More Anti-Muslim Bigotry and Hate from the Far Right

Ma'am, it's exactly what I said somewhere else, the Constitution protects the use of sharia law. So unless we change the Constitution again, hands will eventually get chopped off.
And they'll get sowed back on in the appellate court.

‘A wave of anti-Muslim rallies planned for almost 30 cities across America on Saturday by far-right activists has drawn sharp criticism from civil rights groups and inspired counter-protests nationwide.

In cities including New York and Chicago, a few dozen “anti-sharia” demonstrators were outnumbered by counter-protesters.
[…]
The rallies have been organized by Act for America, which claims to be protesting about human rights violations but has been deemed an anti-Muslim hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The demonstrations prompted security fears at mosques across the country and come at a time when hate crimes against Muslims are on the rise.’

Anti-Muslim rallies across US denounced by civil rights groups

Such anti-Muslim organizations are as ignorant as they are bigoted, hateful, and wrong.

Islam is the largest hate group on the planet. Your support for sharia is noted.
Your bigotry is noted....and you might want to have a look at post 229 above and explain exactly what you would do.

No sir the bigotry of Muslims is noted, the PEW Global Attitudes survey shows that 90%+ of Muslims are homophobic, anti-Semitic, misogynistic, and theocratic with large percentages (20-30%) supporting honor killings and terrorist organizations; such as, Hamas so like I said you support the largest hate group on the planet, you're not a progressive you're the modern equivalent of a Nazi apologist you ignorant POS.
Calm the fuck down. The same can be said of radical, evangelical Christians. The point is that terrorism, honor killings ,and the like are illegal under US law, and will be enforced as such, so the whole maudlin hysterical premise that sharia law is usurping our civil and criminal law is just stupid bigoted bullshit

I said most :(....iran is an extreme example along with Saudi Arabia. Now there are 56 or so Muslim countries and those 2 countries don't represent the majority.

Here are some stats about the US:

The FBI reported that for 2006, hate crimes against gay people increased from 14% to 16% in 2005, as percentage of total documented hate crimes across the U.S.[4]The 2006 annual report, released on November 19, 2007, also said that hate crimes based on sexual orientation are the third most common type, behind race and religion.[4] In 2008, 17.6% of hate crimes were based on the victim's perceived sexual orientation. Of those crimes, 72.23% were violent in nature. 4,704 crimes were committed due to racial bias and 1,617 were committed due to sexual orientation. Of these, only one murder and one forcible rape were committed due to racial bias, whereas five murders and six rapes were committed based on sexual orientation.[5]

Wrong in most Muslim countries you'll be jailed if you assault someone regardless of their sexual orientation.

Most Muslim countries do genius. Maybe not homosexuality. I've lived in a Muslim country and gays don't get harrased like they do here. A gay person and his boyfriend were killed by a homophobe 3 years ago and many do. You are not better and you can't give lessons in that department.
Maybe you could take in our "oppressed" homo "refugees."

Which Muzzy country has Gay Pride parades? THAT would be info worth sharing!

And he was caught, prosecuted and punished. In Muslim shitholes the govt. tortures, mutilates, and kills gays.

I ALMOST gave you a "winner" for that whopper, but I chose "funny" instead.

Homos in Iran

140811-michaelson-iran-embed_mjijsu.jpg

Sharia is not all about punishment.

Critics like to focus on violent verses from the Quran in order to paint Sharia as a cruel, draconic legal system that is antithetical to American values. It’s true that Sharia does prescribe harsh punishments for acts like adultery, but according to journalist Omar Sacirbey, many of these punishments have been taken out of context, repealed, or require an incredibly high level of evidence.

According to the scholar Qasim Rashid, taking any religious text out of its historical and spiritual context will not result in an “honest legal interpretation.” The Bible also contains verses that could be seen as violent ― such as the verse in the Christian gospels when Jesus says, “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”

It's actual, and u I'm a Muslim. And no we don't implement all those punishments in most if not all Muslim countries. Just like the Christians don't anymore. There was time for those type of punishment and a contest and purely cultural and some were made up and has nothing to do with Islam.

Actually, the First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", which doesn't mean that we don't respect any religion, but that we won't make any laws to establish a dominant religion, and that sharia courts can be set up in the US. Is that what you're for?
I consider sharia a religion and there is no way that could ever possibly be instituted in this country. No way. Nada. Zero chance. Donut.
Shariah is not a religion, you ignoramus.

