.

"dear most people have no idea where their morality language culture came from. These are things we absorb unconsciously. So the people you know got thier morality from religion. Before religion there was only Rome."

(Sorry, my quote feature is not working correctly)

I find your claim to know where EVERYONE'S sense of right and wrong comes from to be absurdly arrogant. And demonstrably false.

it isn't but it should be now that liberals have killed the church and morality. Don't forget, our Founders assumed a foundation of religious behavior that no longer exists. Today we have hip hop culture.

Our founders wanted freedom to have religion or freedom to NOT have religion. They were running from religious tyrants, so you are wrong. Our constitution guarantees people of the United States the right to pursue happiness! If getting married makes gay people happy, then you don't have the right to deny them their happiness, tyrant!

No, you're wrong there. In the time of our founding there simply was no atheist movement, certainly not within our government.

When the founders spoke of freedom of religion, they were thinking of a situation like the Church of England specifically, where one branch of Christianity was enforced by the government. It's a complete misnomer to state that our country wasn't founded ON religion though, I mean our Declaration of Independence speaks of God. Our Congress has a clergyman, and opens EVERY session with prayer. Our national monuments are packed full of religious symbols.

In their time, an atheist was unthinkable. Remember, they thought the indians were savages because they didn't believe in the monotheistic God.

The freedom of religion has totally been misshapen by those with agendas. Heck, I'll go even further, at the time they signed the COTUS many of the colonies/soon to be states DID have official religions, and that is the way the founders intended. Each state could have religion as they chose, free from the FEDERAL government intervening. If one state had a religion you didn't like, you simply moved to another.

even more important, our Founders assumed the people had a religious morality. Today, liberals have killed religious morality so we need a new source of religious morality and that has to be the govt I'm afraid.
Wow, I wonder what form of govt shared that view

"it takes a village to raise a child"

-Hillary Clinton

But it takes a Viking to raze a village.

"dear most people have no idea where their morality language culture came from. These are things we absorb unconsciously. So the people you know got thier morality from religion. Before religion there was only Rome."

I find your claim to know where EVERYONE'S sense of right and wrong comes from to be absurdly arrogant. And demonstrably false.

dear if false you have to say why. Do you understand that you must support your conclusions?

"no dear, humans create many different cultures and family styles"

Why are you calling me dear? Is it your way of trying to be condescending?

I disagree. A family is a definitive term - linked by genetics. People can try to call other bonds "family" bonds, but they are not. If folks want to act like they are - that's fine - no harm no foul as far as I am concerned.

But the word family has a definition.
I think he's just an azzhole.

Our founders wanted freedom to have religion or freedom to NOT have religion. They were running from religious tyrants, so you are wrong. Our constitution guarantees people of the United States the right to pursue happiness! If getting married makes gay people happy, then you don't have the right to deny them their happiness, tyrant!

No, you're wrong there. In the time of our founding there simply was no atheist movement, certainly not within our government.

When the founders spoke of freedom of religion, they were thinking of a situation like the Church of England specifically, where one branch of Christianity was enforced by the government. It's a complete misnomer to state that our country wasn't founded ON religion though, I mean our Declaration of Independence speaks of God. Our Congress has a clergyman, and opens EVERY session with prayer. Our national monuments are packed full of religious symbols.

In their time, an atheist was unthinkable. Remember, they thought the indians were savages because they didn't believe in the monotheistic God.

The freedom of religion has totally been misshapen by those with agendas. Heck, I'll go even further, at the time they signed the COTUS many of the colonies/soon to be states DID have official religions, and that is the way the founders intended. Each state could have religion as they chose, free from the FEDERAL government intervening. If one state had a religion you didn't like, you simply moved to another.

even more important, our Founders assumed the people had a religious morality. Today, liberals have killed religious morality so we need a new source of religious morality and that has to be the govt I'm afraid.
Wow, I wonder what form of govt shared that view

"it takes a village to raise a child"

-Hillary Clinton

But it takes a Viking to raze a village.

liberal without IQ for substance

dear if false you have to say why. Do you understand that you must support your conclusions?

right after you support your arrogant claims.

Are you calling me "dear" in an attempt to be condescending?

Forum List

Back