Modern conservatives sympathizing with The Confederacy... Is this a thing now?

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:

A PROCLAMATION

WHEREAS the laws of the United States have been, for some time past, and now are opposed, and the execution thereof obstructed, in the States of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, or by the powers vested in the marshals by law.

Now, therefore, I, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, President of the United States, in virtue of the power in me vested by the Constitution and the laws, have thought fit to call forth, and hereby do call forth, the militia of the several States of the Union, to the aggregate number of seventy-five thousand, in order to suppress said combinations, and to cause the laws to be duly executed.

The details for this object will be immediately communicated to the State authorities through the War Department.

I appeal to all loyal citizens to favor, facilitate, and aid this effort to maintain the honor, the integrity, and the existence of our National Union, and the perpetuity of popular government; and to redress wrongs already long enough endured. I deem it proper to say that the first service assigned to the forces hereby called forth will probably be to repossess the forts, places, and property which have been seized from the Union; and in every event, the utmost care will be observed, consistently with the objects aforesaid, to avoid any devastation, any destruction of, or interference with, property, or any disturbance of peaceful citizens in any part of the country.

And I hereby command the persons composing the combinations aforesaid to disperse, and retire peaceably to their respective abodes within twenty days from this date.

Deeming that the present condition of public affairs presents an extraordinary occasion, I do hereby, in virtue of the power in me vested by the Constitution, convene both Houses of Congress. Senators and Representatives are therefore summoned to assemble at their respective chambers, at twelve o'clock, noon, on Thursdays the fourth day of July next, then and there to consider and determine such measures as, in their wisdom, the public safety and interest may seem to demand.

By the President:ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Secretary of State WILLIAM H. SEWARD

You may be correct about that. However, he still had no permission from Congress to invade a State of the Union.
Yeah, I'm correct about that and you're wrong.

& The Constitution gave him that permission, neo-confed.

It gave him permission to raise the militia, not to invade Virginia, Stalinist bootlicker.

Your screed about New York turned out to be total bullshit, didn't it?
The Confederate Constitution forbade the importation of African slaves- except it explicitly allowed for the importation of slaves from other slave states.

The South had no problem with banning the overseas slave trade. They were breeding them here. More money to be made.

Didn't want outside competition.

That's because the slave trade was head quartered in New England.
Bullshit.

South Carolina baby. Major slave port. Where your beloved slavemasters did a whole lot of auctioning.

Then they bred them down home. Right here.

After the slaveholder had the shot at raping the women, they forced the best and strongest to "breed."

Of course they landed slave ships in the South. That's where most of the slaves were sold. Then they headed to the Caribbean to pick up molasses, and then they returned to Boston or Nantucket where their owners and crews lived.

Yankees owned the slave trade. Yankees are the ones who sailed to Africa to purchase human beings, and then packed them into ships in utterly inhuman conditions. A good percentage of the cargo died before it ever reached America.
And the south created a country to preserve that horror

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: -S-
That "contract" established a judicial system to reslove those issues. The south had no problems with the courts when the Dred Scott case was decided or the Fugitive Slave Laws were passed

It was only when decisions went against them that they wanted to take their ball and go home

I already proved it's not a contract, fool.

The supreme court is an arm of the government. Allowing that arrangement to resolve disputes between the government and the people would be like having a game between the Patriots and the Seahawks and having the Patriot's coaching staff do all the officiating for the game.

No one has a problem when things go their way, especially not the government, and things almost always go its way.

Sorry, but you proved you are a moron

The Constitution was the contract of our nation and was signed by all states

You are not allowed to unilaterally void a contract

Show me where it said that those that entered the Union could not exit the Union.

On the flip side, show us where it states that those that entered the Union COULD exit the Union.

Right here.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
They tried and failed.

I've been tousling and beating the crap out of Mike's poverty-ridden arguments for over ten years now, and he does indeed try and make the case - in exactly this context, that if a person was kidnapped and they treated them well, then that's a comparable to how we should see "the good aspects of slavery."

And when cornered about what he brags are how kind and noble the slavemasters were, he trucks out <very carefully selected snippets> of the Slave Narratives

-- told in the depression era, by what were only the youngest of children at the time of slavery. Many of whom were of course very scared to say much to government workers in the Jim Crow days -- and if you look deeper at the ones who *did* expand, would talk about the brutal whippings they watched or endured.

Mike doesn't talk much about that.

LOL! Now how precious is THAT?

Straw Reasoning advanced as reason.

(I never tire of watching the Left try to think... it is always HYSTERICAL ... and in every sense of the word.)

The supreme court is an arm of the government. Allowing that arrangement to resolve disputes between the government and the people would be like having a game between the Patriots and the Seahawks and having the Patriot's coaching staff do all the officiating for the game.

No one has a problem when things go their way, especially not the government, and things almost always go its way.

Show me where it said that those that entered the Union could not exit the Union.

On the flip side, show us where it states that those that entered the Union COULD exit the Union.

Right here.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
They tried and failed.

The consequence of the effort is irrelevant. As the entire exercise amounts to nothing else. They died free... and exercising their God-given right to be free.

There isn' as much wrong with him, as there is with the people he's been exposed to.

The great Lee Atwater made use of a strategy that has become a cornerstone for Fox News, Rush, and the GOP. It's where you accuse the other guy of being far worse than you are, when it comes to your worst perceptions.