‘A wave of anti-Muslim rallies planned for almost 30 cities across America on Saturday by far-right activists has drawn sharp criticism from civil rights groups and inspired counter-protests nationwide.

In cities including New York and Chicago, a few dozen “anti-sharia” demonstrators were outnumbered by counter-protesters.
[…]
The rallies have been organized by Act for America, which claims to be protesting about human rights violations but has been deemed an anti-Muslim hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The demonstrations prompted security fears at mosques across the country and come at a time when hate crimes against Muslims are on the rise.’

Such anti-Muslim organizations are as ignorant as they are bigoted, hateful, and wrong.

Islam is the largest hate group on the planet. Your support for sharia is noted.
Your bigotry is noted....and you might want to have a look at post 229 above and explain exactly what you would do.

No sir the bigotry of Muslims is noted, the PEW Global Attitudes survey shows that 90%+ of Muslims are homophobic, anti-Semitic, misogynistic, and theocratic with large percentages (20-30%) supporting honor killings and terrorist organizations; such as, Hamas so like I said you support the largest hate group on the planet, you're not a progressive you're the modern equivalent of a Nazi apologist you ignorant POS.
Calm the fuck down. The same can be said of radical, evangelical Christians. The point is that terrorism, honor killings ,and the like are illegal under US law, and will be enforced as such, so the whole maudlin hysterical premise that sharia law is usurping our civil and criminal law is just stupid bigoted bullshit

A) no it can't.

B) Sharia can not be allowed as an option or we're going to end up with the same shit as the UK, a parallel legal system being enforced through extrajudicial coercion at the community level. If you think women from these rabidly patriarchal societies where family honor is more important than life, actually have a say in these matters then there's no hope for you and makes you part of the problem.

[…]

Nope. Just people who realize that Islam isn't the peaceful religion it tells everyone it is.

Bigotry?? What a load of bullshit. Only an idiot like you would see bigotry in folks who know what the death cult is.

Its idiots like you who enable the Muslims to do what they do.

You can't cure clueless.

It's actual, and u I'm a Muslim. And no we don't implement all those punishments in most if not all Muslim countries. Just like the Christians don't anymore. There was time for those type of punishment and a contest and purely cultural and some were made up and has nothing to do with Islam.

Name the school of Islamic Jurisprudence where leaving Islam is not punishable by death.

Name the school of Islamic Jurisprudence where homosexuality is legal.

I said most :(....iran is an extreme example along with Saudi Arabia. Now there are 56 or so Muslim countries and those 2 countries don't represent the majority.

Name the school of Islamic Jurisprudence where homosexuality is legal, I double dog dare you.

Sharia must be outlawed to protect women and children in Muslim America. Don't you agree?
Civil rights laws protect women and children have a whole set of laws that protect them.

Sharia can not be allowed as an option or we're going to end up with the same shit as the UK, a parallel legal system being enforced through extrajudicial coercion at the community level. If you think women from these rabidly patriarchal societies where family honor is more important than life, actually have a say in these matters then there's no hope for you and makes you part of the problem.

Sharia can not be allowed as an option or we're going to end up with the same shit as the UK, a parallel legal system being enforced through extrajudicial coercion at the community level. If you think women from these rabidly patriarchal societies where family honor is more important than life, actually have a say in these matters then there's no hope for you and makes you part of the problem.
Sharia Law is not a threat in this country. The US Constitution will not allow it.

FOXNEWS. You might as well have linked to MAD magazine, at least we're funnier.
Well, I'll tell you something. It's interesting that I was able to find this story in about a half dozen publications and you chose the one from Fox news that is actually just a discussion about Sharia law in general and provides no actual facts of the case. Here is the real story: Articles: Sharia Victory in Florida Threatens Human Rights

You will see that the case had to do with a dispute between two Muslim groups, a Mosque and a group of their trustees who were dismissed by the Mosque

The Mosque was opposed to the use of Sharia law in the arbitration

The use of religious law is not unusual to settle disputes with a religious group

In any case no one outside of a religious group is subject to religious law

So what the hell are you bleating about?
Sharia must be outlawed to protect women and children in Muslim America. Don't you agree?

Son, You apparently have not thought this through. You are either terribly confused or you are deliberately and dishonestly conflating two different issues.

Issue #1 The use of Sharia law in US Courts:

No one who goes before a US court is going to be subject to Sharia law, even if they are Muslim and somehow committed an offence against another Muslim or against Islam. No one will have a hand cut off for stealing. No one will be stoned for adultery. A Muslim before a US court who has committed a civil or criminal offence will be judged and punished in accordance with the applicable statutes and codes, and the US Constitution.

