Money, the root of all good?

YOU really like Government running YOUR life, don't you? Liberty means ZERO to you, doesn't it? Not to mention Personal responsibility scares the HELL out of you.

YOU have a problem Find the nearest mirror and give yourself a good talking to.

MORON

I love philosophical topics, so many thoughtful and rational responses.
YOUR problem is that YOU think Government can DO no wrong...Guess what sport? You're WRONG.

Awesome, got something to say about the topic at hand or are you just looking for some recreational unfocused abuse?

Love of money is the root of all evil, get it right.

Love of money by government is the root of all evil, get it right.

Government produces nothing yet covets all that you earned. Through their desire for and taking of your earned income they redistribute to others who then also become non-producers that covet your money.

Money is the root of all good in the hands of people who want to earn more and create things of value. They can use it to make new things, new advances and new cures with that money. Government on the other can't do that.

That is all kinds of FUBAR. The person who thinks all of the scams and cheats are government based probably needs to be taken a few times to wise the hell up.

There is only one group of people that can absolutely fuck your life up and it's government. Bad decisions can be made with individuals in business and can be rectified or simply not done again if it didn't work out for you. You live and you learn not to be taken advantage of or do business with these types of people in the future.

Government on the other hand are the exact people you would never do business with in any circumstance because they are detrimental to your survival, yet by law you have to deal with them. Why would I ever want a business partner that not only has no investment in the projects success but additionally demands all of their profit up front? And why would I ever want that person to be in control of if the project can move forward or not?

There is no recovering with government demands, they simply walk away with your money without a second thought. The ultimate financial predator is the one that has no investment and the law behind them.

I stand by my statement.. never before in my lifetime has greed been displayed in this country. What is nice is this cannot be disputed. It is truly amazing.

Government produces nothing yet covets all that you earned. Through their desire for and taking of your earned income they redistribute to others who then also become non-producers that covet your money.

Money is the root of all good in the hands of people who want to earn more and create things of value. They can use it to make new things, new advances and new cures with that money. Government on the other can't do that.

That is all kinds of FUBAR. The person who thinks all of the scams and cheats are government based probably needs to be taken a few times to wise the hell up.

There is only one group of people that can absolutely fuck your life up and it's government. Bad decisions can be made with individuals in business and can be rectified or simply not done again if it didn't work out for you. You live and you learn not to be taken advantage of or do business with these types of people in the future.

Government on the other hand are the exact people you would never do business with in any circumstance because they are detrimental to your survival, yet by law you have to deal with them. Why would I ever want a business partner that not only has no investment in the projects success but additionally demands all of their profit up front? And why would I ever want that person to be in control of if the project can move forward or not?

There is no recovering with government demands, they simply walk away with your money without a second thought. The ultimate financial predator is the one that has no investment and the law behind them.

The topic at hand is comes from 1 Timothy 6:10:

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Unquote

This is a valid philosophical question worthy of discussion.

You seem to feel the government is the root of all evil.

This is not a valid philosophical question.

That is a question of your sanity.

"Taxes are what we pay for a civilized society."
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Supreme Court Justice.

If you are unhappy with the government collecting taxes I suggest you do one of two things:
1) Stop using anything that is paid for by taxes and that includes freeways (DOT), the water you drink (EPA), the food you buy (FDA), the medicines you purchase, both OTC and prescribed (FDA), the airplanes you fly in (FAA), the air you breathe (EPA), and on and on and on. Alternately, you can ...
2) Move to some country where their are no taxes. That leaves out every civilized country in the world but does open the door to Dufar, Sudan, Congo, and Somalia.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Unquote

I'm not very impressed with your philosophical abilities so far. I am certainly less impressed with your ability to think this through and come up with an educated and accurate assessment of the situation. Which is pretty much the basis of philosophy.

You seem to think this only applies to individuals and not government.

Government is at the base of society nothing more than the root of evil. Think about it. It's how the people are brought into compliance for the benefit of those in power. It's why 213 years ago a document was written that kept that government in check, it's also the very reason throughout that history those in the government have done their best to erode those small, limited government principals.

Unquote

I'm not very impressed with your philosophical abilities so far. I am certainly less impressed with your ability to think this through and come up with an educated and accurate assessment of the situation. Which is pretty much the basis of philosophy.

Government is at the base of society nothing more than the root of evil. Think about it. It's how the people are brought into compliance for the benefit of those in power. It's why 213 years ago a document was written that kept that government in check, it's also the very reason throughout that history those in the government have done their best to erode those small, limited government principals.
Bingo. Odd how Statists will TRY to quote the BIBLE when it suits their purpose of evasion.

Last edited:

Unquote

Were that true, anarchy would be the most equitable and prosperous way for humans to live, Somalia says you are wrong.

Unquote

Were that true, anarchy would be the most equitable and prosperous way for humans to live, Somalia says you are wrong.
Really? RULE of law dictated by the Constitution and decent society is also...which YOU have an aversion to. TRY again asshat.:eusa_hand:

There is no good in money. Good is found in a person. Money can be a tool to do good and it can do equally as much harm. Unfortunately greed is not a good thing and there has never been so much greed shown by those who have the most in all my lifetime. Very difficult to dispute this. But I can't change it. Its definitely not the America I grew up in.

You,ve rendered more wisdom in one little paragraph than that entire massive load of empty Ayn Rand verbosity did in a million words, not actually a million but that's what it felt like.

