Modern conservatives sympathizing with The Confederacy... Is this a thing now?

The South didn't start the war. They just wanted to be left alone, so their motives are irrelevant.

But they didn't deserve to be left alone. Like a dog that craps in the bedroom and gets its nose rubbed in it, the south was treating humans wrong and needed to be trained to act accordingly.

So then why didn't the federal government invade Cuba? They has slavery as well. In fact, there are countries that have slavery right now. Why isn't out government carpet bombing them?

You're argument falls to pieces the minute you start applying it to other countries.

Bottom line: you're an idiot.

Maybe because Cuba was not part of the United States and Cuba didn't attack us

South Carolina was not part of the United States after it seceded. It also didn't attack the United States. It kicked some trespassers out of its territory.

You keep regurgitating the same old horseshit. You're obviously incapable of rational thought.

Of course they were
The traitors also attacked their own country

Got what they deserved

Hey kiddo, the Union was saved, but far more yankees were killed during the war than Confederates, and after the war supposedly ended many more yankees , black and white were killed than Confederates. I'm not grieving for the Confederate States Of America, that's settled, but what it proved was that the United States Of America is an Empire, held together by force, same as the Soviet Union, and the present day Russian Confederacy.

But they didn't deserve to be left alone. Like a dog that craps in the bedroom and gets its nose rubbed in it, the south was treating humans wrong and needed to be trained to act accordingly.

So then why didn't the federal government invade Cuba? They has slavery as well. In fact, there are countries that have slavery right now. Why isn't out government carpet bombing them?

You're argument falls to pieces the minute you start applying it to other countries.

South Carolina was not part of the United States after it seceded. It also didn't attack the United States. It kicked some trespassers out of its territory.

You keep regurgitating the same old horseshit. You're obviously incapable of rational thought.

Of course they were

Got what they deserved

Hey kiddo, the Union was saved, but far more yankees were killed during the war than Confederates, and after the war supposedly ended many more yankees , black and white were killed than Confederates. I'm not grieving for the Confederate States Of America, that's settled, but what it proved was that the United States Of America is an Empire, held together by force, same as the Soviet Union, and the present day Russian Confederacy.

Name a country that won't apply force to rebellions or in response to military attacks. There are none. Thus, the criticism you levy at the US is true for any nation, anywhere. At any time.

So the belief that States can secede from the union now means we believe in slavery.

Um...OK?

Have you ever been tested to see if you have an IQ?
You dont have a right to secede first ....Second If you are a supporter of confederates you support slavery since that was what they were about....I know you like to believe they were for states rights but the only right they cared about was the one that wrongly said they could own people.

kaz: I don't support the confederacy, I support the right of secession.

Thanatos: Duh, dar, drool, oh, that means you support slavery since you support the confederacy. Drool, drool

Thanks for showing all stupid people are not liberals. Sometimes it seems that way, but I think it's important to remember you're well represented on the right too
Maybe you should read what I wrote dumbass. There is no right to secede. None. It is not in the constitution or bill of rights.....These little truth seem to stump you.

Wrong, there is nothing in the Constitution that would prevent succession, the 10th Amendment says if the power is not granted to the federal government by the Constitution it doesn't exist, so any power regarding succession is reserved to the States. So your perceived truth is a lie.
The 10th amendment is not the right to secede. Otherwise it wouldn't say what ever power the Fed doesn't have . Why is it libertarians always promote confederates who were nothing about liberty?

No one is promoting the confederacy in this thread. Jesus, you are dumb as a pile of bricks. You're stupid enough to be a liberal.

Spread your legs wide sweetie, you gotta earn a living somehow

You mean he was an was an imperialist who wanted to subjugate the Southern states and force them to pay crushing tariffs so his Northern industrialist cronies could siphon off their wealth.

Their wealth was accumulated through unconstitutional means. Slavery was, is, and always will be unconstitutional (the fact that America didn't always consider this truth is beside the point). If the government tells you what you're doing is unconstitutional, you either follow the rules or you rebel and get what's coming to you. The south chose option 2.

You aren't going to stop arguing slavery even if no one else is arguing slavery, are you?

Slavery is part of the Confederate equation, no matter how much one tries to push it to the side.

I'm tired of reading "the Confederacy's motives are irrelevant" and other equivalents. When evaluating any situation honestly, motive is always pertinent.

Who are you quoting? If you ever want to discuss my position, let me know. I'll let you handle the voices in your head, moron

The South didn't start the war
Obviously they did with their attack on Ft. Sumter

When you have a guest invited for three nights stay in your home, that they don't leave when you tell them it's time to go that didn't make your guest room theirs, they are tresspassing

The State of South Carolina ceded the land in question to the US government. And the land belonged to the US government. Even the South recognized this when they offered to buy it and other US federal holdings from the US government.

Wadding your analogy up into a little ball and going for the 3 point shot in the waste basket of discarded nonsense.