That's whay you see righties on this site saying that Democrats/Lefties/etc enslave blacks, hate gays, oppress women, etc.....

who accused the GOP of having a war on women?

Who states that that when the GOP is in favor of voter ID that the GOP are racists?

Who accuses the taxed enough already party of being racists?

who accuses the GOP of keepin' the black man down?

you are a lair
Nobody accuses the GOP of having a war on women. Lot's of people accuse Rush Limbaugh of hating women, becase the fat loser can't keep a wife no matter how much he tries to buy them, and they criticized Mitt Romney for having binders full of women. The rest is all in yur head.

The motivations for the GOP's proposed voter fraud protection laws are based in their desire to prevent minorities from voting.

Not all Tea Partiers are racists, but some are.

Nobody accuses the GOP of keeping the black man down, they accuse Stormfronters, KKK types, and other bigots of trying to do that

I suggest you goggle "GOP war on women".
I did google it, and all the articles coming up refer to Democrats saying the GOP has a war on women.

Not lefties in general, but Democratic officials and politicians.

What do you expect?

The question was "who accuses the GOP of having a war on women." You just answered your own question.

You are a special kind of stupid.
I get it.

You actually think Democrats and lefties, are the same thing as the Democratic leadership, and politicians.

Adorable

Right here.

They tried and failed.

The consequence of the effort is irrelevant. As the entire exercise amounts to nothing else. They died free... and exercising their God-given right to be free.
I find it absurd anyone would use the term free with any confederate. I am sure their slaves were just happy they were dead. The confederates are the antithesis of what being a conservative is.

Right here.

They tried and failed.

I find it absurd anyone would use the term free with any confederate. I am sure their slaves were just happy they were dead. The confederates are the antithesis of what being a conservative is.

I find it absurd that you find that absurd.

Slaves, be they black or white, male or female... were recognized as something shy of Livestock. Do you find it offensive that lower forms of mammals were exploited for their means to assist in manual labor?

Or... are you content to apply modern understandings to judgment of those who lived 3 centuries ago, which is unavoidable by those mired in ignorance.

Right here.

They tried and failed.

Slaves, be they black or white, male or female... were recognized as something shy of Livestock. Do you find it offensive that lower forms of mammals were exploited for their means to assist in manual labor?

Or... are you content to apply modern understandings to judgment of those who lived 3 centuries ago, which is unavoidable by those mired in ignorance.

Math is Hard!

Right here.

They tried and failed.

Math is Hard!

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

(Reader, once again, the key to defeating Leftists in debate is as follows:

1- Find a Leftist.

2- Get them to speak.)

They tried and failed.

Math is Hard!

1- Find a Leftist.

2- Get them to speak.)
You forgot to drop in your favorite word: axiomatic.

Because, it's axiomatic!

Math is Hard!

1- Find a Leftist.

2- Get them to speak.)
You forgot to drop in your favorite word: axiomatic.

Because, it's axiomatic!

OH! A Re-concession? Wonderful... (But you should know that once you've yielded from the standing point(s), you're not required to express your continued inability to contest the point(s). But it is always nice to see, when ya do. Understand scamp?)

Your Re-concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

It's verbatim
laugh.gif
look it up.

What is verbatim?

ver·ba·tim
vərˈbādəm/
adverb & adjective
  1. in exactly the same words as were used originally.

which words, asshole? I wasn't asking you for a definition of "verbatim."

ROFL! What a sleazy weasel. Did you have anything besides cheap personal attacks?

If you were prevented from cheap personal attacks- you wouldn't be able to post here.

Oh, right, because you don't make cheap personal attacks, like accusing people of supporting slavery.
You support the Confederacy.
They agreed to a right own slaves. Absolutely.

You would also say people who support Planned Parenthood support the right to an abortion.

Do you disagree?

It's kind of hard for you to disassociate yourself from the primary cause of a group.

It's verbatim
laugh.gif
look it up.

What is verbatim?

ver·ba·tim
vərˈbādəm/
adverb & adjective
  1. in exactly the same words as were used originally.

which words, asshole? I wasn't asking you for a definition of "verbatim."

Well, who can know for sure with you
laugh.gif

I was talking about the quote of yours that I messaged to your proud defender Kaz.
The sentence of yours I quoted is 'verbatim', i.e. it's exactly what you said. I gave him the thread and the post# so he could check himself if he were so inclined.

It was just me beating him in a debate. Nothing to see here.

But hey, at least you learned a new word.

Right here.

They tried and failed.

Very true.

But the question being discussed is whether they had the Right to try.

Do you believe the above quote?

ROFL! What a sleazy weasel. Did you have anything besides cheap personal attacks?

If you were prevented from cheap personal attacks- you wouldn't be able to post here.

Oh, right, because you don't make cheap personal attacks, like accusing people of supporting slavery.
You support the Confederacy.
They agreed to a right own slaves. Absolutely.

You would also say people who support Planned Parenthood support the right to an abortion.

Do you disagree?

It's kind of hard for you to disassociate yourself from the primary cause of a group.

NOt at all.

I am against abortion, but I support the rights of you libs to organize to advance your political beliefs.

See, easy peasy.

Forum List

Back