All he did is regurgitate typical left-wing platitudes, and it's all wrong. All the men who turds like you accuse of being "greedy" made the material wealth this country enjoys possible, while those who praise so-called "public service" have done nothing but cause poverty and suffering.

If you are unhappy with the government collecting taxes I suggest you do one of two things:
1) Stop using anything that is paid for by taxes and that includes freeways (DOT), the water you drink (EPA), the food you buy (FDA), the medicines you purchase, both OTC and prescribed (FDA), the airplanes you fly in (FAA), the air you breathe (EPA), and on and on and on. Alternately, you can ...
2) Move to some country where their are no taxes. That leaves out every civilized country in the world but does open the door to Dufar, Sudan, Congo, and Somalia.

No it doesn't, numskull. People in those countries also pay taxes. How does doing anything in #1 prevent you from paying taxes?

Bigger font doesn't make up for any other short coming's you may have. Just a note.

Rightful taxation is the price of social order. In other words, it is that portion of the citizen’s property which he yields up to the government in order to provide for the protection of all the rest. It is not to be wantonly levied on the citizen, nor levied at all except in return for benefits conferred.

I feel you fail to realize that your examples of countries without taxes have other more brutal means of enforcement that do nothing for those that are "taxed" by their warlords (government) in the name of making things better for the people. There really is no difference between Somali warlords and the democrat party. Both will demand your money in order to "protect you" while at the same time handing that money to their friends and telling them that without them they can't survive.

There is no good in money. Good is found in a person. Money can be a tool to do good and it can do equally as much harm. Unfortunately greed is not a good thing and there has never been so much greed shown by those who have the most in all my lifetime. Very difficult to dispute this. But I can't change it. Its definitely not the America I grew up in.

You,ve rendered more wisdom in one little paragraph than that entire massive load of empty Ayn Rand verbosity did in a million words, not actually a million but that's what it felt like.

All he did is regurgitate typical left-wing platitudes, and it's all wrong. All the men who turds like you accuse of being "greedy" made the material wealth this country enjoys possible, while those who praise so-called "public service" have done nothing but cause poverty and suffering.

Amen Brother. :clap2:

And you accuse initforme of regurgitating? You never say anything new.

Businesses hardly ever operate for the good of mankind, if the overall level of prosperity ever increases it's an unintended side effect. It's only because we had power over the captains of industry that we are not still living in polluted company towns being paid squat and owing our souls to the company store. That's the vision capitalism had for America.

Bigger font doesn't make up for any other short coming's you may have. Just a note.

Rightful taxation is the price of social order. In other words, it is that portion of the citizen’s property which he yields up to the government in order to provide for the protection of all the rest. It is not to be wantonly levied on the citizen, nor levied at all except in return for benefits conferred.
I feel you fail to realize that your examples of countries without taxes have other more brutal means of enforcement that do nothing for those that are "taxed" by their warlords (government) in the name of making things better for the people. There really is no difference between Somali warlords and the democrat party. Both will demand your money in order to "protect you" while at the same time handing that money to their friends and telling them that without them they can't survive.
Coercion on parade.

Businesses hardly ever operate for the good of mankind, if the overall level of prosperity ever increases it's an unintended side effect. It's only because we had power over the captains of industry that we are not still living in polluted company towns being paid squat and owing our souls to the company store. That's the vision capitalism had for America.
Actually they DO operate for the good of mankind...and to profit for the sweat of their brow...their EFFORT, their RISK for doing so. WHOM is government, (OR YOU, for that matter) dictating from on high telling them WHY and HOW they MUST be in business?

Pretty ARROGANT...YOU are.

Unquote

Anarchy is the best, most prosperous way for humans to live. However, equity is the product of tyranny.

Somalia is not an example of anarchy. It has plenty of government all vying for control of the country. Everyone in Somalia takes orders from someone on pain of death.

Businesses hardly ever operate for the good of mankind, if the overall level of prosperity ever increases it's an unintended side effect.

There's nothing new about truth. However, because of the river of propaganda from turds like you, few people know the truth, so it startles them when they hear it. Almost every business operates for the good of mankind: Ford Motor Company works ceaselessly to provide you with the best transportation it can provide. Apple works tirelessly to provide you with the best computing and transportation products it can produce. Cheap flat screen TVs are possible because of companies like Samsung and Vizio. All these things make your life pleasant. All government does is take from some so it can dispense to others, minus a handling charge. It does not increase the sum of numan happiness in any way. It decreases human happiness.

It's only because we had power over the captains of industry that we are not still living in polluted company towns being paid squat and owing our souls to the company store. That's the vision capitalism had for America.

Public property is the only place you'll find pollution. The company town is an aberration. Most industry is in big cities like Detroit, and Ford Motor Company raised the wages of all its employees far above the standard rate. Government isn't responsible for increasing wages. Corporate America did that.

If it wasn't for capitalism, your life would be nasty, brutish and short.

Last edited:

Actually they DO operate for the good of mankind...and to profit for the sweat of their brow...their EFFORT, their RISK for doing so. WHOM is government, (OR YOU, for that matter) dictating from on high telling them WHY and HOW they MUST be in business?

Pretty ARROGANT...YOU are.

The rights and well being of the people must always be weighed against the wants of the individual, there is no absolute right to profit if you are producing misery.

Forum List

Back