The South didn't start the war
Obviously they did with their attack on Ft. Sumter

When you have a guest invited for three nights stay in your home, that they don't leave when you tell them it's time to go that didn't make your guest room theirs, they are tresspassing

The State of South Carolina ceded the land in question to the US government. And the land belonged to the US government. Even the South recognized this when they offered to buy it and other US federal holdings from the US government.

Wadding your analogy up into a little ball and going for the 3 point shot in the waste basket of discarded nonsense.

The north talked about buying slaves, does that mean they were validating slavery? Or were they being expedient?

And the South's motives were to preserve slavery. A system of degradation and vile exploitation that the South used as the foundation of its economy.

How people fail to see the connection baffles me.

Complete tunnel vision.

Lincoln himself denied that there was any connection, dumbass.

Quote him denying that there was any connection.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it"

Abraham Lincoln, Letter to Horace Greely, 1862

That isn't him saying that there's no connection between slavery and the confederacy. Please quote him denying that there is any connection.

Yes it is. I knew you would find some reason for ignoring the facts.

Slavery is part of the Confederate equation, no matter how much one tries to push it to the side.

I'm tired of reading "the Confederacy's motives are irrelevant" and other equivalents. When evaluating any situation honestly, motive is always pertinent.

And the South's motives were to preserve slavery. A system of degradation and vile exploitation that the South used as the foundation of its economy.

The South didn't start the war. They just wanted to be left alone, so their motives are irrelevant.

To my knowledge, neither Cuba nor any other vague country you're referencing were part of the USA and broke off because of slavery. Maybe that's why. We had an interest in teaching the south to fly right, because they were part of the USA. As many others have pointed out here, the USA had military bases in Confederate states. So your argument falls apart on the basis that it makes zero sense. It's apples and oranges. This is simple stuff, bro..

"We had an interest in teach the south to fly right?" That's a justification for killing 850,00 people? Do you realize how stupid you come off?

We have military bases all over the world. The minute a host country tells us to leave, then we have to leave. Your argument is idiotic. All your arguments are idiotic, and you know it.

Complete tunnel vision.

That isn't him saying that there's no connection between slavery and the confederacy. Please quote him denying that there is any connection.

Wow, your reading skills are atrocious, seriously

Whether or not the Southern Sovereign States had the right under the Constitution to secede has nothing to do with slavery. They are separate issues.

It has everything to do with the claim that 'There's nothing more American than what the South fought for'.

Unless you believe there's nothing more American than slavery.

The Founding Fathers all owned slaves, you fucking dumbass.

Of course they were

Got what they deserved

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

Complete tunnel vision.

They can't see what they don't want to see.

Whether or not the Southern Sovereign States had the right under the Constitution to secede has nothing to do with slavery. They are separate issues.

The Lincoln cult members don't want to separate them because all their other arguments are idiotic. This one is idiotic too, but a lot of people are intimidated by it.

Atrocious was probably too hard a word for him. Skylar, that means your reading skills suck

Atrocious was probably too hard a word for him. Skylar, that means your reading skills suck

Have you noticed how they keep repeating the same arguments over and over and over? The worst thing about this thread is the fact that it's so boring arguing with these dumbasses.

So the belief that States can secede from the union now means we believe in slavery.

Um...OK?

Have you ever been tested to see if you have an IQ?
You dont have a right to secede first ....Second If you are a supporter of confederates you support slavery since that was what they were about....I know you like to believe they were for states rights but the only right they cared about was the one that wrongly said they could own people.

Thanatos: Duh, dar, drool, oh, that means you support slavery since you support the confederacy. Drool, drool

Thanks for showing all stupid people are not liberals. Sometimes it seems that way, but I think it's important to remember you're well represented on the right too
Maybe you should read what I wrote dumbass. There is no right to secede. None. It is not in the constitution or bill of rights.....These little truth seem to stump you.

Wrong, there is nothing in the Constitution that would prevent succession, the 10th Amendment says if the power is not granted to the federal government by the Constitution it doesn't exist, so any power regarding succession is reserved to the States. So your perceived truth is a lie.
The 10th amendment is not the right to secede. Otherwise it wouldn't say what ever power the Fed doesn't have . Why is it libertarians always promote confederates who were nothing about liberty?

This is exactly what it says. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Since there is no prohibition on succession in the Constitution, like I said, the powers regarding it are left to the States. So prove me wrong or go on you marry way.

This is exactly what it says. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Since there is no prohibition on succession in the Constitution, like I said, the powers regarding it are left to the States. So prove me wrong or go on you marry way.

I guarantee you he will post that the South had no right to secede at least 50 more times. Repeating the same discredited claims over and over is all they know how to do.

Have you noticed how they keep repeating the same arguments over and over and over? The worst thing about this thread is the fact that it's so boring arguing with these dumbasses.

If they actually had arguments, they would focus on what we said instead of focusing on ignoring what we said

Of course they were

Got what they deserved

The difference is that the people are free to come and go as they please......the states are not

Forum List

Back