All of the hysteria about Sharia laws can be traced to instances like the Florida case where a judge allowed two Muslims parties to arbitrate a civil matter under Sharia law, but that does not mean that they would be allowed to seek a remedy that violates US law.
And, there are cases like this:

In the United States, there are no Islamic courts, but judges sometimes have to consider Islamic law in their decisions. For example, a judge may have to recognize the validity of an Islamic marriage contract from a Muslim country in order to grant a divorce in America. Sharia Law In The USA 101: A Guide To What It Is And Why States Want To Ban It | HuffPost

Issue 2. The use of Sharia law by Muslims in there place of worship or homes.

You want to outlaw Sharia Law to protect women and children ? Well, first of all, if you want to curtail the religious practices of Muslims, you are going run into a pesky problem called that first Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof....."

However, that does not mean that they can circumvent or violate US law or the Constitution. They can't cut off hands or stone people any more than a civil court judge can. They can't marry a 10 year old. If they do, and it comes to the attention of the authorities, they will be tried and punished in accordance with US law.

In addition, even if you could get around the first amendment , you have to other religious laws- particularly Catholicism and Judaism have there oppressive aspects as well. Now you have a problem of equal protection under the law because you are singling out Islam.
Frankly, I think that all of this anti Sharia crap is a boatload of bigoted bovine excrement. Anti Sharia is code for anti Muslim.

I might add that it's the same people who blather about protecting women and children by banning Sharia Law are all for cuts in health care services for women, nutritional programs, and loads of other stuff that benefits them? Do you agree?

If there is any part of this that you don't understand, please let me know and I'll rewrite it at a lower grade level.
Ma'am, it's exactly what I said somewhere else, the Constitution protects the use of sharia law. So unless we change the Constitution again, hands will eventually get chopped off.
Oh Christ!! You did not understand a damned thing that I said,did you.??.No hands are getting chopped off . We do not need to change the constitution. If you want to restrict religious freedom , you better be prepared to deal with the wrath of the Christians too. Religious freedom does not allow for the commission of criminal acts. Are you really that obtuse, or just playing stupid?
The First Amendment says that no law shall be enacted that restricts the practice of your religion. Ipso facto, hands are eventually going to be chopped, otherwise you'd be restricting Islam.
And Christianity in parts of the US has been able to deny some people equal rights, like with marriage, which is illegal.
Please try again.

Son, You apparently have not thought this through. You are either terribly confused or you are deliberately and dishonestly conflating two different issues.

Issue #1 The use of Sharia law in US Courts:

No one who goes before a US court is going to be subject to Sharia law, even if they are Muslim and somehow committed an offence against another Muslim or against Islam. No one will have a hand cut off for stealing. No one will be stoned for adultery. A Muslim before a US court who has committed a civil or criminal offence will be judged and punished in accordance with the applicable statutes and codes, and the US Constitution.

All of the hysteria about Sharia laws can be traced to instances like the Florida case where a judge allowed two Muslims parties to arbitrate a civil matter under Sharia law, but that does not mean that they would be allowed to seek a remedy that violates US law.
And, there are cases like this:

In the United States, there are no Islamic courts, but judges sometimes have to consider Islamic law in their decisions. For example, a judge may have to recognize the validity of an Islamic marriage contract from a Muslim country in order to grant a divorce in America. Sharia Law In The USA 101: A Guide To What It Is And Why States Want To Ban It | HuffPost

Issue 2. The use of Sharia law by Muslims in there place of worship or homes.

You want to outlaw Sharia Law to protect women and children ? Well, first of all, if you want to curtail the religious practices of Muslims, you are going run into a pesky problem called that first Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof....."

However, that does not mean that they can circumvent or violate US law or the Constitution. They can't cut off hands or stone people any more than a civil court judge can. They can't marry a 10 year old. If they do, and it comes to the attention of the authorities, they will be tried and punished in accordance with US law.

In addition, even if you could get around the first amendment , you have to other religious laws- particularly Catholicism and Judaism have there oppressive aspects as well. Now you have a problem of equal protection under the law because you are singling out Islam.
Frankly, I think that all of this anti Sharia crap is a boatload of bigoted bovine excrement. Anti Sharia is code for anti Muslim.

