Moderation Announcement -- August 15 -- 3 Strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sorry if my previous posts were off topic. I personally welcome the changes. I think the best 'times' I had here was last March when some serious intellectually inspired threads were started; threads that are still in the 'sticky ' section now. I came here to learn and now I wish we and the world could find a solution. It is time to look at the facts on the ground and quit the 'same old, same old' complaints about the past; look to a future.

I only worry that this may bring back 'that one guy'. However, it may just give him enough rope to hang himself forever from here. ;)

The "strike" should be applied to the initial derailment only. Responding to the derailing post should be viewed as a valid response to an assertion, claim etc.

That's kinda hard to do. Because in that case, its moderation that has to clean up mess. And not infracting all the major players in that derailment -- that makes much LONGER diversions and clean-ups for moderation.

Our job is NOT to infract and ban people. Our job is to keep threads open, readable and on-topic. And allowing a free-for-all because ONE person makes a mistake just ruins pages of posts.

Everyone is responsible for their own content. Now in lesser zones (Zone3) -- we ALLOW a slight diversion here and there. And we depend on common courtesy that the posters know when to quit. Just like in real life. :eusa_angel:

I kind of think that the 'Semite' tag, whether anti or pro does apply to both groups that inhabit that region and therefore should no longer be used.

I kind of think that the 'Semite' tag, whether anti or pro does apply to both groups that inhabit that region and therefore should no longer be used.

Actually, Teddy, the term antisemitic was coined to refer exclusively to Jews. It's original purpose as designed by its originator Willhelm Marr was to legitimize the hatred of Jews by using this pseudo-scientific term.

It has NEVER indicated prejudice against all semitic people, only Jews.

Actually, I do have a serious question. Will these determinations be made by moderators who are fairly neutral on the subject, or will there be a continuation of the current status quo of decisions being made by those with the most burning interest in the outcome of the conflict?

It's really which mod picks up the report or stumbles on it. You know the 2 mods that post here. And that's not very often. But I've checked a lot of warnings and almost EVERY mod is equally represented on I/P warnings. For BOTH sides BTW...

It's really some pretty damn simple things we're asking for. It's respecting the topic. And being considerate of others in making noise and derailments. And MOSTLY NOT making the convo about each other (or the mods).

Hi. what exactly is the " Three Strike Rule?"

Whatever. :rolleyes: Whenever this place figures out having a jew-hater as a mod of this section is a good idea, any changes you make are nothing.

There's the max of my contribution to this shit area. :thup:

Actually, I do have a serious question. Will these determinations be made by moderators who are fairly neutral on the subject, or will there be a continuation of the current status quo of decisions being made by those with the most burning interest in the outcome of the conflict?

It's really which mod picks up the report or stumbles on it. You know the 2 mods that post here. And that's not very often. But I've checked a lot of warnings and almost EVERY mod is equally represented on I/P warnings. For BOTH sides BTW...

It's really some pretty damn simple things we're asking for. It's respecting the topic. And being considerate of others in making noise and derailments. And MOSTLY NOT making the convo about each other (or the mods).

There's a link in the OP to the announcement. Which is in the "sticky" part of this forum's listing. It's a plan on based on number warnings in a year for forums where regular warnings are not working. The ultimate end is -- folks that can't comply with the simple rules are "forum banned" from just THIS forum -- permanently. If they accumulate more than 5 warnings in that period.

It's only used when moderation has counseled most of the offenders and is not getting compliance at all.

Whatever. :rolleyes: Whenever this place figures out having a jew-hater as a mod of this section is a good idea, any changes you make are nothing.

There's the max of my contribution to this shit area. :thup:

I know of NO "jew haters" on the USMB Moderation Staff. Only folks who are compassionate about fair resolution to the 40 year old "occupation" . There's nobody on Staff that wants to Israel pushed out of the Holy Land.

There's a link in the OP to the announcement. Which is in the "sticky" part of this forum's listing. It's a plan on based on number warnings in a year for forums where regular warnings are not working. The ultimate end is -- folks that can't comply with the simple rules are "forum banned" from just THIS forum -- permanently. If they accumulate more than 5 warnings in that period.

It's only used when moderation has counseled most of the offenders and is not getting compliance at all.

Then shouldn't it be the Five Strikes rule? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back