I might add that it's the same people who blather about protecting women and children by banning Sharia Law are all for cuts in health care services for women, nutritional programs, and loads of other stuff that benefits them? Do you agree?

If there is any part of this that you don't understand, please let me know and I'll rewrite it at a lower grade level.

Sorry sport but Muslim women don't attend these Sharia tribunals by choice the evidence collected by member of the House of Lords and renowned human rights activist Baroness Cox for example shows that in the U.K. are being forced to use these parallel legal systems under the threats of violence, murder, and being ostracized from their families and communities.

Bow Group Report: "A Parallel World - confronting the abuse of Muslim women in Britain" | The Bow Group
All that this proves is that there are hysterical bigots in the UK just like here:

The UK's Sharia 'courts'

UKIP says that: "the law of the land must apply to us all. We oppose any other system of law". Its leader has referred to "80 practising Sharia courts around the United Kingdom".

Are there 'Sharia courts' in Britain?

While there are undoubtedly lots of different councils and tribunals dealing with Sharia principles, they aren't courts of law.

Most are Sharia 'councils' set up to make decisions on purely religious matters, although there are some bodies that mix Sharia principles with legally binding arbitration. But none can overrule the regular courts.
Sharia councils

Getting married for the purposes of your religion doesn't necessarily mean you are married in the eyes of the state.

Equally, the paperwork required for a civil divorce needn't be recognised by your religion.

For this reason, many Sharia councils exist to issue Islamic divorce certificates, and give advice on other aspects of religious law. They're often attached to mosques.

[QUOTE]In 2013, the High Court was asked by an Orthodox Jewish couple to accept the ruling of a Jewish religious court on post-divorce family arrangements. The judge said that while the agreement would carry weight, it would be non-binding—neither party could get around English law by agreeing to abide by the decision of another tribunal.

Rather than open the door to "Sharia divorces", as some newspapers reported, the judgment confirmed that agreements made in a religious form are ultimately subject to English law.

The Muslim Arbitration Tribunal is an example of this approach. It appoints one qualified lawyer and one expert in Islamic law to each case. In this way, it tries to ensure that the decision reached is in line with both secular and religious law.

So if both parties agree, arbitral tribunals can decide certain issues by applying religious principles.

This doesn't make them courts as such. Their legal authority comes from being voluntarily chosen as a decision-maker, and they can't make any decisions that are contrary to national law.

Academics tend to be more relaxed, saying that "fears that councils are forming a parallel legal system appear to be unfounded". A new book by a Dutch researcher is reportedly more critical about how women in particular are treated.

Yes there are concerns, but it is not what the Bow group claims and the UK will address any issues just like we will here:

Researchers also stress that we need more information to work out how important Sharia councils are on the ground, and the experiences of people using them.

Similarly, the government now says that "there is evidence of a problem, but we have an inadequate understanding of all the issues involved". It has commissioned a review into whether Sharia is being "misused or applied in a way which is incompatible with the law", to report in 2017.
So basically, you defend the use of sharia courts. Are you one of sunni's socks or what? :cool:
Please take a reading comprehension course![/QUOTE]
State it clearly right now then, are you for outlawing sharia courts in the US? Yes or No?

Sharia Law is not a threat in this country. The US Constitution will not allow it.
The First Amendment allows freedom of religion. Muslims should be allowed to chop each other's hand off if they so choose. I have no problem with that.

Civil rights laws protect women and children have a whole set of laws that protect them.
The First Amendment protects freedom of religion, of which sharia is included. So the question becomes, which Amendments are more powerful than the others, and is that even possible to have one Amendment over rule another?

Last edited:
The First Amendment allows freedom of religion. Muslims should be allowed to chop each other's hand off if they so choose. I have no problem with that.
No they can't chop each others hands off for the simple reason you are denying the person who's hands are being chopped off their Constitutional right to their hands.

The First Amendment protects freedom of religion, of which sharia is included. So the question becomes, which Amendments are more powerful than the others, and is that even possible to have one Amendment over rule another?
No that is not the question Sparky. The question is does religious freedom take precedence over criminal law. The answer is no, but apparently you are either not bright enough to get that or you're just playing stupid. Which is it?

No they can't chop each others hands off for the simple reason you are denying the person who's hands are being chopped off their Constitutional right to their hands.
lol. There's no such Constitution right to your hand. But there is a Constitutional right for the person getting their hand chopped off to get it chopped off, if he or she so desires. I could have my hand chopped off today and nobody would care.

Forum List

Back